First Name
John
Last Name
Carter
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE0LRZ
Hells Revenge?
There are a number of other great trails out there too if you want more of a challenge.
I like a little bit of a challenge not one where I am guaranteed to bend my axle challenge.

What was that other trail you mentioned you would like to do, but not with your vehicle?

Neal A. Tew

US Rocky Mountain Local Expert
Mod Team

Member III

Pueblo West, CO
First Name
Neal
Last Name
Tew
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N1TEW

Neal A. Tew

Mod Team

Member III

Pueblo West, CO
First Name
Neal
Last Name
Tew
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N1TEW
Hells Revenge?
There are a number of other great trails out there too if you want more of a challenge.
I like a little bit of a challenge not one where I am guaranteed to bend my axle challenge.

What was that other trail you mentioned you would like to do, but not with your vehicle?
There are quite a few, but I think I mentioned Poison Spider Mesa. I haven't seen it in 18 years.

JCarter

Rank V
Investor

Member III

Firestone, Weld County, Colorado, United States
First Name
John
Last Name
Carter
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE0LRZ
Hells Revenge?
Metal Masher would be a good one to explore. :)

I would also like to make it to the bottom of Gemini Bridges to see if there is a plaque there that's talks about the guy that actually drove his jeep off the top.

There are quite a few, but I think I mentioned Poison Spider Mesa. I haven't seen it in 18 years.

Zappe

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

Dacono, CO, USA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Dean
Member #

Sounds fun but I’ll be on a pre planned camping trip in CO that weekend.

Neal A. Tew

Mod Team

Member III

Pueblo West, CO
First Name
Neal
Last Name
Tew
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N1TEW
I was about to sign up and offer to lead an easier run if @Aeroscout saw a need. However, the RSVP limit is already met.

Hopefully I can still sneak in and ride shotgun with someone.

digitalhobbit

Rank III

Enthusiast II

Boulder, CO, USA
First Name
Mirko
Last Name
Froehlich
Member #

I just signed up for this event. Coincidentally, I was already planning to drive to Moab that weekend. This will be my first OverlandBound trip, actually. Looking forward to meeting you all!

I'm getting my JLUR upgraded with a 2.5" lift and 35" wheels in the next weeks, just in time. Mostly been sticking with easy and moderate trails so far, but open to trying out some more challenging trails with a group.

Do you already have a camping location planned?

Neal A. Tew

Mod Team

Member III

Pueblo West, CO
First Name
Neal
Last Name
Tew
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N1TEW
I just signed up for this event. Coincidentally, I was already planning to drive to Moab that weekend. This will be my first OverlandBound trip, actually. Looking forward to meeting you all!

I'm getting my JLUR upgraded with a 2.5" lift and 35" wheels in the next weeks, just in time. Mostly been sticking with easy and moderate trails so far, but open to trying out some more challenging trails with a group.

It'll be great to have you!

Reactions: digitalhobbit

Aeroscout

Rank VI
Launch Member

Trail Mechanic II

Denver, CO
First Name
Rod
Last Name
Kennard
Member #

We haven't settled on all the details yet but expect to in the next week or two. We plan on base-camping so if you have a smallish trailer, feel free to bring it. There will be options for both experienced and less-experienced attendees led by various members of the group.

Looking forward to meeting you!

Reactions: digitalhobbit

digitalhobbit

Rank III

Enthusiast II

Boulder, CO, USA
First Name
Mirko
Last Name
Froehlich
Member #

Those of you heading to Moab from Colorado: I was thinking of driving the Rimrocker Trail on the way there, taking my time over 2 days (Wed 10/6 - Thu 10/7). Would anyone be interested in joining?

(Edit: fixed date)

Last edited:

Aeroscout

Rank VI
Launch Member

Trail Mechanic II

Denver, CO
First Name
Rod
Last Name
Kennard
Member #

Those of you heading to Moab from Colorado: I was thinking of driving the Rimrocker Trail on the way there, taking my time over 2 days (Wed 10/4 - Thu 10/5). Would anyone be interested in joining?
Dave mentioned he might want to tack Rimrocker on the front or back end of the trip.

Neal A. Tew

Mod Team

Member III

Pueblo West, CO
First Name
Neal
Last Name
Tew
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N1TEW