Rank 0

Contributor I

Tucson, AZ
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Karr
Greetings from Tucson AZ (dry heat).
Well versed in "glamping," but a novice when it comes to overlanding. Now that my wife and I are permanent fixtures in the southwest, we plan to explore the region with our Subaru Outback 3.6 as much as possible.

Looking forward to all the great information on Overland Bound.

Cheers

Attachments

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello Mark, welcome from Oklahoma. Good looking Subaru, look forward to seeing how you outfit it.

You are in the Southwest Region, as you know. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups
Or to check out what other members are planning go here: Overland Trip Planning

I am the SW Region Member Rep so if you have any questions let me know.

Reactions: Gabriel Bozeman

JoelIII

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Camp Lejeune, NC
First Name
Joel
Last Name
Wasson
Member #

Well versed in "glamping," but a novice when it comes to overlanding. Now that my wife and I are permanent fixtures in the southwest, we plan to explore the region with our Subaru Outback 3.6 as much as possible.

Cheers
Welcome from NC!

JoelIII

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Camp Lejeune, NC
First Name
Joel
Last Name
Wasson
Member #

New guy from the swamps of Louisiana. Stumbled across this forum while looking for ideas on building a small offroad camper for my kayak tournament fishing adventures.
So far I'm pretty impressed, seems like a very friendly and helpful group of people.
I'll be back here in the shadows reading and maybe a question every now and then till I get my ducks in a row.
Welcome from NC!

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
New to the forum.
Rig: 98 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 5spd
Been overlanding a few years but nothing too hard core yet. Can’t wait for the new adventures
Welcome to Overland Bound!

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups

You are in the Southwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @brien . The Regional Director will be able to get you in touch with a local Member Representative.

If you are in the DFW area there is a meet-up that is just getting going if your interested.
DFW Monthly Recurring Overland Bound Meet

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter

Cheers
Welcome to Overland Bound!

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @brien for help or information. The Regional Director can also get you in touch with a Member Representative that might be close to you and have local information.

Jim SoG

Forums Manager
Staff member
Investor

Educator I

Reno, Nevada, United States
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Bro
Member #

Service Branch
USAF DAV
Just started into Overlanding. Done the back packing thing and few other things. Currently working on a 1999 Chevy Surburban K2500 affectionately known as The Beast. My dogs love riding around in it.

Getting the dogs to love riding in it is a big plus in its self!

Welcome!

Jim

Reactions: Paladin2020

Hank Outdoors

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Robertson County, Tennessee, United States
First Name
Sean Hank
Last Name
Haney
Member #

RJ Howell here from New Hampshire. Currently running a 2017 Toyota Tacoma v6 Tow Package and dragging an Rpod 182g into places it was never meant to go..

I'm hoping to learn loads from you folks and hopefully share some of my experiences along the way. I'm designing my next trailer and will build it with a little help from some friends. We want the conveniences that the Rpod provides, but require a much better built camper to withstand what I put it through.

I'll be asking a few questions (LOL) as I proceed with design. Looking forward to some good conversations and hopefully meet some of you folks!
Welcome to OB and the East Region!
If you have any questions or want help planning a trip or meetup of your own feel free to message me or @Team Harrington your local Member Rep.

When looking for events near you check the Calendar at:
https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/calendar
Looking for a meetup? Check this link:
Overland Bound Meetups
Looking for the U.S. East Forum? Check this link:
U.S. East (VA WV MD DE NJ PA NY CT RI MA NH VT ME)

Reactions: Nomadik Nova

Hank Outdoors

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

First Name
Sean Hank
Last Name
Haney
Member #

Jumping on the trail to cross America in the Dirt on the TAT ( Project TAT19 ) My service dog forrest and I hit the trail on July 13th. We are happy to become a part of this community! Chase us at Treadsandtails See y'all on the trails ...View attachment 106345
If you have any questions or want help planning a trip or meetup of your own feel free to message me or @Wawa Skittletits your local member rep.

Overland Bound Meetups

Reactions: Nomadik Nova

Hank Outdoors

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

First Name
Sean Hank
Last Name
Haney
Member #

Just started getting into this Overland thing and found it to check many of our boxes and we can easily include the dog so it is win win. Wife and I live in central Maryland and do a good bit of Backpacking and Hiking as well as road trips. Luckily we have many of the basics thanks to the backpacking just need to feel the rest out.

Currently we use her 2011 Forester XT but looking into getting myself out of my 2006 WRX into a mid size pickup for my DD and our next adventure rig.
Our last trip with the Forester was to the National Seashore Assateague Island in April. Had a blast and looking forward to getting further into nature via the rig and not only by legs.
If you have any questions or want help planning a trip or meetup of your own feel free to message me or @NovaBound your local Member Rep.

Overland Bound Meetups

Nomadik Nova

Rank VI
Staff member

Member III

Falmouth, MA, USA
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Nova
Member #

Just started getting into this Overland thing and found it to check many of our boxes and we can easily include the dog so it is win win. Wife and I live in central Maryland and do a good bit of Backpacking and Hiking as well as road trips. Luckily we have many of the basics thanks to the backpacking just need to feel the rest out.

Currently we use her 2011 Forester XT but looking into getting myself out of my 2006 WRX into a mid size pickup for my DD and our next adventure rig.
Our last trip with the Forester was to the National Seashore Assateague Island in April. Had a blast and looking forward to getting further into nature via the rig and not only by legs.
Welcome @OverLamb24, from Northern VA/DC.

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

New to the forum.
Rig: 98 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 5spd
Been overlanding a few years but nothing too hard core yet. Can’t wait for the new adventures
Welcome from Oklahoma.
I am the SW Region Member rep if you have any questions let me know.

Kell

Rank I
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Klepp Stasjon, Norge
First Name
Kell
Last Name
Jacobsen
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
LB4MH
Hi,

Newbie from Norway here... (Rogaland)

No advanced overlanding experience on my side - except for camping roadtrips...

Hope to get a 4x4 sometimes in the future but for now an old Toyota Avensis Verso has to do it.

Magic Mike

US Full-time/Long Term Travel Ambassador
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Hi,

Newbie from Norway here... (Rogaland)

No advanced overlanding experience on my side - except for camping roadtrips...

Hope to get a 4x4 sometimes in the future but for now an old Toyota Avensis Verso has to do it.
Welcome to Overland Bound

Reactions: Kell