Pathfinder III

Denver, CO, USA
First Name
Carlo
Last Name
Donzelli
Member #

Easy Run Group:
( @Neal A. Tew @Charles Drives Things @digitalhobbit ?)

Proposed Friday Run:
Willow Springs, Salt Valley, Tower Arch, Eye of the Whale, exit through Arches NP

Proposed Saturday Run:
Shafer, White Rim, Lathrop Canyon, back track to Potash Rd

These routes are largely in Arches and Canyonlands NP. This will require a park pass. Your best option at this late date for an annual pass is probably a visit to REI. I would call first. A combined SE UT pass is available here: Canyonlands National Park Site Pass in Utah - Recreation.gov

ALSO, the Saturday's run to Lathrop will traverse part of the famous White Rim Trail. This requires a day use permit. We need to be online at 8 AM Friday to acquire said pass because the numbers are limited. The option is WHITE RIM ROAD - VEHICLE
great job with the maps Neal thank you

Neal A. Tew

US Rocky Mountain Local Expert
Mod Team

Member III

Pueblo West, CO
First Name
Neal
Last Name
Tew
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N1TEW
Thanks, @trail_runn4r .

@Charles Drives Things @digitalhobbit

Try these if you have the latest version of OB1. Keep in mind it's going to revert to your present location immediately after showing the track. Shouldn't be a problem once you're in the area.

MOAB MADE ME DO IT 2021: Easy Friday Run

MOAB MADE ME DO IT 2021: Saturday Easy Run

digitalhobbit

Rank III

Enthusiast II

Boulder, CO, USA
First Name
Mirko
Last Name
Froehlich
Member #

Thanks, @trail_runn4r .

Try these if you have the latest version of OB1. Keep in mind it's going to revert to your present location immediately after showing the track. Shouldn't be a problem once you're in the area.

Thanks for the maps! Saved, and also imported into Gaia.

digitalhobbit

Rank III

Enthusiast II

Boulder, CO, USA
First Name
Mirko
Last Name
Froehlich
Member #

@digitalhobbit, I will probably already be there as well. We'll have to plan something to do Thursday morning.
Sounds good!

Are you planning to stay at the camping spot we're planning to use as the basecamp for the weekend?

Right now, I have a motel reservation in Moab from Wed to Fri. I figured it would be nice to freshen up and get a good warm shower in between 10 days off camping. ;) But I can also shift things around.

Neal A. Tew

Mod Team

Member III

Pueblo West, CO
First Name
Neal
Last Name
Tew
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N1TEW
Yes, I do plan to try to secure the camp site Tuesday afternoon.

I'd be happy to set you up with a hot shower at camp if you're interested.

Neal A. Tew

Mod Team

Member III

Pueblo West, CO
First Name
Neal
Last Name
Tew
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N1TEW
@Aeroscout

We might want to reconsider listing sliders and armor as requirements. I suspect that combined with early discussion of Metal Masher may have kept some stockers away.

Charles Drives Things

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

Highlands Ranch, CO, USA
First Name
Charles
Last Name
Townsend
Member #

Thanks, @trail_runn4r .

Thanks Neal!

Reactions: Neal A. Tew

Aeroscout

Rank VI
Launch Member

Trail Mechanic II

Denver, CO
First Name
Rod
Last Name
Kennard
Member #

Sounds good!

Are you planning to stay at the camping spot we're planning to use as the basecamp for the weekend?

Right now, I have a motel reservation in Moab from Wed to Fri. I figured it would be nice to freshen up and get a good warm shower in between 10 days off camping. ;) But I can also shift things around.
Just learned that Neal had a job related situation that came up and most likely won't be able to make it this week. That means that the first arrivals to camp will likely be those of us that get there on
Thursday afternoon. We will still have the easier trail runs as both Charles and Carlo are willing to lead them.

Last edited:

Aeroscout

Rank VI
Launch Member

Trail Mechanic II

Denver, CO
First Name
Rod
Last Name
Kennard
Member #

There is a pass required if you plan to run either Fins and Things or Hells Revenge with the group. It's available at the entrance gate to the Sand Flats Recreation area on our way in. They are $5/day or $10/week if you are staying longer. I recall they were only taking credit cards the last two times I visited.

Reactions: Iridium

digitalhobbit

Rank III

Enthusiast II

Boulder, CO, USA
First Name
Mirko
Last Name
Froehlich
Member #

Just learned that Neal had a job related situation that came up and most likely won't be able to make it this week. That means that the first arrivals to camp will likely be those of us that get there on
Thursday afternoon. We will still have the easier trail runs as both Charles and Carlo are willing to lead them.
Thanks for the update. Sorry to hear you can't make it, Neal. And thanks Charles and Carlo for volunteering to lead those trails instead.

Iridium

US Rocky Mtn. Local Expert CO: Ft. Collins Area

Influencer III

Fort Collins, CO, USA
First Name
Aleem
Last Name
Qureshi
Member #

I can come down today, but have to leave Sat night
Hey we would love to have you, 3 of us are currently in route to secure a camp site go ahead and head out and we will post coordinates once we have

Aeroscout

Rank VI
Launch Member

Trail Mechanic II

Denver, CO
First Name
Rod
Last Name
Kennard
Member #

Glad you all made it to camp!

I'll meet you in the morning. What time are we planning to head out?
Sorry I didn't see this until we got home. As you know, internet was so spotty. It was great meeting you Mirko and look forward to wheeling with you again. Next time, maybe something a bit tamer. If you IM me your email address, I'll send you an invite to the Google Photos page.

Reactions: digitalhobbit

digitalhobbit

Rank III

Enthusiast II

Boulder, CO, USA
First Name
Mirko
Last Name
Froehlich
Member #

Sorry I didn't see this until we got home. As you know, internet was so spotty. It was great meeting you Mirko and look forward to wheeling with you again. Next time, maybe something a bit tamer. If you IM me your email address, I'll send you an invite to the Google Photos page.
Great weekend, and awesome meeting you all. Will pm you my email. I have a bunch of photos and videos to add, too.