Investor

Influencer II

Port Washington, NY, USA
First Name
Juan
Last Name
Escobar
Member #

Hello to all, my name is Juan Escobar. I have been blessed to become the member rep for NY, RI and CT. In the coming days I would like to set some meet & greets in these areas but I will need some assistance from folks in those areas. At the moment I will try my best to attend but with work it may be a bit difficult but id like to get this started regardless of my schedule, thus the reason I'm reaching out to the community. I'm reaching out to those familiar with the area. I have been and will continue to do my best to familiarize myself with the areas through the use maps online. I would also like to hear from all of you on suggestions ideas that you would like to see implemented, I'm here to support and help facilitate meets and would love to hear from all of you in these areas about things important to all of you. I look forward to meeting all of you and getting out and exploring together. Do not hesitate to reach out, I'm more than honored and hope to help grow the community.

Thank you all for your time, and always remember to get out and explore.

Overlandbound #2590hea!

EscoTerrestrial

US East Region Member Rep
Staff member
Investor

Influencer II

Port Washington, NY, USA
First Name
Juan
Last Name
Escobar
Member #

Im not in your area but congrats on your new position! Hope you have fun with it!
Thank you, very much appreciated. I've been a long time fan of what OB has been doing in the community and I'm honored to have been given this chance, I will do my absolute best to provide the best service to the community. What area are you in?

Reactions: Hank Outdoors

Yankeewoodsman

Rank II
Launch Member

Member II

Cheshire, CT
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Polaski
Member #

Meet and greet is about all you can do here in CT. Off-roading is illegal in the state unless it’s on private lands. It’s a dismal scene here. If we did organize any trips, they’d have to be out of state. Definitely possible though to convoy! Let me know how I can help!
Hello to all, my name is Juan Escobar. I have been blessed to become the member rep for NY, RI and CT. In the coming days I would like to set some meet & greets in these areas but I will need some assistance from folks in those areas. At the moment I will try my best to attend but with work it may be a bit difficult but id like to get this started regardless of my schedule, thus the reason I'm reaching out to the community. I'm reaching out to those familiar with the area. I have been and will continue to do my best to familiarize myself with the areas through the use maps online. I would also like to hear from all of you on suggestions ideas that you would like to see implemented, I'm here to support and help facilitate meets and would love to hear from all of you in these areas about things important to all of you. I look forward to meeting all of you and getting out and exploring together. Do not hesitate to reach out, I'm more than honored and hope to help grow the community.

Thank you all for your time, and always remember to get out and explore.

Overlandbound #2590hea!

EscoTerrestrial

Staff member
Investor

Influencer II

Port Washington, NY, USA
First Name
Juan
Last Name
Escobar
Member #

Meet and greet is about all you can do here in CT. Off-roading is illegal in the state unless it’s on private lands. It’s a dismal scene here. If we did organize any trips, they’d have to be out of state. Definitely possible though to convoy! Let me know how I can help!
Nice to meet ya ! The help is much appreciated. When an event is setup it the 1st will most likely be a meet n greet n we can work up from there. On the offroad end, I guessed that much, it's not much different to the situation here in Long Island. Other states for trails can be arranged.

bunger

Local Expert New England, USA
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Southington CT
First Name
John
Last Name
Mayo
Member #

I'm in CT and maybe we can try setting a meet up in one of the state forests. It's not technical wheeling but some of the gravel forest roads are a nice drive, especially to places like the summit of Mohawk Mt. in Cornwall. Meeting point, trail lunch, sightseeing. Better than nothing.

EscoTerrestrial

Staff member
Investor

Influencer II

Port Washington, NY, USA
First Name
Juan
Last Name
Escobar
Member #

I'm in CT and maybe we can try setting a meet up in one of the state forests. It's not technical wheeling but some of the gravel forest roads are a nice drive, especially to places like the summit of Mohawk Mt. in Cornwall. Meeting point, trail lunch, sightseeing. Better than nothing.
Absolutely, that is an awesome idea. Its pretty much what I am aiming for. I am guessing that there isn't much for really technical wheeling in CT like Long Island where I'm currently located, but I may be wrong about that. This is a start, I will look up that area and places for food with a good size lot to accommodate a decent amount of rigs and people in the area nearby these 2 locations you mentioned. I appreciate the feedback, and will continue to stay posted and will get back within the next few days with more of a solid plan for the meet in CT.

Last edited:

bunger

Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Southington CT
First Name
John
Last Name
Mayo
Member #

Absolutely, that is an awesome idea. Its pretty much what I am aiming for. I am guessing that there isn't much for really technical wheeling in CT like Long Island where I'm currently located, but I may be wrong about that. This is a start, I will look up that area and places for food with a good size lot to accommodate a decent amount of rigs and people in the area nearby these 2 locations you mentioned. I appreciate the feedback, and will continue to stay posted and will get back within the next few days with more of a solid plan for the meet in CT.
You're right there is NO public legal technical wheeling spots in CT. Just some private land open to clubs by arrangement.
I know western CT pretty good and can help you in setting something up. Most likely in northwestern CT.
My preliminary thoughts would be, gather at a meeting point, travel on some forest roads and end up somewhere for a trailside lunch,, break and head home.
Maybe a 4 hour or so day, not including traveling to and from the meeting.
Do it on a Saturday, folks form farther away can plan a weekend camping in one of the CT state parks if they want to.

Let's get thru the Memorial Day weekend and we can get some thoughts together soon.

Reactions: EscoTerrestrial

Quicksand fJC

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Florida, NY, USA
First Name
Gabriel
Last Name
Sanz
Member #

I see this tread went silent last May. I’m new to OB and interested in meets and rides in this area. I am Currently in Hudson Valley close to Harriman St park and Bear Mountain. New to the area so still looking for trails close to me.

Yankeewoodsman

Rank II
Launch Member

Member II

Cheshire, CT
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Polaski
Member #

I see this tread went silent last May. I’m new to OB and interested in meets and rides in this area. I am Currently in Hudson Valley close to Harriman St park and Bear Mountain. New to the area so still looking for trails close to me.
Yeah, it went quiet quick. It seems overloading doesn't like this neck of the woods...lol. We should fix that

bunger

Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Southington CT
First Name
John
Last Name
Mayo
Member #

We actually had a great meetup in June as a result of this thread. There's been a shakeup in the east region and we expect it to be more active in the future. Look for activity to increase in the spring.

Luke VC

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Jefferson, NY
First Name
Luke
Last Name
VanCleef
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K2LVC
congrats on the position ... look forward to some meet ups and if you need any help in my neck of the woods keep me posted