Cancelled Metaline Falls, Rail Bikes, Cave exploring, and the Dam tour!

• HTML tutorial

Mike Dubya

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder II

Coeur d'Alene, Idaho, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Dubya
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7FTN
Update 6/6/20 EVENT CANCELLED The Rail Riders cancelled and refunded all reservations, the Dam tour and Gardner Cave are not open to the public, and the Cutter Theater cancelled as well. We'll try again another time. Sorry.

UPDATE 6/2/2020 Metaline Falls is part of Pend Oreille County, Washington which is part of phase 2 re-opening which allows for camping as of June 1st! I have confirmation that Forebay Recreation area is now open. I have not been able to confirm Gardner cave is open, but they have operating hours on the web now. Rail riders has not cancelled any reservations, but are currently not accepting new reservations at this time. Keep fingers crossed!

We are planning on making an early summer kid friendly trip to beautiful Metaline Falls area in northeastern Washington State. We plan on leaving Coeur d’Alene June 26th and staying at Forebay Recreation Area. In the morning we will be riding a peddle rail car from the Lyons Club (apparently takes an hour). Then we will tour Gardner Cave in Crawford State Park. Then we plan on taking a tour of Boundary Dam. Remaining time will be spent on beachfront and in the water at Forebay Recreation area. Individuals may leave at any time, and we plan on leaving on Sunday, June 28th
UPDATED! On Saturday June 27th at 7:00pm we will be treated with a movie at the historic Cutter Theatre in Metaline Falls! They are accepting $5 donations per person and will have concessions available of popcorn, soda, and candy. This is a rare opportunity to watch a movie with your overland friends in a historic structure! The movie is our choice, though a strong suggestion is Steven Spielburg's GOONIES! If you have any recommendations, let us know!

Last edited:
Reactions: Sreese210

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
I was unable to send it out to the area members, Sandpoint Steve stated it worked for him. Is there a way to go back in and send out an area invite?
You have to go to the map to send out messages... if that doesn’t work, then member reps and myself will have to.

Reactions: Mike Dubya

Buzzard13

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Mesquite, NV, USA
First Name
Austin
Last Name
Tressel
Member #

Goonies Never Say Die!

I am so ready for all of this. Besides the movie cost what will be the other expenses?
Looking forward to a speedy resolve to Current World Events.

Mike Dubya

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder II

Coeur d'Alene, Idaho, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Dubya
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7FTN
Goonies Never Say Die!

I am so ready for all of this. Besides the movie cost what will be the other expenses?
Looking forward to a speedy resolve to Current World Events.

Great question! Be sure to look at the links in the notes section, you will need to individually reserve for the rail bikes (They book quickly! $24 adults, $12 children), the Dam tour is FREE, the Cutter movie showing is $5, concessions at your own expense, the campground is FREE (first come-first served- if someone can go early and hold spots it would be good!), You will need a Washington Parks Discover Pass, $10 for 1 day, $30 for the year (Discover Pass | Washington State Parks and Recreation Commission) for Crawford state park where Gardner cave is. Unfortunately with the Washington State shutdown, I cannot confirm if there are any additional fees for the Cave Tour. As soon as things open up, I'll let you know!

Be sure and RSVP on the Rally Point! Looking forward to it!

Reactions: Buzzard13