Launch Member

Advocate II

Okotoks, AB
First Name
Stephane
Last Name
Fortin
Member #

My daughter and I are in full planning for a 10 day trip to the Moab Desert next year. I asked my daughter what she wanted to do as a graduation trip, and unlike her older sister choosing Vegas, she chose MOAB! So, I have the MOAB East guide book and map. We will not be doing this alone as I have a buddy who did the trip this year with his daughter and he wants to go back. Having 2 vehicles is a good idea. Now, is time for gear check, new equipment purchases like a RTT and other overland gadgets and gear. If anyone is in the area and would like to meet up, we plan on being in Moab on March 26 to April 1, 2016.

VCeXpedition

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Torrance, L.A., Cal., Earth
First Name
Dan
Last Name
Rich
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6DHR
I'd recommend a trip up to Top Of The World trail. It'll take a half day or more, a lot of it on the road that parallels the river before you get to the bridge, but definitely worthwhile for the views and a good trail. Enjoy Moab, it's one of the best places in the world for people like us! If you're down for a pretty tough trail, you could add Rose Garden Hill. That time of year is good, but be prepared, it will rain on you.
Dan.

Reactions: XPdriven

Cappy410

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Advocate II

Okotoks, AB
First Name
Stephane
Last Name
Fortin
Member #

My Smittybilt Overlander RTT is ordered! 1 month away. Can't wait. Thinking of ordering the Smittybilt awning too. Maybe Santa will put it under the Christmas tree, or it's To: me From: me : )

TreXTerra

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Salt Lake City, Utah
Member #

What route will you be taking to get to Moab? I think I'm booked for trips next year and can't take any more time off, but if you are passing through Salt Lake City be sure to drop me a line. I can at least recommend some good places to eat or stock up on supplies, etc.

I wouldn't mind getting a cup of coffee or a beer either, if you have the time.

deeker

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Advocate II

SW Ontario, Canada
Member #

Sounds like an excellent time of getting away with your girl. Enjoy it - once they get busy with other stuff time becomes a valuable commodity. It's great that she chose such a scenic off-road destination, too.

Reactions: Cappy410

Cappy410

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Advocate II

Okotoks, AB
First Name
Stephane
Last Name
Fortin
Member #

What route will you be taking to get to Moab? I think I'm booked for trips next year and can't take any more time off, but if you are passing through Salt Lake City be sure to drop me a line. I can at least recommend some good places to eat or stock up on supplies, etc.

I wouldn't mind getting a cup of coffee or a beer either, if you have the time.
That sounds like a plan. We will probably go thru Salt Lake on our way back. Let's keep the channels open.

Keep on Jeepin' On!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: TreXTerra

XPdriven

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Palmdale, CA, USA
First Name
Joey
Last Name
Rich
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7LSI
This sounds like a fun trip! I'd definitely be interested if you're welcome to have some traveling companions.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Cappy410

Cappy410

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Advocate II

Okotoks, AB
First Name
Stephane
Last Name
Fortin
Member #

Okay, so, I installed the RTT and it went pretty easy. The only thing I have to complain about is the lack of instruction (actually there was no instructions) on how to put the cover on. Some of you are probably thinking, "huh? what could be so difficult about it?" After a few attempts and before tearing the cover, I finally cooled down and figured it out. There is a method to their madness but didn't share it. I will post a video on my youtube channel to demonstrate. Stay Tuned. Oh and cold weather didn't help either because it made the cover hard and stiff. Settle down gentlemen.:tonguewink:

Reactions: murps

Aturazo

Rank IV
Founder 500
Launch Member

Contributor I

Cape Coral ,Florida
Member #

My buddy and I going to Canyonlands and Moab area this June ,any suggestion on campsites on the white rim trail?
Thanks

VCeXpedition

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Torrance, L.A., Cal., Earth
First Name
Dan
Last Name
Rich
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6DHR
Here's a video my nephew put together, you may have seen them all, he mentions a few campgrounds.

Dang it, have fun, it's a good one.

Dan

Sent from the future using outdated technology. On Tapatalk.

Cappy410

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Advocate II

Okotoks, AB
First Name
Stephane
Last Name
Fortin
Member #

My buddy and I going to Canyonlands and Moab area this June ,any suggestion on campsites on the white rim trail?
Thanks
Things you need to know about the white rim trail. It takes 12 hours to do the 100 miles and camping is nearly impossible. You have to reserve camping on the white rim trail but if you want you can primitive camp either on the potash trail near the Canyonlands park boundary or at the other end off the mineral trail which is all BLM land and well marked trails for camping.