Launch Member

Advocate III

Twin Falls, ID, USA
First Name
James
Last Name
Bird
Member #

We are heading to moab and will be there on June 18 threw June 24. We are having a family reunion but i/we do want to get out on some trails. I have a slightly modified Tundra and there will be a stock Jeep ( unknown what model).
We are also bringing our 4wheelers.

If there is anyone that is going to be there or live there and would like to hit some trails and be our guide let me know.

One spot I do want to get to is EDGE OF THE WORLD I belive that's what it is called.

We are looking forward to exploring and hopefully meeting some fellow overlanders.

zgfiredude

Rank VI

Steward I

Silt, CO, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Nichols
Member #

Service Branch
Firefighter
It's called "Top of the World" and is a must see. Do some research, it will be a challenge for the Tundra, so perhaps use the ATVs to get up there. Prepare for WARM weather!

Reactions: J&V_Bird

zgfiredude

Rank VI

Steward I

Silt, CO, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Nichols
Member #

Service Branch
Firefighter
Look for some recent YouTube videos and guage for yourself.....it is a bit harder than it used to be.

Reactions: J&V_Bird

David C Gibbs

Rank VI

Member III

Boise, Idaho
First Name
David
Last Name
Gibbs
Member #

Hi James, be aware that if you're planning to visit Arches National Park, you'll need to purchase a "Timed Entry Pass" in advanced. We watched lots of people being turned away... The Potash Road up to the Shafer Trail is stunning Vista's and Switch -backs. You'll need a Pass to travel the White Rim trail in the Canyonlands N.P.
David

J&V_Bird

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

Twin Falls, ID, USA
First Name
James
Last Name
Bird
Member #

Hi James, be aware that if you're planning to visit Arches National Park, you'll need to purchase a "Timed Entry Pass" in advanced. We watched lots of people being turned away... The Potash Road up to the Shafer Trail is stunning Vista's and Switch -backs. You'll need a Pass to travel the White Rim trail in the Canyonlands N.P.
David
Ok thank for the heads up. I appreciate the heads up.

J&V_Bird

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

Twin Falls, ID, USA
First Name
James
Last Name
Bird
Member #

Look for some recent YouTube videos and guage for yourself.....it is a bit harder than it used to be.
I do appreciate the information and your concern. But I am not a novice and far from an expert but I know my limits both personal and my truck.

Please don't that this as me being rude because I am not meaning it that way but wasn't sure how else to say it.

I do truly appreciate your Information and I will take it Seriously