Mountain House, CA
First Name
Lee
Last Name
Hambly
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6MVX
Plannjng a trip from the Bay Area to OEW which includes the Mojave Road. We’ve decided to take the trail Eastbound (reverse) so we can end closer to AZ and Expo West. We will be leaving the Bay Area 5/14 and hitting the trail Tuesday morning 5/15. Again we will be traveling from West to East so starting in Afton Canyon. It’s our first time on the Old Mojave so hoping to have a few rigs join us.

Enthusiast I

Brentwood, CA
Member #

Plannjng a trip from the Bay Area to OEW which includes the Mojave Road. We’ve decided to take the trail Eastbound (reverse) so we can end closer to AZ and Expo West. We will be leaving the Bay Area 5/14 and hitting the trail Tuesday morning 5/15. Again we will be traveling from West to East so starting in Afton Canyon. It’s our first time on the Old Mojave so hoping to have a few rigs join us.
If you want to do the entire trail, it starts at Camp Cady. You will be skipping at least an hour.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using OB Talk mobile app

digitalDan

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Simi Valley, Ca.
First Name
Dan
Last Name
Ricketts
Member #

Good Morning ..I was thinking the same but not leaving till WED. 5-16. morning if work permits I will try for Tuesday.
I will be traveling alone and would be great to have some company.. Thanks

GXnGS

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Mountain House, CA
First Name
Lee
Last Name
Hambly
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6MVX
Good Morning ..I was thinking the same but not leaving till WED. 5-16. morning if work permits I will try for Tuesday.
I will be traveling alone and would be great to have some company.. Thanks
Sounds good- let us know if you can make it Tuesday!

GXnGS

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Mountain House, CA
First Name
Lee
Last Name
Hambly
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6MVX
Some updates! We are just under a week out from this trip, and the plan is to stay the first night (Monday 5/14) at Old Camp Cady as we will be coming down from the Bay Area Monday morning. Officially starting the trail 9a, Eastbound on Tuesday morning if that’s easier for anyone at Camp Cady. Will be on the trail all day Tuesday and Wednesday, ending somewhere Thursday morning/afternoon. Will be on Ham 146.520 (KM6MVX) and CB channel 7. You can also PM me and coordinate that way. So far it’s my family in the GX and a friend in a black FJ. Hoping we get a few more folks to join us! Otherwise we will see you at OEXW.

Enthusiast I

Brentwood, CA
Member #

Some updates! We are just under a week out from this trip, and the plan is to stay the first night (Monday 5/14) at Old Camp Cady as we will be coming down from the Bay Area Monday morning. Officially starting the trail 9a, Eastbound on Tuesday morning if that’s easier for anyone at Camp Cady. Will be on the trail all day Tuesday and Wednesday, ending somewhere Thursday morning/afternoon. Will be on Ham 146.520 (KM6MVX) and CB channel 7. You can also PM me and coordinate that way. So far it’s my family in the GX and a friend in a black FJ. Hoping we get a few more folks to join us! Otherwise we will see you at OEXW.
I don't think there's anywhere to camp at Camp Cady, FYI.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using OB Talk mobile app

GXnGS

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Mountain House, CA
First Name
Lee
Last Name
Hambly
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6MVX
One more update! Based on feedback we will change the first night camping area to Afton Canyon as there aren't any spots at Camp Cady. Let me know if you can make it!

GXnGS

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Mountain House, CA
First Name
Lee
Last Name
Hambly
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6MVX
I'm thinking of a trip through the Mojave Road and I was wondering how your trip went.
It was great! Just 2 rigs but it was a lot of fun. Amazing scenery and fun roads. Don’t have much else to share except we want to do it again.

Reactions: arbezee