Member Introductions *NEW MEMBERS INTRODUCE YOURSELF*

• HTML tutorial

WatnongMountainAdventures

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

40.848988,-74.492933
Member #

IMG_0496.JPG Hello everyone! I'm Bill from Watnong Mountain Adventures. I am thrilled I found this community and have always loved the outdoors. Watnong Mountain Adventures embraces almost everything outdoors-related including fishing, boating, camping, hiking and mountain biking.

My rig is a 2015 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Premium (pretty much stock except for skid plates, lighting and interior storage enhancements). Plans have been drawn for future upgrades...but won't be executed until proven necessary. Unfortunately most days the 4Runner doesn't make it any more offroad than the boat ramp...and my on-board fridge doesn't see much more action than craft beer runs...but I'm looking for that to change.

Happy to be part of the community!

Bill
Watnong Mountain Adventures

Last edited:

Tobias Mann

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

La Crosse, Wisconsin
Member #

Hello, everyone!

My name is Tobias, I recently joined Overland Bound to learn more about Overlanding and meet people who share the passion for off-road and self-sustained travel.

I am from Midwestern Wisconsin in the La Crosse area.

Overlanding Rig
Make:
Jeep
Model: Wrangler Unlimited
Year: 2013
MODS: Steel Bumper/Bullbar, Monroe Reflex Monotube Shocks, Rubicon Coils with 3/4-inch Daystar budget boost spacers in the rear (~2-inch lift in front, 1.75-inch in rear),. 275/60R18 Nitto Terra Grapplers, LED headlight conversion.

Next Trip
Trans Wisconsin Adventure Trail Overland Route planned for late June 2016. ~ 4 days 600 miles.

Experience: Novice

I'm a reporter by trade so in my free time I blog about Overlanding, camping and hiking at Adventurebent.com -- no hyperlink because I am new.

Tobias Mann

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

La Crosse, Wisconsin
Member #

011917-ab-project-wrangler.jpg
Pic of my rig:

Probably my only real "overlanding" (more road trip with a little offroading) story was about our ~4,000 mileish road trip west to Moab. I wrote a four part story about it on my blog, so suffice to say it is too long to retell the whole thing here.

Long story short. We set off from Winona, Minn., our home at the time, and drove eight hours to Badlands National Park where we camped in the Sage Creek campground.

The next day we explored Wall Drug, Mount Rushmore, and finished the day at the feet of Devils Tower in Wyoming.

Day three, we drove more than 1,000 miles through torrential rain to Moab Utah, where due to our inability to find a campsite or hotel we stayed at Red cliffs Lodge (I think that is what it was called). Day four we explored old Potash Road down the Shafter Trail in Moab. This was the only "off road" part of the trip apart from the worst gravel roads I'd experienced in Wyoming.

Apart from having to stop for gas, we were pretty much self-sufficient. We carried most of our food with us and only bought what we couldn't keep. We tried to camp as much as possible.

Last edited:

MTNYOTA

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Reno, NV
First Name
Richard
Last Name
M
Member #

Hello all My name is Richie new to the Overland community front northern nevada "Reno" looking forward to meet new people and explore I started to built my 97 4runner this last June.

Attachments

Reactions: Jeff Neese

hopdup

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

Aliquippa
Member #

Registered on the forum and soon after became a member. Very cool group of people. I like the "It doesn't matter what you drive. Just get out there mentality."

I'm currently driving a 2008 FJ Cruiser. It's been my favorite thus far. I've owned an old Isuzu Amigo, and more recently a 2001 4Runner.

Currently planning some trips to the WV mountains this summer. Can't wait!

inferno_trd

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

San Jose, CA
Member #

Hello everyone, my names Anthony I'm new to the forums and just became a member #3780 .

I follow overland bound on Instagram and really like that they have going on here with the badges and having off road trips and the whole shebang! I can't wait to meet people from here who are members and link up for planned trips.

I'm currently driving a 2017 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off Road and can't wait for summer to come!

scpa0501

Rank 0

Traveler I

Houston, TX
Member #

Hey all,

New to the forum, and soon to be a new member. I've had a couple of 4Runners in the past when I was living in Minnesota and they have both had fatal frame rot. Now that I've moved to Texas, I ended up picking up an incredibly clean UZJ100 with 520k miles from the original owner with zero rust and an entire lifetime of dealer maintenance. No mods yet, and I won't get too carried away with it, but I'm looking forward to getting a chance to exercise the truck a bit!

Paul

IMG_3566.JPG IMG_3568.JPG

Tobias Mann

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

La Crosse, Wisconsin
Member #

Hey all,

New to the forum, and soon to be a new member. I've had a couple of 4Runners in the past when I was living in Minnesota and they have both had fatal frame rot. Now that I've moved to Texas, I ended up picking up an incredibly clean UZJ100 with 520k miles from the original owner with zero rust and an entire lifetime of dealer maintenance. No mods yet, and I won't get too carried away with it, but I'm looking forward to getting a chance to exercise the truck a bit!

Paul
Ah is that 52K or 520K that's a lot of miles!

Reactions: Captain Chaos

finlayforprez

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Member II

Massachusetts, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
West
Member #

My name is Jason
Rig: 1999 GMC Yukon, stock....but it's the year of the rig, so the build will come.
Skill level: Novice. Been overland with the family for a year or two now. Started to get the family out to enjoy the spirit of adventure, and now we're addicted!
Here's the rig....for nowView attachment 16887
Welcome! Love those Yukons... so much room. Great having you here!

finlayforprez

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Member II

Massachusetts, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
West
Member #

Hi everyone my name is Jiffy
OB MEMBER #0588
here's my adventure rig
a 2014 Toyota 4runner w/ 3rd row 4x4
I'm on instagram also if you wanna see more
icon_4runner
Ob #0588
Welcome to OB! I'm following you on Instagram and love your posts and rig. SO NICE!