Monache Meadows

• HTML tutorial

GPsGeeps

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Monache Meadows lies within the Inyo National Forest at an elevation around 8,000ft and is surrounded by the Golden Trout Wilderness. The USDA website list it as a remote area of the Kern Plateau reached by a rough and rocky road, High Clearance a must, 4WD recommended. Dispersed camping , fishing and hiking are available here.

If you haven't been here before, put it on your list. If you have, you know why it belongs on the list. :grinning:

Here's a quick video I put together of our most recent trip:

Inthewoods

Local Expert Central CA
Investor

Creator III

Visalia, CA, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Garcia
Member #

If you felt that earthquake on July 5th it was strong up there at Monache Meadows. I was at the Riverside campground when it hit. I spent 3 days up there and heading back up on November 1-3 before they close the gate. Cool video I'm just learning how to YouTube video .

Reactions: GPsGeeps

GPsGeeps

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

If you felt that earthquake on July 5th it was strong up there at Monache Meadows. I was at the Riverside campground when it hit. I spent 3 days up there and heading back up on November 1-3 before they close the gate. Cool video I'm just learning how to YouTube video .
We sure did feel the earthquake. And all of the aftershocks. We were camped out near Monache Creek that night.