Enthusiast III

Scranton SC
First Name
Casey
Last Name
Broach
Member #

My 95' 4runner.

I had a 91 4runner same body style and it would have been an amazing rig if the person that had it before me had not ruined it. It was finally and sadly finished off by a blown tire on a semi that was in front of me.

Casey.Broach

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Scranton SC
First Name
Casey
Last Name
Broach
Member #

I'm thankful I found this site. This place is ideal for gaining knowledge and how to continue building my XTerra and hopefully seeing some of you on trails. Great vehicles here!

Here's my 2004 XTerra Overlander build. Feedback, advice, you're-doing-it-wrong tips, are all welcome.

Nice Rig I always like the Xterra

Casey.Broach

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Scranton SC
First Name
Casey
Last Name
Broach
Member #

I sold the Tahoe yesterday.But at least I sold it to a friend of mine so I'll still get to see it. New project is a 2001 K2500 Suburban with a 8.1 Liter 496 ci. Already is lifted slightly on 35" Toyo Open Country M/Ts. Should be able to start building bumpers and sliders for it next week sometime.
MMMMM I am drooling!!!!!

Reactions: Jasonb

Casey.Broach

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Scranton SC
First Name
Casey
Last Name
Broach
Member #

Name is Mike, from Dubuque, Iowa on the Mississippi river.... So, I think this group that is forming on this site seems to be very like minded and wants to do similar trips as we see Michael and his wife and son doing. I love that it is inclusive of various makes and models. I for one love the Toyotas and Jeeps and everything else. I happen to also have a Land Rover LR4. When my vehicle grows up it wants to be like David/Finpup's rig. ha! I ordered my OB badge, its own its way!

I see the off the grid rally type trip, and I am planning to have some free time next year to possibly join a trip like that. I'd like to complete some more simple trips and add a few more things to my rig (not needed, but I want to) before I join a group for a more serious overland trip. I want to meet some of you in person on a trip and not just online!

So far, 2013 LR4 (V8), HSE Lux, Voyager rack/ladder/sliders. OE cargo barrier (great for safety and keeping gear tied down). Vlair air source. Traxide dual batt system going in soon. Compomotive PD1880 with Silent Armor Goodyears, 265/65R18. (EO)2 mount system for pelican cases. We use a Kodiak 10x10 canvas tent.

The rig.

12,000 feet, cold as heck and raining.

Loading up the rig.
So Neat and organized! I hope that once I get my rig done I can be this organized lol.

Reactions: 1derer

Tyler Dimes

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Wilson, North Carolina
Member #

Hey guys, new member here. Here's my rig. She's still a work in progress, but she'll be there one day. Right now she's sporting 37 inch Toyo M/T's, lockers front and rear, High lift jack, and Smittybilt XRC front bumper with a Quadratec 8,000 lb winch. As far as equipment on the inside goes, I have a full toolkit I've assembled over the years and several hookless recovery straps. First aid, fire extinguishers, really all of the necessary safety equipment. I'll be sure to document any changes I make, and I highly value ya'll's opinion on anything you recommend. IMG_5237.jpg

1derer

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Carlsbad, CA, USA
First Name
user
Last Name
name
Member #

I love this.. Can't wait to see what you do to achieve the finished product.. Not too much needed, it looks..
Not too much! Front winch bumper, some electronics, Roof rack, side ladder, lights, manifold gasket and good to go! Also considering welding in a rear subframe to haul motorcycle.

Reactions: Scout