Rank VI

Member III

Hunt county, TX, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Davis
Member #

Im looking at getting a set of 285 70 17 mtz p3 next month, i have toyo open county at2 on now and they suck in the rain they are the only tire thats had me fear for my life. If i remember correct dick cepeks and micky thompsons are made by the same manufacturer and use the same rubber compound. Mickeys were always good to me on the dragstrip but it will be my first time with their off road offerings

Jpat14

Rank 0

Traveler I

Virginia Beach, VA, USA
Member #

I’ve heard that Cooper’s and mickeys are the same too. But i was always around them on the drag strip too and know they make a quality product. I’ve had them on my truck 2 weeks now. And they are awesome. But haven’t been off road or in the rain yet

Boostpowered

Rank VI

Member III

Hunt county, TX, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Davis
Member #

The toyos make my truck feel like a drift car turning in wet intersections, i have to be sure to use the outside turning lane when its raining because they slide my truck nearly to the opposite curb just rolling through the intersection. They do fine going straight and they dont hydroplane on interstate just turning at wet intersections gets really scary. They are also horrible in wet grass so id imagine they would be downright dangerous in snow or ice. Whats really bad is these toyos are 2 weeks old and there is no way im going to resale these on craigslist and put someone else in danger so they are probably going to end up as vegetable planters.

Reactions: GroundedLP

Jpat14

Rank 0

Traveler I

Virginia Beach, VA, USA
Member #

Wow. That’s bad! How worn out are they? I had some falkens on an old diesel truck that did that but i always figured it’s because the truck weighed 9,000 lbs and all the weight was up front

Boostpowered

Rank VI

Member III

Hunt county, TX, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Davis
Member #

Not worn out at all 2 weeks old, they just have a really hard compound rubber that will not stick to anything. Im not heavy on the pedal and dont stick it into turns so there is really no reason for it. Its my fault for getting them they were cheap on sale for $75 a tire i kind of knew toyo wasnt a good choice when i bought em, i threw the toyo 275 70 17's on after i did my lift just to not look funny running stock 265 70 17's but i know im going to end up getting 33's next month anyway. Just got to deal with it til i get my micky 285 70 baja mtz p3's

GroundedLP

Rank III
Launch Member

Member III

North Carolina, USA
First Name
Jon
Last Name
Gwisdalla
Member #

The toyos make my truck feel like a drift car turning in wet intersections, i have to be sure to use the outside turning lane when its raining because they slide my truck nearly to the opposite curb just rolling through the intersection. They do fine going straight and they dont hydroplane on interstate just turning at wet intersections gets really scary. They are also horrible in wet grass so id imagine they would be downright dangerous in snow or ice. Whats really bad is these toyos are 2 weeks old and there is no way im going to resale these on craigslist and put someone else in danger so they are probably going to end up as vegetable planters.
Yup, my toyos are complete garbage. I’m going back to Mickey Thompson’s. I live in NC now. And it rains a lot I have them installed on my Excursion they have zero grip, my wife won’t even drive the if there’s a chance of rain.

Reactions: Jpat14