Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
So myself and another Sierra Foothills Meet up member are at the local brewery (our club house) watching Celtic dancers with our wives, my buddy spots a gentleman with an Overland Bound hat on. Bingo another possible member for our group I thought! So we make contact and find out the person in question is from the Oakland Hills and Michal and Corrie used to be his neighbor and that he has property in El Dorado County. So to make a long story short it was very noisy and I am getting over a cold that I got on the Mojave Road trip so I couldn't hear his name or his OB # but it was fun to randomly meet someone with similar interest. And as he drove off in his LR4 I also thought I should have gotten a picture with our Jeeps on each side of it just for fun. And as the saying goes "It Doesn't Mater What You Drive" but it sure was a nice looking rig even though it wasn't a Jeep.
@Michael @Corrie

IMG_3707.JPG

Last edited:

utspoolup

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Member III

Murray Utah
Member #

It was sprinkling and I just barely noticed it and threw out a wave, but I swear this was a OLB badge.... Murray Utah, nice Taco. The only rig I know like that around here is Joey D, but last time I seen the rig, it was not sporting an ARB bumper. Wondering if anyone can confirm... If so, I live just down the street from where you were at. Feel free to say whats up and grab a bite. Nice looking rig.

Reactions: 9Mike2

SGT.

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

COACHELLA VALLEY, CALIF.
Member #

Ok who did I talk to in the white jeep JK unlimited from NorCal at the corner of 50th and Jefferson in Indio going to Coachella Weekend 1. It was good talking to you , enjoy the weekend and camping

FYI that was a great looking jeep.

Last edited:

coffeeshark

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Bay Area, CA, USA
First Name
dawn
Last Name
mcclure
Spotted a rig heading to Concord today--green? 4Runner with a Trasharoo on the back and a CB setup, and some kind of wires held down on the side. I'm not sure if they're OB, but unfortunately when I flashed them to say hi, my CB wasn't turned on and it took me forever to get it. Sorry if you answered!

Kris Luna

Rank II
Launch Member

Member II

South Pasadena,California
Member #

270F7D9A-7C5A-4CC7-9A66-80D01256F4EA.jpeg Ran into Steve at OSH today( his rig) it was nice meeting him I was waving at them and his wife asked if he knew me and he said no so I walked up and said hi fellow OB memeber and he laughed and we chatted about rigs and maybe an up coming trip with our families
Now to find him on OB via badge number anyone know how to do this thanks

ScorpioVI

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

San Jose, CA
Member #

Ran into Steve at OSH today( his rig) it was nice meeting him I was waving at them and his wife asked if he knew me and he said no so I walked up and said hi fellow OB memeber and he laughed and we chatted about rigs and maybe an up coming trip with our families
Now to find him on OB via badge number anyone know how to do this thanks
Right side of the forum there's s "Search Member by OB #" box.

In other news....

Ran into @Bear and Squirrel #OB3217 outside Sheldon's Hobbies the other day. Nice rig dude!

IMG_2513.jpg

IMG_2514.jpg

Caddis

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Kingsburg, CA
First Name
Todd
Last Name
Regier
Member #

I had a yellow Jeep pass me on Hwy 99 today going North bound. I didn't get a picture. Anyways...Hey!

Cuse Runner

Rank III
Launch Member

Traveler III

Denver, CO
Member #

I didn’t take pictures, yeah I’m lame, it was hot!
There were a lot of OB members at the Toytec Customer Appreciation Event today in Denver! It was a great day and saw a lot of cool rigs and talked some cool people. Also, picked up some maxtrax! Hope to see more members out this some on our travels!

❤️Lovey❤️

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

California
Member #

FE3EED8D-D0C0-4C87-92C9-23586FAB067D.jpeg
We need a place to post our random member spottings... here it is:

While traveling from New Mexico to Tennessee I was keeping a sharp eye out for any overland rigs to wave at... to my disappointment I didn't have much luck until I pulled into a random gas station near the TN/AL state line.
With the plea for "potty... Potty... POTTY!" from the back seat, I had the pedal down for the next available bathroom to avoid another wet car seat incident. As I pulled into an empty parking spot I noticed a roof rack on top of a clean Tundra in the slot next to us. As we began to jettison the toddler, I took a second look and there it was; an OB badge slapped on the side of that bad boy!

Turns out, the rig belonged to member 0331 @Fieldnstreamer . Naturally we spent some time talking rigs, overlanding trips, and Overland Bound before rolling north to finish our trek back home for Christmas.

What are the odds?! Has anyone else had one of these chance encounters? Post 'em up! (Pics or it didn't happen ;) )

While Caving ran into a fellow Caver doing Geological work heading out in the field..not sure how to get The badge/trophy on this one!!! ???

Clay Custer

Rank I
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Silverton, Colorado
First Name
Clay
Last Name
Custer
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE0VZA
I saw two drive by in Silverton, CO yesterday, unfortunately I could not get away to go speak to them. I work at the Old Arcade on Blair Street, if anyone passes through town please stop in and say hi. Im usually there Monday through Friday.

Clay Custer

Rank I
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Silverton, Colorado
First Name
Clay
Last Name
Custer
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE0VZA
I work at the Old Arcade in Silverton Colorado and met a member in the store today. Im not sure about online etiquette so I wont mention number or name but it was a pleasure meeting them and I hope they have a great night up at Clear Lake tonight.