Scottsboro, Alabama, USA
First Name
Ralph
Last Name
Peters
Member #

I'm driving up there in a few years.

It's on my bucket list....
Be prepared for vehicle damage. Need 2 windshields and have a lot of Rick chips. I came up in March, still very cold and lots of snow. Canada or Montana lays salt, terrible. My trailers got toasted. But that said it was an awesome drive. Just get gas around noon, plan your trip. If you try to push on past your stop it may be 200 or more miles to the next place you can stop (hotel) if winter. Summer, lots of places to camp but there will be a lot of others looking for the camp spots also. Good luck

Scout

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Jamestown,NY
Member #

We'll be in town tomorrow. Have a wedding to attend on Saturday. There until the 9th. Staying near Wasilla. We've done Talkeetna,Girdwood,Alyeska,Flat top, Mirror Lake, Hatchers Pass, Bodenberg Butte, the reindeer farm, Whittier, Beluga Lookout, Thunder Bird Falls, Reflections Lake, and some other places between Anchorage and Wasilla/Palmer. Would like to explore some other not so touristy areas. Have any suggestions?? Haha. I'll check back in the a.m. Maybe we'll get s chance to meet up.

Last edited:
Reactions: rmerron

alaskan.lad

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Palmer, Alaska
First Name
Gabe
Last Name
Hurt
Member #

New OB member, wondering if there is a place where all the Alaska guys hang out on here thats not in the NW section? I mean we are NW, but I kind of feel that we need our own zone to connect. Let me know! Thanks - Gabe (palmer)

chuckoverland

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Spokane, WA
Member #

We'll be in town tomorrow. Have a wedding to attend on Saturday. There until the 9th. Staying near Wasilla. We've done Talkeetna,Girdwood,Alyeska,Flat top, Mirror Lake, Hatchers Pass, Bodenberg Butte, the reindeer farm, Whittier, Beluga Lookout, Thunder Bird Falls, Reflections Lake, and some other places between Anchorage and Wasilla/Palmer. Would like to explore some other not so touristy areas. Have any suggestions?? Haha. I'll check back in the a.m. Maybe we'll get s chance to meet up.
Go check out Hope, theres good camping up a forest road near town. Lovely little place.

AKBushDag

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Palmer, Alaska
First Name
David
Last Name
Plant
Member #

New OB member, wondering if there is a place where all the Alaska guys hang out on here thats not in the NW section? I mean we are NW, but I kind of feel that we need our own zone to connect. Let me know! Thanks - Gabe (palmer)
Looks like I'm just down the road from ya. Give me shout if you like and we can meet up.

alaskan.lad

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Palmer, Alaska
First Name
Gabe
Last Name
Hurt
Member #

Looks like I'm just down the road from ya. Give me shout if you like and we can meet up.
Sounds good! In the process of switching vehicles currently, but when the dust has settled we should meet up. I think there are some guys up in FBX who do taco Tuesdays, it would be cool to plan maybe a monthly thing with the local Southcentral OB guys, even if its a mall crawl!

Last edited:

AKBushDag

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Palmer, Alaska
First Name
David
Last Name
Plant
Member #

Sounds good! In the process of switching vehicles currently, but when the dust has settled we should meet up. I think there are some guys up in FBX who do taco Tuesdays, it would be cool to plan maybe a mostly thing with the local Southcentral OB guys, even if its a mall crawl!
OK just give me a shout when you're ready.

Reactions: Anchor Mtn