Resolved Member Tiers

• HTML tutorial
E

expeditionnorth

I've had a number for what 2 years & I have never seen any private forum access granted

humbly speaking the other part of me thinks that a private forum excludes others and to me that is not what an online community should be doing

I thought we were all equal , it doesnt matter what we drive and so forth

sadly there seems a conflict of congruence here

to divide based upon ones monetary contribution is wrong and I want no part of it

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

Livermore, California, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
I've had a number for what 2 years & I have never seen any private forum access granted

humbly speaking the other part of me thinks that a private forum excludes others and to me that is not what an online community should be doing

I thought we were all equal , it doesnt matter what we drive and so forth

sadly there seems a conflict of congruence here

to divide based upon ones monetary contribution is wrong and I want no part of it
Hey there!

We appreciate you very much my friend, yes, you have been a member since April 15th, 2015 and you are a Founding Member. Thank you! You helped start Overland Bound!

You should have access to the member forums here: Member Forums

If you click that link, and you enter a forum, you have access! Non-members do not have access. As a Member, you also get access to:
  1. Member Forums
  2. Member Map
  3. Member Event Calendar
In part, this is a privacy issue. For example, Members put themselves on the member map, and may not want the general public to know where they are, but are fine sharing that information with other Members. Also, it's a content issue. Member related content is not always useful or relevant to the general public. Much of it is very specific to Members, and a focused area of the forums for Members Only keeps the content streamlined.

Now, this has nothing to do with, "It doesn't matter what you drive". It's not related. We do not only provide access to Land Rover owners for example. It does not matter what you drive. The information in the articles we produce, the YouTube videos, the access to locations in these forums, and all the resources provided by Overland Bound to accomplish our mission to make overlanding accessible to everyone is not hindered by Member tiers at all. We do not monetize access to information.

To be very clear, these forums would not be here, ad free, for everyone were it not for the financial support of our Members, Supporters, and Benefactors. Overland Bound would not exist. We will not make any apologies about providing additional benefits to people who have decided to spend their hard-earned cash to support us as you have. We are grateful, and because of you, we exist.

You can expect Overland Bound to get bigger, and to provide additional benefits to our Members and supporters in the future. We are dependent on this support not only for existence, but to continue to scale Overland Bound to support our growing community. You mentioned this is not what an online community should be doing, but Overland Bound is one of the only Ad-Free forums in the overland world.

I hope you can consider, financial support is essential to exist.

Sincerely and with appreciation,

Michael

Last edited:

Scott

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Bates City, MO, USA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Heiser
Member #

That was a very well worded reply @Michael . I for one am happy to support a forum that does not have any ads. I really like that aspect of it. Thank you for that.

Reactions: Michael
E

expeditionnorth

Hey there!

We appreciate you very much my friend, yes, you have been a member since April 15th, 2015 and you are a Founding Member. Thank you! You helped start Overland Bound!

You should have access to the member forums here: Member Forums

If you click that link, and you enter a forum, you have access! Non-members do not have access. As a Member, you also get access to:
  1. Member Forums
  2. Member Map
  3. Member Event Calendar
In part, this is a privacy issue. For example, Members put themselves on the member map, and may not want the general public to know where they are, but are fine sharing that information with other Members. Also, it's a content issue. Member related content is not always useful or relevant to the general public. Much of it is very specific to Members, and a focused area of the forums for Members Only keeps the content streamlined.

Now, this has nothing to do with, "It doesn't matter what you drive". It's not related. We do not only provide access to Land Rover owners for example. It does not matter what you drive. The information in the articles we produce, the YouTube videos, the access to locations in these forums, and all the resources provided by Overland Bound to accomplish our mission to make overlanding accessible to everyone is not hindered by Member tiers at all. We do not monetize access to information.

To be very clear, these forums would not be here, ad free, for everyone were it not for the financial support of our Members, Supporters, and Benefactors. Overland Bound would not exist. We will not make any apologies about providing additional benefits to people who have decided to spend their hard-earned cash to support us as you have. We are grateful, and because of you, we exist.

You can expect Overland Bound to get bigger, and to provide additional benefits to our Members and supporters in the future. We are dependent on this support not only for existence, but to continue to scale Overland Bound to support our growing community. You mentioned this is not what an online community should be doing, but Overland Bound is one of the only Ad-Free forums in the overland world.

I hope you can consider, financial support is essential to exist.

Sincerely and with appreciation,

Michael
Sir, thanks

I know it has nothing to do with what one drives, I was trying to use that as an example of equality

I humbly disagree and reserve that right

If I was worried about privacy I would never post anything on the internet

sadly I feel my time here has to be re-evaluated

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

Livermore, California, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
Sir, thanks

I know it has nothing to do with what one drives, I was trying to use that as an example of equality

I humbly disagree and reserve that right

If I was worried about privacy I would never post anything on the internet

sadly I feel my time here has to be re-evaluated
That is your choice of course.

Regards,

Michael

Last edited: