Midwest Overlanders Exploring the Hoosier State [Pic Heavy]

• HTML tutorial

MidwestOverlanders

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Indianapolis, IN
Member #

I'll keep this an on going picture thread as I often get out and takes lots of pictures. A lot of photos will be from the HNF (Hoosier National Forest), but I'll try to leave a comment on different areas.

An old abandoned bridge just south of the Yellow Wood State Forest.

Checking out the flooded road ahead.

Trail leading back to an amazing camp spot on top of a ridge.

Another bridge, or whats left of one.

MidwestOverlanders

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Indianapolis, IN
Member #

I'm sure you can tell by now, that we do most of our "overlanding" by foot. We like to use the truck to get us to a destination, but then we prefer to hike it out and backpack as much as possible. Looking forward to doing some actual back country pack camping next year.

Reactions: ShawnR

MidwestOverlanders

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Indianapolis, IN
Member #

Some really really old pictures from the Badlands when I was still in school. This was an outing with PORC (Purdue Off Road Club).

Bad pics, but from a 2002 quality point & shoot.

This was my 1996 Ford Explorer Sport. I put a Ford Ranger body lift on it. Cranked the tbars, ran some Mesa AP 31" tires and ran the piss out of it.

Reactions: Luis Merlo

ShawnR

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Bettendorf, Iowa, USA
First Name
Shawn
Last Name
Reimers
Member #

Service Branch
Army
Great trip reports. One of these days will have to get to the Badlands. June though, we're all set for Redbird SRA.

MidwestOverlanders

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Indianapolis, IN
Member #

Got the Ambo out yesterday and did a bit of exploring at my in-laws property. They have 140 acres and I hadn't ever been back in it. I didn't get many pics because I was having too much fun driving around :)

Reactions: Steve