Montana Build

• HTML tutorial

APtrail2005

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder II

Kalispell Montana
Member #

IMG_1783.JPG I bought a 2017 JKU Rubicon for my build, I wasn't sure about ripping into $40K rig so I had to really research my build. So here is what's been done so far...
35 inch Toyo Tires with a 3" BDS suspension upgrade to include shocks and coil springs (no wheel spacers needed)
Fabricated steel fenders with RR-Steel inner fenders for wheel clearance and articulation.
HD-Steel front bumper with recovery shackles and 9klb winch. I added KC-trail lights to the front with extended beams for distance on the trail.
Under the hood I mounted SPod for accessory lights and wiring. I also installed ARB dual air compressor for tires and upgraded Front and rear lockers.
On top I added an expedition rooftop rack for gear and RRT.

professorkx

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

For shocks, you might want to entertain the King 2.5 adjustable shocks. They are expensive, but I would expect not much more than the Fox shocks. I've been running the Kings for almost 3 years on my 2014 Rubicon with 35's and only a leveling kit (I have the 1 million mile, zero deductible warranty on both our jeeps, so didn't want to void the warranty on the suspension) . The difference with the Kings is amazing. In desert whoops, I can double the speed of other 4 door jeeps with various lifts that aren't crazy expensive like a full long arm, and rocky roads feel smooth as speed. Don't think they make a difference rock crawling at Moab, but when we hit the desert trails, it's night and day over other shocks.

4wheelspulling

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Chelan, WA.
First Name
Vance
Last Name
Myers
Member #

Nice looking Jeep and build! I really like the color too. It is hard enough to tear into my old junk, little lone something as new as your Jeep! Oh by the way, I lived in Lolo, MT. for a while. Love Montana and see myself moving back some day! Benz.

Reactions: APtrail2005