Launch Member

Contributor II

Odessa, Texas, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Gordon
Member #

Good evening all. I am looking for information about Moab. We are going to be in the area mid-October. We will have our 32’ camper with us, therefore the FJ will be left at home. Are there any trails that I can take my 2019 F250 fx4 tow rig on. We would like to experience some of the Moab allure, but don’t really want to rent a Jeep while we are there. Any information would be greatly appreciated.
TIA

Reactions: Neal A. Tew

Neal A. Tew

US Rocky Mountain Local Expert
Mod Team

Member III

Pueblo West, CO
First Name
Neal
Last Name
Tew
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N1TEW
Good evening all. I am looking for information about Moab. We are going to be in the area mid-October. We will have our 32’ camper with us, therefore the FJ will be left at home. Are there any trails that I can take my 2019 F250 fx4 tow rig on. We would like to experience some of the Moab allure, but don’t really want to rent a Jeep while we are there. Any information would be greatly appreciated.
TIA
I'm saddened to see you haven't received any replies.

Some of the trails I've done in my stock Avalanche are Gemini bridges, long Canyon and hurrah pass.

What dates will you be there? Several of us are going this weekend.

Reactions: trd24m

samuraj

Rank III

Enthusiast III

chicago
First Name
adam
Last Name
adam
Member #

shafer trail !!
onion creek
la sal loop
gemini bridges
and explore , do not be afraid to turn here or there , at list you will have good weather , we have 108 everyday :blush: august 17.

SKv11000

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Salt Lake City, UT
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Winn
An F-250 might be a little sketchy on the Shafer Trail switchbacks. Just be prepared to do 3pt turns.

You could do a loop going up Gemini Bridges as @samuraj suggested and come down Long Canyon to the south near Dead Horse Point.

mtbidaho

Rank 0

Traveler I

Boise, iD
First Name
Andrew
Last Name
Shaber
My first post on this forum. I just bought an F150. We would have been in Moab a week after this thread is discussing but hit a deer on the way down. Airbags deployed totaling our Toyota Highlander. We really loved that car but now look forward to being okay to explore route like are listed on this thread.

Neal A. Tew

US Rocky Mountain Local Expert
Mod Team

Member III

Pueblo West, CO
First Name
Neal
Last Name
Tew
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N1TEW
My first post on this forum. I just bought an F150. We would have been in Moab a week after this thread is discussing but hit a deer on the way down. Airbags deployed totaling our Toyota Highlander. We really loved that car but now look forward to being okay to explore route like are listed on this thread.
Welcome!

Let me know if I can be of any assistance. I do my runs
in a nearly stock 2002 Chevrolet Avalanche.