SOLD Middleton, ID - Smittybilt Scout Trailer lightly used for sale - $8,500 OBO - PRICE REDUCED

• HTML tutorial

KSmall

Rank I

Contributor III

Middleton, ID, USA
First Name
Keenan
Last Name
Small
SmittyBilt Scout Trailer For Sale - PRICE REDUCED $8,500 OBO

We have only used this trailer offroad twice, and are selling it because our family is growing and we are going to upgrade to a full size truck setup. This trailer has been built out with tons of add ons that do not come stock, which I will list below along with prices. These trailers sell for $8,200 - $8,800 brand new and you have to build the entire thing on your own including mounting the tires.

List of upgrades:
- Spare tire swing out, custom fabricated: $800~
- 2 Gal Rotopax Water Can: $59
- 2 Gal Rotopax Gas Can: $89
- Rotopax Standard Mount x 2: $80 ($39 ea)
- Ark Off-Road Articulating Ball Hitch: $329
- 100ah AGM Battery: $150~
- Noco Genius Gen5 X2 (for shore charging): $139
- Krieger 1100W Inverter: $100
- 36" x 16" x 18" (L x W x H) Tongue Box: $200~
- Camplux 5L 1.32 GPM Water Heater with pump: $219
- Roam Adventure Vagabond RTT w/Annex: $2,199

Total Upgrades Cost: $4,357.00

Total Trailer + Upgrades Cost: $12,800~ (depending on cost of trailer)

This is a rough draft of costs you would incur if you were to go buy all of this stuff brand new, not including taxes or any labor fee’s if you paid somebody to install the upgrades and build the trailer, or the hours you would put in yourself doing it all DIY. Other things to know about the trailer:

Additional info/additions/upgrades:
- 12v plug inside main storage box for fridge plug in
- Installed sliding drawer rack on the kitchenette side of the trailer for storing kitchenware (see photos)
- Rock lights 360 degrees under trailer
- 2x white light pods on side of trailer for camp light
- 2x chase lights for dust or low visibility
- Switch panel for controlling lights and fridge
- BF Goodrich 33” tires with Pro Comp wheels

Overall I believe our asking price is fair considering all of the additions that are installed on the trailer, but I am OPEN TO REASONABLE OFFERS. None of the kitchenware is included, none of the items in the second tongue box are included, and none of the items in the back of the trailer are included. Any questions feel free to ask.

Attachments

Last edited:

KSmall

Rank I

Contributor III

Middleton, ID, USA
First Name
Keenan
Last Name
Small
Are you just using the Rotopax for water? I’m looking for my first adventure trailer. Soooo many options out there!
The 2 gallon rotopax is for drinking/cooking water, I also carry a 5 gallon jerry can in the trailer on the side that the hot water heater is mounted for doing dishes or showers. As we haven't done any extended trips off grid trips I haven't needed any more than that. The diesel heater is not included, but if you're doing any cold weather camping I highly recommend getting one it's been a game changer for us.

Reactions: Mark_3439be

Mark_3439be

Rank I

Contributor III

First Name
Mark
Last Name
Noland
SmittyBilt Scout Trailer For Sale - PRICE REDUCED $9,000 OBO

We have only used this trailer offroad twice, and are selling it because our family is growing and we are going to upgrade to a full size truck setup. This trailer has been built out with tons of add ons that do not come stock, which I will list below along with prices. These trailers sell for $8,200 - $8,800 brand new and you have to build the entire thing on your own including mounting the tires.

List of upgrades:
- Spare tire swing out, custom fabricated: $800~
- 2 Gal Rotopax Water Can: $59
- 2 Gal Rotopax Gas Can: $89
- Rotopax Standard Mount x 2: $80 ($39 ea)
- Ark Off-Road Articulating Ball Hitch: $329
- 100ah AGM Battery: $150~
- Noco Genius Gen5 X2 (for shore charging): $139
- Krieger 1100W Inverter: $100
- 36" x 16" x 18" (L x W x H) Tongue Box: $200~
- Camplux 5L 1.32 GPM Water Heater with pump: $219
- Roam Adventure Vagabond RTT w/Annex: $2,199

Total Upgrades Cost: $4,357.00

Total Trailer + Upgrades Cost: $12,800~ (depending on cost of trailer)

This is a rough draft of costs you would incur if you were to go buy all of this stuff brand new, not including taxes or any labor fee’s if you paid somebody to install the upgrades and build the trailer, or the hours you would put in yourself doing it all DIY. Other things to know about the trailer:

Additional info/additions/upgrades:
- 12v plug inside main storage box for fridge plug in
- Installed sliding drawer rack on the kitchenette side of the trailer for storing kitchenware (see photos)
- Rock lights 360 degrees under trailer
- 2x white light pods on side of trailer for camp light
- 2x chase lights for dust or low visibility
- Switch panel for controlling lights and fridge
- BF Goodrich 33” tires with Pro Comp wheels

Overall I believe our asking price is fair considering all of the additions that are installed on the trailer, but I am OPEN TO REASONABLE OFFERS. None of the kitchenware is included, none of the items in the second tongue box are included, and none of the items in the back of the trailer are included. Any questions feel free to ask.
Would you be interested in a Harley?