Launch Member

Pathfinder II

Whittier CA
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Dickens
Member #

yes it is safe they have lots of security plus its well lit.
We decided to camp in the dirt. One other vehicle will be joining us. Anyone who wants to join us can contact me. As we get closer we can coordinate and pick a camp spot and decide on where to meet the rest of the group in the morning.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

buckwilk

Rank IV

Advocate II

yuma, az
20 Rigs, two days and no comms requirements? I'm out.

Ryan has stated that he has HAM. This is a bunch of guys getting together to do a road many are interested in. Done every day , no requirements. This road is run by single rigs all the time. I have found that in the desert and mountains all comms are spotty. Best way I've found and used is buddy system.

Mark D

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder II

Whittier CA
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Dickens
Member #

Ryan has stated that he has HAM. This is a bunch of guys getting together to do a road many are interested in. Done every day , no requirements. This road is run by single rigs all the time. I have found that in the desert and mountains all comms are spotty. Best way I've found and used is buddy system.
I run a CB (old school). I need to get my HAM license.

SoCOTaco

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Monument, CO
Member #

We decided to camp in the dirt. One other vehicle will be joining us. Anyone who wants to join us can contact me. As we get closer we can coordinate and pick a camp spot and decide on where to meet the rest of the group in the morning.

I'll probably be joining you guys if you're camping near the meeting point.

Mark D

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder II

Whittier CA
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Dickens
Member #

I'll probably be joining you guys if you're camping near the meeting point.
Looks like there are a few of us camping at the trail head. Do you know the area? As we get closer I will send out my phone number and we can coordinate.

Reactions: Luis V

John Gottes

Rank 0

Traveler I

Not much to see at the meeting point, but about 2mi east is the true start of the Mojave Road, on the west bank of the Colorado River, directly across from Fort Mojave.
http://wikimapia.org/#lang=en&lat=35.045683&lon=-114.626954&z=18&m=b&show=/5306538/Mojave-Road-Mile-0
Appears you can camp there on the bank of the river.

Riverski

Rank 0
Launch Member

Traveler I

kingman
Member #

Dang the 20th is opening day for my grandmothers cow elk hunt but if we organize a #3 in spring please consider this my RSVP.

Mike G

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

San Jose, CA
Member #

I missed the 1st trip and I'm free that weekend. What's the daytime temps going to be like during this time of year?

Mike G

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

San Jose, CA
Member #

Count me in, I just RSVP. I'll most likely be down on Thursday night and camp at the trail head. For comms, I'll be using a CB. What channel will everybody be using?

Reactions: Luis V

Mark D

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder II

Whittier CA
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Dickens
Member #

Yea I'll be on cb too just need to know the channel

Sent from my SM-G955U using OB Talk mobile app
For those people camping at the trailhead with us we will be on CB Channel 27. We can change channels in the morning or if Ryan knows what channel we will run on the trail?

Mark D

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder II

Whittier CA
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Dickens
Member #

As we get closer to the trip anyone who will be camping with us please send me a PM and I will give you my cell number.

Reactions: Bandit

Ryan Matthes

OB Ambassador
Supporter +
Investor

Explorer I

Chapel Hill, NC
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Matthes
Member #

If you are a definite on this trip, please send an email to ryan@overlandbound.com so we can consolidate and go over final prep details.

Thanks
Ryan