Enthusiast I

Escondido, CA, USA
First Name
Jan
Last Name
Beaver
Member #

Hi LB,
Did you get any info on Monache Meadows? I'm trying to plan a camping trip to the area. I'd like to get as close to the Kern River if possible. I saw on the Inyo Natl. Forest website info on the jeep trail. Also checking the Avenza Map application for iOS. You can download pdf maps for the area to phone. I'll check you thread to see if you get any replies. Good luck!

Inthewoods

Local Expert Central CA
Investor

Trail Blazer III

Visalia, CA, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Garcia
Member #

LB, I just came back from Monache Meadows on May 22 to the 25. I camped at bottom of My Whitney, Mt Whitney was closed, and 2 nights at Monache at the river side campsite. It got down to 25 to 30 degrees at night. You can cross all the rivers. There was no fire restrictions in Monache Meadows but outside there was restrictions. I go a few times a year. I just completed the 3 day challenge that Micheal put out. I'll be posting on YouTube soon.

LBHubz

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Long Beach, CA, USA
Member #

Awesome. Looking to go this weekend. Did you get a lot of traffic? It seems like there a lot have been a lot of rigs out and about. Hoping for total seclusion.

TOUGE

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Gold Coast QLD, Australia
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Ash
Member #

Was there over the weekend, river is very crossable at every crossing. VERY busy, the campsites at the end along the river was prolly 15+ cars. Almost every other site was gone by 2pm Saturday. Was cold 28-30f at night and very windy, too windy to fly fish the open river, up in the trees was ok.

Reactions: EXPO_D1

Inthewoods

Local Expert Central CA
Investor

Trail Blazer III

Visalia, CA, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Garcia
Member #

It was busy when I went too but it was a holiday weekend when I went. I have plans to go again the 1st. weekend of November. There are very little people in November going up there. I try to get in before they close the gate for winter. I always go to the Riverside campsite, I like that side. Last year I caught two fish by fly fishing. I always have a good time inthewoods.

Redfish

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Escondido, CA, USA
First Name
Jan
Last Name
Beaver
Member #

Made to Monache Meadows last Monday. Just got back last night (Friday June 19). When we got there only a few campers/ off roasters but as the week progressed lots of people poured in. While leaving yesterday, driving down 9 mile road to 395, my buddy remark it was a good time to be leaving.
Monache 4x4 trail is in good shape and rivers are crossable. We camped at the River Campsites. Great local.
Also caught beautiful rainbows and hybrids fly fishing.

Kenslittle72

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Princeton, Moorpark
Member #

We were up the Wednesday and Thursday night camped towards the end against the river. Temps were great at night. it filled up fairly quickly Wednesday afternoon. Currently no wood fires but propane is fine. Water levels were fine.

Reactions: Raul B