Memorial Day Weekend in Southeast?

• HTML tutorial

fan of fanboys

Rank III

Influencer II

Anyone going out in the southeast for Memorial Day weekend? I am new to overlanding and would love to spend a few days out (NC, SC, GA area) with someone who has some experience.

Or, maybe recommendations of a place for a novice to go by themselves for a few days?

36degreesNorth

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Knoxville, TN, USA
First Name
Drew
Last Name
Sabens
Sadly I think I will be swimming in boxes that weekend getting ready to move but a good place to start in SC is Francis Marion Forests there are a few primitive free camp sites and endless dirt roads to explore.

Reactions: fan of fanboys

fan of fanboys

Rank III

Influencer II

So I decided to head to Gulches
Since off-road is new to me, and I want to build to week plus long trips, I figured starting in spot like that would be good.
Learn my truck a little. Pick up tips from people around me. And have safety net of folks for if I get stuck/something breaks

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

36degreesNorth

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Knoxville, TN, USA
First Name
Drew
Last Name
Sabens
Nice rig. My first advice is to pull the grill guard off they tend to multiply damage vs prevent it on the trails. Once i get moved into my new house I'd love to get together for some exploration and wheeling.

Reactions: fan of fanboys

fan of fanboys

Rank III

Influencer II

Nice rig. My first advice is to pull the grill guard off they tend to multiply damage vs prevent it on the trails. Once i get moved into my new house I'd love to get together for some exploration and wheeling.
Ha you're the second person on here to tell me to remove. I'll take off this weekend.

Definitely, just let me know and will head up. I'm here to learn

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk