Rank IV

Enthusiast I

Marshalltown. Iowa
First Name
Quinten
Last Name
Guevara
Member #

I’m looking to get a meet up planned in the Midwest. I’m new to overlanding and would like to get my foot in the door. I’ve struggled to meet other people in the Midwest since Iowa has nothing to offer when it comes to off-roading or trails. This is just an idea and nothing is set in stone.

SJ.Overland

Rank VII

Trail Blazer I

Beavercreek, OH, USA
First Name
Shaun
Last Name
Johannes
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE8TDZ
Whereabouts were you thinking? I'm in Ohio but I don't mind traveling a bit for a long weekend. Just got back from doing the entire LP Coast of Michigan.

HoosierT

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Fishers, IN
First Name
Tyler
Last Name
Turner
Member #

I'm in Indiana and also fairly new to this. I would travel a good bit if you guys know of a good trail in between all of us.

Reactions: SJ.Overland

RKHNASCAR

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

DECATUR,ILLINOIS
First Name
RONALD
Last Name
HIXSON
Member #

Service Branch
U.S.Air Force
I'm in central Illinois would also be interested , limited only by 2018's Ford Escape capabilities, my Ford Expedition's awaiting new engine ! Will be Running CB/GMRS .

HoosierT

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Fishers, IN
First Name
Tyler
Last Name
Turner
Member #

I'm planning to do the Daniel Boone Backcountry Byway this winter. Maybe we could get a group together to tackle that?

DK4Runner

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Cincinnati, OH
First Name
Dan
Last Name
Kaiser
Member #

Definitely up for some more exploration. To echo other members here, DBBB is great. I've also wanted to check out Land Between the Lakes and know a few Instagram folks who would also be down for that adventure. I'd even be up for some Ozark National Forest exploration, as I've heard great things about that region too. Really, it doesn't matter. Dirt is dirt and with a couple of like-minded folks, we could all find something fun to do. ;)

Reactions: SJ.Overland

SJ.Overland

Rank VII

Trail Blazer I

Beavercreek, OH, USA
First Name
Shaun
Last Name
Johannes
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE8TDZ
Definitely up for some more exploration. To echo other members here, DBBB is great. I've also wanted to check out Land Between the Lakes and know a few Instagram folks who would also be down for that adventure. I'd even be up for some Ozark National Forest exploration, as I've heard great things about that region too. Really, it doesn't matter. Dirt is dirt and with a couple of like-minded folks, we could all find something fun to do. ;)
Ozzarks have been on my list too. Ah so many places so little time. And I second the sentiment of like minded folks!

Queco

Rank IV

Enthusiast I

Marshalltown. Iowa
First Name
Quinten
Last Name
Guevara
Member #

There is not much here in Iowa. I see some good spots in other states If multiple people wanted to get it going. Sorry the notifications on this app are slim so replying to post get put to the side.

Jeep15631

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Benton County, Iowa, United States
First Name
Shane
Last Name
Mell
Member #

There is not much here in Iowa. I see some good spots in other states If multiple people wanted to get it going. Sorry the notifications on this app are slim so replying to post get put to the side.
There’s a few of us in the Cedar Rapids area. We’ll need to have a local meetup. Your right, not much in iowa. Take a look at trans Wisconsin and Kentucky adventure. Like to get to UP and ozarks.

Queco

Rank IV

Enthusiast I

Marshalltown. Iowa
First Name
Quinten
Last Name
Guevara
Member #

A meet up would be great i live in Marshalltown so I’ve been invited to the Des Moines area for a meet up but they never align with my schedule. The UP would be fun and the TWAT trail is on my list as well.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jeep15631

Lost Viking

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Illinois, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Novack
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N0VLV
I'm in St Louis and we have been eyeing the land between the lakes or the Ozarks. Time off work is the trick.

SCT21

Rank II

Member I

Zeeland, MI
First Name
Patrick
Last Name
McKenney
Member #

Hi Guys,

A fellow Subaru driver and myself are planning to head down to Land Between the Lakes from Michigan, we're planning on getting down there early afternoon on Thursdy Jan 21st and leaving to head back to Michigan on Sunday morning Jan 24th. We'd welcome some others who wanted to meet up. Neither of us have ever been, so we're doing some research now and trying to figure out some highlights etc. So if anyone has something to share that'd be great as well. If anyone is interested in meeting up let me know.

Reactions: SamZ71

SamZ71

Rank I

Member I

Benton Harbor, MI, USA
First Name
Sam
Last Name
Gruver
Member #

Hi Guys,

A fellow Subaru driver and myself are planning to head down to Land Between the Lakes from Michigan, we're planning on getting down there early afternoon on Thursdy Jan 21st and leaving to head back to Michigan on Sunday morning Jan 24th. We'd welcome some others who wanted to meet up. Neither of us have ever been, so we're doing some research now and trying to figure out some highlights etc. So if anyone has something to share that'd be great as well. If anyone is interested in meeting up let me know.
Probably won’t be able to join you but would be down to meet up with some overlanders from Michigan.