Launch Member

Member I

AZ, USA
First Name
Caleb
Last Name
D
Member #

Hi all! I'm thinking of checking out some of Mojave Trails National Monument next week after I drive through Mojave National Preserve. It's going to be just me and the dog so we're not hitting too much trail this time around but still want to do some exploring. We wheel in South Central AZ all the time, but wanted to check out this beautiful section of the country. Anyone have any experience with this fairly new protected land between I-40 and Rte 66? Favorite places to go etc? Thanks!

Arepas

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

USA
Member #

I went to Mojave Preserve about 2 weeks ago, the Hole in the wall visitor center was closed, bathrooms were open, there was potable water too. I'll be doing the Mojave Road (maybe skipping the water crossing) around the 28th

Reactions: cdavis90

Pklaus

Rank 0
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Marysville, WA, USA
First Name
Patrick
Last Name
Klaus
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7LSJ
been about 3 years since i last went, interesting spots for me were the lava tubes, old pit mine at 34.920740, -115.567877 (4x4 needed) , and come in off the kelbacker road side, unless you want a challenge then use the essex road side also stay off jackass canyon unless you got a buddy, very rocky. but going back next weekend with the rally point so might be able to update after that

Reactions: cdavis90

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Hi all! I'm thinking of checking out some of Mojave Trails National Monument next week after I drive through Mojave National Preserve. It's going to be just me and the dog so we're not hitting too much trail this time around but still want to do some exploring. We wheel in South Central AZ all the time, but wanted to check out this beautiful section of the country. Anyone have any experience with this fairly new protected land between I-40 and Rte 66? Favorite places to go etc? Thanks!
@Kent R is hosting a cleanup event from March 12-15. You will probably see quite a few Overland Bound Members especially at the entrance to the park.

cdavis90

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

AZ, USA
First Name
Caleb
Last Name
D
Member #