Supporter

Influencer III

West Haven, UT, USA
First Name
Cendee
Last Name
Bjerregaard
Member #

Spent the weekend in Moab figuring out the dynamics of my roof rack and tent. Overall handled pretty fantastic doing Top of the World, Hell's Revenge and Poison Spider. Challenges of being top heavy is basically taking it slow, steady and keeping up the momentum. Only had to winch myself up one part of Poison Spider that I slipped off to the side of the rock. I am extremely lucky that Moab is on a short 3.5 hour drive for me.

00000IMG_00000_BURST20190202115913101_COVER.jpg FB_IMG_1549299445108.jpg FB_IMG_1549299789720.jpg FB_IMG_1549299851780.jpg IMG_20190203_105351.jpg IMG_20190203_122812.jpg IMG_20190203_133600.jpg

Last edited:

SubeeBen

Rank V

Advocate I

Alpine, CA
First Name
Ben
Last Name
Jacques
Member #

Awesome looking trip. Congrats on getting the rack & tent figured out. Beautiful looking scenery. Definitely on the list.

Reactions: Cendee

Cendee

SE Member Representative
Launch Member
Supporter

Influencer III

West Haven, UT, USA
First Name
Cendee
Last Name
Bjerregaard
Member #

Awesome looking trip. Congrats on getting the rack & tent figured out. Beautiful looking scenery. Definitely on the list.
Moab is always a good time. Would love to explore more of Sand Hallow in Hurricane though.

Reactions: SubeeBen

SubeeBen

Rank V

Advocate I

Alpine, CA
First Name
Ben
Last Name
Jacques
Member #

Moab is always a good time. Would love to explore more of Sand Hallow in Hurricane though.
I will have to looks those up. Never been out that way but like I said definitely on my list. Thanks again.

JCWages

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Grass Valley, CA, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Wages
Member #

Those off camber sections can get your heart pumping when the RTT and aired down tires cause you to sway more than you're used to. :)

Ldstruckn

Rank VII
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Ivins, Utah, United States
First Name
joseph
Last Name
johnson
Member #

Service Branch
US ARMY
Just did my first moab trip in january after dreaming about it for 22 years. Only did fins and hells because of snowfall. Hells in the snow is stupid scary. I want to get my first rtt and head back soon. Will definately try to put together a gathering there and run the rim trails.

Even got my wife into it

Reactions: JCWages

flyingnome

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Boise, ID
Member #

Great photos. Used to go to Moab every year when I lived in Salt Lake. A little further from me now in Boise but I will be there later this summer or fall.

avgjoe624

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Fayetteville, NC, USA
Member #

awesome info, that's actually my only worry about getting a RTT, I tend to get in those off camber situations pretty often. Glad you had a great time, I cant wait to get out to MOAB and see how my jeep does there.

NateDCo

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Colorado Springs, CO, USA
First Name
Nathan
Last Name
Deveaux
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KF6MNN
Love Moab. Looks like you had an awesome time. I'll be going end of May before Memorial Day weekend. Can't wait to go.