90volts

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Springfield, PA 19064, USA
First Name
mike
Last Name
gallela
Hey all. Anyone have any word on the Mojave road conditions today? Heading in a couple of hours from now. Saw that the visitors center will be closed. Looking mainly for the soda lake conditions and the water height of the crossing. Figures should be good. .. haven’t seen any rain in their forecast over the last week and change that we have been on the road. Thanks!

90volts

Rank II

Enthusiast III

First Name
mike
Last Name
gallela
Out of the desert now. Soda lake is dry. And the water at the crossing was about 40 inches. Made it through both with the 2.5 lifted Sahara with no problems at all (just a little anxiety). What a great ride. Confusing trails out of Marl spring and some of the trail after soda lake. Pretty smooth other then that. Sleeping in the Jeep in the desert was amazing. We did Death Valley the next couple of days as well. Leaving for the coast now.

dovla

Rank 0

Contributor I

napoli
First Name
alikt
Last Name
kalif
From Kelso Cima, take a left onto Cima Street or bend left onto Morning Star Mine Street. Cima will get you to I-15 sooner (you'll see a street sign), however Morning Star Mine is shorter by a couple of moments. It's recommended to explore this confounding convergence.
192.168.100.1 192.168.1.1 jpg to pdf

Last edited:

90volts

Rank II

Enthusiast III

First Name
mike
Last Name
gallela
thank you for the info! I was wondering how to get around. we made it no problem. I am sure you are right about the exploring. Our itinerary was pretty rushed and i plan on going back to spend at least a couple weeks on the trail next time.