Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Glen Cove, NY, USA
First Name
Max
Last Name
Cheney
Member #

What part of NY you moving to? I lived in the 1,000 island region for a few years. I kind of miss it at times. but not as much as I missed Eastern Oregon while I was traveling the world.
Wow, you were way up there! I'm from Long Island. I moved out here for what was supposed to be 2 months, to help my family business' west coast division move from the bay area up to Ashland. That was September 2018, so it ended up being a little longer than that! I feel the same way about the east coast. As much as I love the small bit of the PNW that I've seen, I really miss friends and family back east. I'm sure I will return, especially since my roommate and best friend has no intention of leaving the west coast to go back to Connecticut, I'll have to visit!

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
If you ever make it out here to the east side of the state ill show you some awesome trails and views you will never see on the east coast

Reactions: TwoRoadsOverland

Smileyshaun

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Happy Valley, OR, USA
First Name
Shaun
Last Name
Hoffman
Member #

I’ve had drawer systems in past vehicles and they are great and all but I find it limits you to just that use , I use my rig for lots of other things so what I’ve been doing is pairing everything down to the essentials and switching to soft bags rather than totes .
Less strapping down is needed because everything settles into each other .
Takes up way way less room
Lighter
And I can use many different size bags to fit individual needs of its contents .
I can carry extra bags I case I need to reorganize for some reason unlike hard cases where it’s best to keep things close to the same so they can stack on top of each other .

Reactions: justjames