Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Aptos, California
First Name
Patrick
Last Name
Hung
Member #

Is anyone planning on running Mojave Road this fall (October or later), east to west?

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Overland Bound will be conducting a Trail Guardian event in the preserve October 22-24. There will be allot of members traveling the Mojave road during that time.

my134Runner

Rank IV

Influencer II

Las Vegas, NV, USA
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Anderson
Member #

Is anyone planning on running Mojave Road this fall (October or later), east to west?

We're going next weekend for my 16th annual September Mojave Road trip, I think we may have room for one or two more trucks, no more than that.

And other than the Guardian event, I've learned my lesson about going out there in October during deer Hunting season!!! Truck loads of guys with guns!!! Just hope they don't mistake you for a deer, as they're shooting everywhere in the park!!!

Main planning thread is here: Toyota120, we cross posted here as some of our members in 120 haven't been doing much lately!

RoamerOverland

Rank II
Investor

Enthusiast I

Temescal Canyon, Corona, CA, USA
First Name
Joe
Last Name
Hudack
Member #

Hey All,
I know there is an event on Mojave on October 22. I was planning to go on the 14th through 17th with a friend and my son. My friend had to drop out. So it is just the two of us going. Any advice from those that have been would be appreciated!

Thanks.

smritte

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Ontario California
First Name
Scott
Last Name
SMR
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KO6BI
I'm leading a small group the weekend after thanksgiving. I may have a couple of spots open. So far I only have 3 confirmed. I normally like my groups under 6 rigs.

WheelMe

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Aptos, California
First Name
Patrick
Last Name
Hung
Member #

I'm leading a small group the weekend after thanksgiving. I may have a couple of spots open. So far I only have 3 confirmed. I normally like my groups under 6 rigs.
I'd be interested. This would be for the weekend of Dec. 4, 5? Two nights? Thx.

smritte

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Ontario California
First Name
Scott
Last Name
SMR
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KO6BI
I will be starting on 11/27. The number of days is dependent on the group. I'm planning four days with the opportunity to bail out at the end of each day. I know one or two people were planning on cutting out on Sunday. They would turn down to the I-40 after we stop at Hole in the wall.

Reactions: Mike Mike

WheelMe

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Aptos, California
First Name
Patrick
Last Name
Hung
Member #

Are you driving up on the morning of the 27th, or are you staying in a hotel locally (Needles) Friday night? I may be able to get to the area on Friday evening - I'm coming from NorCal. I assume that you're running the trail East to West?

smritte

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Ontario California
First Name
Scott
Last Name
SMR
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KO6BI
Send me a PM if you want on the list. I plan on hitting the trail Saturday morning. I visit my mother in Vegas for thanksgiving then head over and stay at a hotel Friday night. Last time it was the river lodge, before that Avi. I figure some people will head out Friday night so Saturday start gives them time to rest.

I did the drive west to east this summer, was 122° First time out there following lifestyle overland tracks
Did the drive in 2 days solo
I've gone both ways. Going east to west is easier if people want/need to bail earlier for my area. I also don't just follow the just the trail. There's a ton of cool stuff to see off the sides. I've run it in two long days and taken as long as five. Each day ends in a way people can cut out early if they want. I normally lead two runs there a year except for last year, only did one.

WheelMe

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Aptos, California
First Name
Patrick
Last Name
Hung
Member #

Would you expect snow in late-November? It'll probably be pretty cold at night then, but wouldn't affect the drive.

smritte

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Ontario California
First Name
Scott
Last Name
SMR
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KO6BI
November is normally mild. My new Years trip's will either be nice, windy/cold, rain/cold, rain/ice storm or any combo from that. The weather out there doesn't do the unexpected. If it says mild, that's what it will be. In the sierra, I have started nice and 10 days later it dropped 12 inch of snow, in the first week of September.

RivMan

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Pinckney, MI, USA
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Coppersmith III
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N8RTC
Hey, all!

Just ran across this thread, but my wife and I are going to be hitting the Mojave Road (East to West) this weekend.

Planning to arrive in the area November 11, Friday afternoon, and finish up Monday morning.

Anyone else in the area, or interested in joining?

Thanks
-Rob