Mitsubishi Triton Camper

• HTML tutorial

Explorer I

Macedon Ranges, VIC, Australia
First Name
Chantal
Last Name
ChB
I just thought it might be nice to start a new post for a new vehicle.
We recently purchased a Mitsubishi MR Triton GLX 2.4L D 6A/T 4X4 CC CC, also known as the L200.
At the moment Australia is experiencing hefty delays in delivery of new cars, we are still working with a delivery date end of April 2022.

Before registration we have the following locked in:
  • Suspension & lift by Pedders, part of GVM upgrade
  • Custom built tray
More modifications will follow when we have the ute in possession.
Triton.jpg

Last edited:

Explorer I

First Name
Chantal
Last Name
ChB
Just purchased/ordered the following:
- Rockarmor GT Hoop Bull Bar (estimated delivery March/April)
- Brown Davis 138 Litre Replacement Long Range Fuel Tank (estimated delivery in 12 weeks)
- Brown Davis 2.4 litre Diesel Primary (PRE) Fuel Filter Kit
- GME UHF 5 Watt CB Radio

Last edited:

Explorer I

First Name
Chantal
Last Name
ChB
Solar panels, do we need them? And if so how many? These questions which have been on our mind lately.

In our current Triton, we just run a 40L Waeco fridge, some lights and charge our mobile via the dual battery set-up which could be connected to a foldable solar panel.
This panel has never been used in the last 6 years as we never had the need to top up our 120AH RITAR deep cycle battery (AGM).

With our new build touring set-up we expect to stay 1 or 2 nights max at the same place and yes we use slightly more electronics nowadays, but still our draw will be limited.
To minimise the weight we have decided not to get solar installed onto the roof of our canopy, but we will take the same solar panel into our camper just in case if we need it.

Electrical components:
- Enerdrive 125ah Lithium battery
- Enerdrive dc-dc dual battery system with digital display
- 12V Power kit consisting of; fuse box/distributor board, voltmeter, USB outlets, 12V cig plugs, fridge plug, isolate and anderson plug for solar
- Projecta, monocrystralline 12V 120 W foldable solar panel

Projecta 1.jpgProjecta 2.jpg

Reactions: MazeVX

Explorer I

First Name
Chantal
Last Name
ChB
Not much is happening here as we are still awaiting delivery of our car.
We did purchase a few extra items and have started to work out a rough itinerary for our 2023 trip.
The plan is to leave Melbourne in April 2023 and travel along the west coast and back to the centre of Australia.
Roughly 8 weeks to travel at least 12000km (~7500miles), we expect to travel max 20% on corrugated dirt tracks.

All the car parts will be installed once the car get is in (end of June '22). All we then have to do is wait for the slide on camper (end of Oct '22) to enjoy weekend trips camping.
We can't wait!!

TC.jpg
Schematic of the camper, we will be getting a S4X. The X is for an an easier entrance at the back, but the dimensions will stay similar.

Last edited:
Reactions: MazeVX

Explorer I

First Name
Chantal
Last Name
ChB
Last Saturday we finally received a phone call saying that our ute has arrived in the port of Melbourne.
They expect to have it at the car dealer by June 25, after which the GVM upgrade and the tray will need to be installed.
With a bit of luck we should be able to have the car before the end of the month.

Krazyjohnny

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Northwest Arkansas
First Name
John
Last Name
Ruff
Check out my 2017 F250 build. I did the Redarc BCDC 1240 to manage my charging of the 125 ah AGM battery. I monitor it with a Victron battery monitor with blue tooth. I am using a Blue Sea circuit breaker between the truck batteries and the BCDC 1240 and then another one between the charger and the house battery.

Reactions: ChristelandChantal

Explorer I

First Name
Chantal
Last Name
ChB
Love the triton. I got myself a MR back in march and not done much to it so far other than 12v and fridge slide.
Nice car! Really a fridge and 12V is sounds perfect to me, less money on the car is more $$ for diesel to enjoy it!
That is basically all we did to our previous Triton (MQ) which we now use as a commuter car (215.000km and counting). Worked well for almost 7 years of camping trips.

Now we wanting a bit more comfort (getting old) and with a car that is just used for camping we might do it well. Hopefully this one will last just as many km's.
We have a few minor mods to complete including window tint, but nothing is in a hurry.
Camper will go on the 21st of this month and a camping trip is scheduled for the next week. Can't wait!

Aj_white

Rank III

Pathfinder III

Christchurch, Canterbury, New Zealand
First Name
Aaron
Last Name
White
Love the triton. I got myself a MR back in march and not done much to it so far other than 12v and fridge slide.
Nice car! Really a fridge and 12V is sounds perfect to me, less money on the car is more $$ for diesel to enjoy it!
That is basically all we did to our previous Triton (MQ) which we now use as a commuter car (215.000km and counting). Worked well for almost 7 years of camping trips.

Now we wanting a bit more comfort (getting old) and with a car that is just used for camping we might do it well. Hopefully this one will last just as many km's.
We have a few minor mods to complete including window tint, but nothing is in a hurry.
Camper will go on the 21st of this month and a camping trip is scheduled for the next week. Can't wait!
Yeah that’s why we got the MR too for comfort. Have had Gen2 pajeros for the last 10 years so it’s a big jump

Attachments

Reactions: ChristelandChantal