Midland's entry into ham radio

• HTML tutorial
D

Deleted member 21788

How does it compare to similar entries like Kenwood, Icom, Yaesu mobiles? I like how compact it is.

Reactions: Drifterman

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Looks like it's up to $149.99 now ($119.99 with 20% promo code) so really not a great deal anymore, not bad but not nearly as great as it was.

Desert Runner

Rank VII
Launch Member

Expedition Master III

Southern Nevada
First Name
Jerold
Last Name
F.
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
/GMRS=WREA307
Not sure.. I have a feeling they'll post it back with double the price.
Prerunner 1982
Looks like it's up to $149.99 now ($119.99 with 20% promo code) so really not a great deal anymore, not bad but not nearly as great as it was.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

At $120 range it is at least competitive with the others. Will hope for a Holiday sale, as I'm still studying, so no immediate need yet.

1568615403940.png
Not double, but now at $149. Sign up to their web site, receive a additional 10% off. Midland should be more conscious of their price offerings, as the same ANY TONE AT-778UV, and the RETEVIS RT-95 are almost identical. I read the Retevis has a programing addition (DTMF ?), that the Any-Tone doesn't.

As was mentioned, their small footprint makes it very easy to find a placement spot in the truck. If it is simple communications, without complexity, for your needs, I see no reason to dismiss these units. This is especially true to new HAMS just getting started.1568615428679.pngI am looking most likely a mounting on the side of my trucks console, or between the seat/console area, away from direct sun (Las Vegas-desert heat)

I have room for 2 micro units. Replace a MURS 2 channel on the passenger side foot well, with 1 of the 3 radios I mentioned above, and put maybe a Midland MTX275 GMRS unit sandwiched between the seat and center console. ..... Still deciding :grinning:

EDIT:
Just checked the Midland web site and, YES, the
'overlandusa' discount code' is still working....applied= $119.99
I tried it on the GMRS MTX275 and the DBR2500 HAM. The discount worked with either. Free ground shipping.

Last edited: