• HTML tutorial

Wanderer351

Rank VI
Launch Member

Pathfinder III

bladensburg,ohio
Member #

North central Ohio
Mohican state park to AEP Recreational lands. Day 2 Big Muskie Bucket AEP to hocking hills. 230 miles-ish..

Hosted by me at Midwest Overland Training and my Facebookcrew at Weekend Wanderers & Midwest Overlanders

More videos in the channel

April 26-28. Meeting at mohican covered bridge campground 9am Saturday

Some of us are meeting Friday evening at the covered bridge campground and staying overnight. First come first serve can't reserve sites. Can double up. $23 cash or credit card number at the iron ranger.

Aep just confirmed THEY ARE GIVING US HOOK LAKE CAMPGROUND A AGAIN!!!! ALL OURS SATURDAY NIGHT!!

Routes are also in the files section or avalable on my public drop box.

Link to Dropbox with MohicanAEP.KLM and AEPhocking.KLM so GAIA maps has the actual route!

We will reuse the Hocking route for day 2..when people wanna head that way..I WILL get routes for Saturday along with folks who want to free explore the area...so MUCH to see and DO!!

DETAILS!! INFO!!
You NEED the free permit printed and filled out with you for FREE CAMPING at the jesse Owens aep area. I am calling this week to see if we can reserve camo A hook lake. If not we will be trying for camp C sand hollow.

Camp is also 30 min away from any amenities..the local shop I used closed...we WILL be traveling by MANY places to get firewood/food/snacks/fuel thru the entire trip..and I will be stopping to get firewood on the way.
PETS and weird friends must be leashed. I learned the hard way years ago that not everyones pets are friendly to roaming dogs..lets keep everyone safe..
KIDS/WIFES...Bring them!! This will be as family friendly as can be..however after 10:30 there are quiet hours at camp..but as long as we are good neighbors all is good..
ALCOHOL...camp is DRY...NO DRINKING AND DRIVING PERIOD. *IF* you cant wait till camp...I can recommend some addiction counciling :)

Currently no set camp for Saturday night

leaving from muskie bucket towards Wayne national forrest..San Toy,moonville tunnel (haunted). Kings hollow tunnel.hocking hills area.(old mans cave. ash cave, conkles hollow)

Facebook is blocking all the links and refusing to upload this post with any links in it.

San toy

kings hollow tunnel

haunted moonville tunnel

Hocking hills area

View Rally Point
Last edited:

Wanderer351

Rank VI
Launch Member

Pathfinder III

bladensburg,ohio
Member #

I am interested in going do you have an address where you are meeting up?
Mohican Covered Bridge,
Park Rd, Perrysville, OH 44864

Mohican Covered Bridge

Facebook is being VERY weird about links and terms of useage right now so I couldn't post it in the copied announcement above.

Currently im expecting 15+ vehicles (first year we had 24 and 50+ people)

Also AEP is giving us useage of HOOK LAKE CAMPGROUND A for FREE Saturday night behind the locked gate (I have the code so we do have in and out privileges)

kkramer257

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Mt. Perry, OH.
First Name
Kurt
Last Name
Kramer
Member #

Mohican Covered Bridge,

Mohican Covered Bridge

Facebook is being VERY weird about links and terms of useage right now so I couldn't post it in the copied announcement above.

Currently im expecting 15+ vehicles (first year we had 24 and 50+ people)

Also AEP is giving us useage of HOOK LAKE CAMPGROUND A for FREE Saturday night behind the locked gate (I have the code so we do have in and out privileges)
Thanks my wife and I are planning on meeting up with the group on Saturday we live in southeast Ohio so we will be close to home. My grandsons cub scouts pack camps at hook lake a couple of times of year so we are familiar with the area.

Reactions: Wanderer351

Trice58

Rank II

Enthusiast I

Ohio
I’m new to this. I just joined. Do I just show up? I have a 2007 Chevy 2500 HD. I’m trying to build. Do I need anything special?

Trice58

Rank II

Enthusiast I

Ohio
I’m new to this. I just joined. Do I just show up? I have a 2007 Chevy 2500 HD. I’m trying to build. Do I need anything special?

Trice58

Rank II

Enthusiast I

Ohio

Trice58

Rank II

Enthusiast I

Ohio