Launch Member

Traveler III

Ardrossan, AB, Canada
First Name
Jas
Last Name
Spr
Member #

Well, it finally happened that I had to bid goodbye to my much beloved CR-V (details in the built thread "1999 Honda CR-V 'Ganbaru'"). It doesn't matter what you drive, though, and adventure is necessary, so here's the new ride:
Dakota.jpg
2006 Dodge Dakota 4wd. 4.7L V8 engine, IFS with a solid rear axle, 5.5ft bed. Even came with a cheapo roll up tonneau cover. First thing is I plan to put a new set of tires on it in a slightly bigger size, probably 265/75r16, as I don't have the money right now to be going bigger and adding a lift kit, etc.

My family has a long tradition with Mopar stuff going all the way back to my parents much beloved 1985 New Yorker, and including my also very much beloved 2006 Dodge Charger, so it's kinda neat to have another Dodge in the driveway.

Update: How "Rumble" looks now after a few mods and some rust remediation:
IMG_20220901_181351378_HDR.jpg

Last edited:

PNW EXPLR

Local Expert Southeast Washington, USA
Investor

Explorer I

Kennewick, WA, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Denniston
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7LYZ
New to the site, well trolling for a few weeks but decided to get onboard.
Do allot of boating and paddling and just recently got a "over landing" rig for the first time in several years. Got a low mile '01 jeep XJ ripe for some lift and outfitting. Love the land cruiser rig so well represented on this site but would love hear what others are working and playing with....
You really can’t go wrong with a Jeep……as long as it’s a tow hook model (some will get this). As far as the XJ is concerned, plenty of aftermarket support out there. And parts are readily available. Just keep clean oil in it. The 4.0 has had some low oil pressure issues so good clean oil helps.

I have been running a Ram 2500 for over 5 years now. Had a house full of kids so needed to make one truck do everything. Not the case anymore, so I am currently building my forever rig, a 65 International Travelall Delivery.

[DO]Ron

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Geertruidenberg, the Netherlands
Member #

We traded in our 2007 Land Cruiser 120 series to a 2021 Rav4 AWD Hybrid. It being a daily for work as well and the huge taxes on diesel and fuel prices going nuts for the past year or 2 it just didn't make sense to keep driving a very expensive rig. Then again, pretty stoked on the Rav4, it drives really nicely.

IMG_1998.JPG

IMG_1988.JPG

Lief_WJ

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Independence, MO, USA
First Name
Lief
Last Name
Humphreys
Service Branch
US Navy
New to the site, well trolling for a few weeks but decided to get onboard.
Do allot of boating and paddling and just recently got a "over landing" rig for the first time in several years. Got a low mile '01 jeep XJ ripe for some lift and outfitting. Love the land cruiser rig so well represented on this site but would love hear what others are working and playing with....
Hello. I'm Lief and I have a lifted Jeep WJ. Welcome...

SwampFox

Rank II

Contributor III

Conyers, GA, USA
First Name
James
Last Name
Stevenson
Sweet build on the jeep. I really like the name.
My wife picked the name. She thought the color reminded her of a fox and we are often in mud/swampy areas in the Carolinas so it fit.
Thanks for the nice words. We have done a few mods to make us a little more capable : on board air, full skid plates underneath, carpet ripped out and interior is rhino lined, 3” lift, rear seat permanently removed to make room for a slide out tool chest.

Reactions: CR-Venturer