Corsicana, TX, USA
First Name
Rich
Last Name
Eubank
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5KFF
Been sitting here thinking about the tombstone. I maybe way off but I know somewhere out in that area a military plane crashed. I am thinking around the Viet Nam area. I have seen YouTube videos' about it but it was a few years back. Again maybe way off about location but the down plane is real.

Reactions: Jeepin and Peepin

Boppa's Travels

Rank VI

Explorer I

Corsicana, TX, USA
First Name
Rich
Last Name
Eubank
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5KFF
Naw it was an A6 intruder. He didn't give a location but terrain although high desert I did see a Joshua tree in sight.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
As you face the Frog Monument look to the right you’ll see a Joshua tree about 50 paces over right under that Joshua tree is this tombstone. Has anyone ever seen this or is this new? Let me know.
During last years clean up we had the Mojave Preserve Archaeologist and the Resource manager with us at this location, I forget the story but will make contact this morning and get back to you with the details.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Ok here is the word from the Preserves head Archaeologist David Nichols;
"We find these all over the Preserve. Sometimes there are cremains either scattered about or possibly buried but most of these just seem to be memorials."
Probably not the answer you wanted but it makes sense.

Adventure is Necessary! good find.

Everyone interested in the Mojave Preserve/Road. Overland Bound will be conducting another large cleanup in conjunction with the National Park Service the second weekend of November. More information to come out in mid to late August.

Boppa's Travels

Rank VI

Explorer I

Corsicana, TX, USA
First Name
Rich
Last Name
Eubank
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5KFF
"We find these all over the Preserve. Sometimes there are cremains either scattered about or possibly buried but most of these just seem to be memorials."

Everyone interested in the Mojave Preserve/Road. Overland Bound will be conducting another large cleanup in conjunction with the National Park Service the second weekend of November. More information to come out in mid to late August.
makes sense years ago I was somewhere (can tell off the top of head) up on a hills was a memorial that hike the trails around. I believe he passed of cancer.

Reactions: Jeepin and Peepin

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
As you face the Frog Monument look to the right you’ll see a Joshua tree about 50 paces over right under that Joshua tree is this tombstone. Has anyone ever seen this or is this new? Let me know.
You can also contact the Mojave Desert Heritage & Cultural Association they have lots of info about these items on the trail.

Reactions: Boppa's Travels

Jeepin and Peepin

Rank II
Launch Member

Pathfinder II

Quartz Hill, CA, USA
First Name
mike
Last Name
timperio
Member #

Thanks for the scoop, and we'd love to be a part of this.