Launch Member

Traveler III

15686 Eight Mile Road, Arva, ON, Canada
First Name
Nick
Last Name
Ferguson
Member #

A similar concept to the rally point pins but for general area information instead of a meetup.
If someone is planning on heading to an area they are unfamiliar with they can drop a pin saying they are headed to that area with details such as dates in that area, vehicle size & capability, trailer, what they are looking for (camp spots, vehicle or bike trails, local restaurants, amenities)
Other members can then either comment within a thread for that pin or directly to the person who dropped that pin, giving them suggestions or recommendations related to what they were looking for.
These pins would only last until a short time after the dates the person says they will be in that area similar to how a rally point pin does.

Jim SoG

Forums Manager
Staff member
Investor

Educator I

Reno, NV, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Bro
Member #

Service Branch
USAF DAV
We do that now via the forum, and not everyone has access to the map. Just my thoughts.......

Jim

Fergineer

Rank II
Launch Member

Traveler III

15686 Eight Mile Road, Arva, ON, Canada
First Name
Nick
Last Name
Ferguson
Member #

Sorry, my mistake, I thought all paid members had access to everything on the website.
However, I don't think the forums do what I'm talking about. In the forums you have to specifically search for a title which might align with your home area. That means the person unfamiliar with that area has to by chance choose the right keywords in their forum post when looking for advice from locals.
If there were to be a pin on the map you wouldn't have to search endlessly through forums as most people tend to start at their home area on the map. So if there is something new popping up in their home area they will probably notice it. The pins could even notify local members (through email, future map app, etc.) who have their home base within a 25, 50, 100 mile radius of it that someone is asking for advice near their home area.

Jim SoG

Forums Manager
Staff member
Investor

Educator I

Reno, NV, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Bro
Member #

Service Branch
USAF DAV
Sorry, my mistake, I thought all paid members had access to everything on the website.
They do, I was talking about none paid forum members not having MAP......
Jim