Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Gold Coast QLD, Australia
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Ash
Member #

Montana de Oro being a State Park you have to camp in the camp grounds, which are a bit back from the beach, no dispersed camping.

Pismo Beach is the only camp on the sand, beach camping in California and its just down the road from SLO. Pismo can get very busy and noisy because of all the people on the dunes. There are other small state park camp grounds in the area.

Look at iOverlander | Find your next destination or The Dyrt | A Better Way to Search for Campgrounds to find more campgrounds in that area.

Morehouse Expedition

Rank VI
Launch Member

Explorer I

Utah, USA
First Name
Rick
Last Name
Morehouse
Member #

Service Branch
I.S. Navy
Going north from Morro Bay is a state park right on the beach just a few miles up hwy1 I believe it is now Morro Strand state beach or park. I know it as Atascadero beach but I maybe wrong it has been awhile since I have been there. Maybe it’s time I go home just on a trip

MMc

Rank V

Influencer II

San Dimas, Ca.
First Name
Mike
Last Name
McMullen
Member #

Montana de Oro is a great place but you must camo in the appointed campsites, there is very little open camping in that area.
Jalama Beach County Park is GREAT, if you can get into it. It's south of Lompoc off of Highway 1 in the middle of nowhere.

malacandro

Rank I

Member I

Los Angeles, CA, USA
First Name
Joel
Last Name
Abraham
Member #

Any one knows a great spot near this area? Looking to camp out overnight in the beach. Any other recommendations is great too. Thanks
You can camp on the beach at Point Mugu near Malibu (one side is beach, other in a ravine). More RV centric than many people would like, but the noise of the ocean drowns out your neighbors.