Jabob

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Colorado
Member #

Hi there!
My rig is a built up 2000 f250
My experience is average I guess, I've been going camping since I was a fetus and I've always loved relying on my truck to get me there and be everything I need it to be
I look forward to be apart of this community and share ideas, experience and tips on how to better myself as an overlander

jasgwoods

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Rocky Top, TN
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Woods
Member #

Hi there!
My experience is average I guess, I've been going camping since I was a fetus and I've always loved relying on my truck to get me there and be everything I need it to be
I look forward to be apart of this community and share ideas, experience and tips on how to better myself as an overlander
Welcome!

Harmz32

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Little Rock, Arkansas, United States
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Ahrens
Member #

Hello,

My name is Jason. My wife and I and our two kids currently live in Nigeria and we are moving to Botswana this September. I currently do not have a rig and we are brand new to overlanding. Botswana and most of southern Africa will give us the chance to explore and camp in multiple countries. I am looking for an overland rig to help us. I will probably have a lot of questions, but currently we are lookin at a 2006ish Land Cruiser as toyota parts are ease to come by in this area. Nice to meet all of you.

Wawa Skittletits

Local Expert East Region USA
Staff member
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Wilkes-Barre, PA, USA
First Name
Drew
Last Name
Hawley
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRBZ674
Service Branch
USN veteran
Hello from Boston,

My name is Eddy, I'm new to overlanding and stoked to get out there. I'm building out a 2-dr Jeep JK. Looking forward to being a part of the community!
Welcome to Overland Bound Eddy! Be sure to keep an eye on the calendar for events going on in our region and feel free to join the OB East group on Facebook. Hope to meet you at one of our events!

Hi everyone. I'm don. Im located in socal. I have a 2012 jku. With a few aftermarket things on it. My experience is mostly fire roads and easy trails. I want to do the bradshaw trail as first over land trip. I just dont have any trail buddies or a winch. Looking forward to learning everything I can from anyone I can.
Welcome Don! Lots of knowledgeable people here willing to share what they know and even more looking to get out and enjoy nature.

Hey everyone!

Rig: ‘99 4runner
Experience: Complete beginner

I’ve never been overlanding but am really excited to try it, although we don’t really have any good places to go close to home. As I mentioned, I’m a complete beginner so go easy on me.
Welcome to Overland Bound! This is a great community full of people willing to help. Help you find places you may not have known about and help you get introduced to this thing called 'overlanding'.

Hello from Middle Tennessee - Stephen - aka TNcaveman here. Rig - 2018 TRD OR 4runner w/ OME springs/shocks, OPOR bars, and BFG KO2's Been Overlanding since college in the late 80's with a Honda Civic (did not call it that though - LOL) Signed up to get more info on small off-road worthy campers as I gracefully age.

Have a great weekend !

Stephen
Welcome to Overland Bound Stephen! Looking forward to seeing your adventures as you age gracefully like the rest of us haha.

View attachment 76988 Hello from Anchorage, Alaska. You could say I’ve been an overlander for a while. I generally keep to easy trails and seasonal roads. I’ve found that what most people here call “atv trails” are easy trails for slightly modified road rigs to handle. I just bought a Jeep Renegade Trailhawk and hope to have some parts ready to go on come spring so I can be out this summer.
Welcome from 4,260 miles away John! Congrats on your new Renegade! Looking forward to reading about some of your adventures!

New member from Jacksonville FL. 2000 Land Cruiser with an assortment of modifications for off-roading/remote travel. A couple years of offroading/Jeeps experience. Sold my TJ for a daily driver a few years ago and wanted another 4x4. Decided on a junk 2000 Land Cruiser. Slowly got it back to decent condition and it was perfectly paired with my desire to explore and camp in remote places. Plus I don't care (as much) if damage happens. Been averaging about a trip every two or three months for the last year mostly in the southeast. 1) Blue ridge, GA 2) Chattanooga, TN (twice) 3) Ashville, NC. Planning a trip to the South Core Outer Banks for new years. Glad to be here and learn!
Welcome to Overland Bound! Nice work resurrecting your Land Cruiser! Feel free to share some pictures and tales from your adventures.

Hi there!
Welcome! Its a great community and we're glad you became a part of it. Looking forward to seeing more information about your rig and your adventures.

Hello,

My name is Jason. My wife and I and our two kids currently live in Nigeria and we are moving to Botswana this September. I currently do not have a rig and we are brand new to overlanding. Botswana and most of southern Africa will give us the chance to explore and camp in multiple countries. I am looking for an overland rig to help us. I will probably have a lot of questions, but currently we are lookin at a 2006ish Land Cruiser as toyota parts are ease to come by in this area. Nice to meet all of you.
Welcome to Overland Bound Jason! Ask all the questions you want because there are so many great members who are willing to share everything they know. Its nice meeting you as well and I can't wait to see some of your adventures in Africa!

Reactions: TNcaveman

Nate Saca

Rank 0

Off-Road Ranger I

Folsom, CA
Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YOK
hello, my name is Nate Saca. I recently purchased a Ram 1500 Ecodiesel that I will be turning into an Overland machine. I have been Adventure riding motorcycles for some time. I have been riding and camping all over Baja since 2003. I have designated the month of March as "Mexico March". I will be spending most of the month there. the first half will be on a motorcycle and the other will be in the truck with a Roof Top Tent. I'm also in the process of getting licensed for Ham Radio. I'm looking forward to some great adventures.

Nate

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
View attachment 76988 Hello from Anchorage, Alaska. You could say I’ve been an overlander for a while. I generally keep to easy trails and seasonal roads. I’ve found that what most people here call “atv trails” are easy trails for slightly modified road rigs to handle. I just bought a Jeep Renegade Trailhawk and hope to have some parts ready to go on come spring so I can be out this summer.
Welcome to Overland Bound!

Check the forum calendar and meet-up page for events and trips that might be happening close to you.

If you have any questions message me on the forum @Kent R

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
New member from Jacksonville FL. 2000 Land Cruiser with an assortment of modifications for off-roading/remote travel. A couple years of offroading/Jeeps experience. Sold my TJ for a daily driver a few years ago and wanted another 4x4. Decided on a junk 2000 Land Cruiser. Slowly got it back to decent condition and it was perfectly paired with my desire to explore and camp in remote places. Plus I don't care (as much) if damage happens. Been averaging about a trip every two or three months for the last year mostly in the southeast. 1) Blue ridge, GA 2) Chattanooga, TN (twice) 3) Ashville, NC. Planning a trip to the South Core Outer Banks for new years. Glad to be here and learn!

Check the forum calendar and meet-up page for events and trips that might be happening close to you.

If you have any questions message your regional ambassador or you can contact me on the forum

@Kent R

Reactions: Cola

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi there!

If you have any questions message your regional ambassador or you can contact me on the forum

@Kent R

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello,

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
hello, my name is Nate Saca. I recently purchased a Ram 1500 Ecodiesel that I will be turning into an Overland machine. I have been Adventure riding motorcycles for some time. I have been riding and camping all over Baja since 2003. I have designated the month of March as "Mexico March". I will be spending most of the month there. the first half will be on a motorcycle and the other will be in the truck with a Roof Top Tent. I'm also in the process of getting licensed for Ham Radio. I'm looking forward to some great adventures.

Nate

There are two meet-up’s in your area if you are interested, both are on the meet-up page of the forum and the calendar.

Sierra Foothills Overlanders monthly meeting.

https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/threads/reoccurring-sierra-foothills-overlanders-monthly-olb-meet-up-meeting-10-16-2018.19941/

Sacramento weekly meet-up.

https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/threads/sacramento-weekly-meet-up.3332/

Reactions: Nate Saca

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey Everyone,
Glad to be part of this group. Here is a quick intro:
Name: Damon Thomas
Area: Chicago area
Rig: 2018 Wrangler JL Rubicon
Experience: Lots of outdoors, backpacking, hiking, camping, etc. New to Overlanding

@Kent R

jasgwoods

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Rocky Top, TN
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Woods
Member #

Hello,

Welcome to OB!

Quest4ADV

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Corrales, NM
First Name
Jeff
Last Name
Montero
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K5JWS
Morning all,

My name is Jeff. I moved to New Mexico about 2 years ago and have found so many places to explore here.

I have a 2017 Honda Africa Twin right now, but I'm looking to sell it and move to a 4x4 SUV platform to make it easier for the wife and I to go out "splorin' "

I've had various vehicles over the years, 80's Nissan trucks, 2011 Xterra, but now I'm stuck with a Ram Promaster van I've converted into a Camper, and my wife's Subaru Crosstrex, which I'm finding is amazingly capable off-road.

Looking to meetup with other overlanders in the area and explore this great state and the surrounding areas.

Thanks!

Attachments

Iam_SoySauce

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Las Vegas, NV, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Ronquillo
Member #

Morning Everyone,

I've been a member on OB for about a year but starting to get more involved. My fiance saw me reading through the site and learning, so she surprised me and bought the membership. i'm #15491

Name: John Ronquillo
Vehicle: 2002 Yukon XL

I've had a lot of experience out doors, grew up as a scout & have done a lot of dispersed primitive camping with friends, within the past few years i've been adding the overland aspect with my family, it's a great way to experience the out doors & see different things. It's also my excuse to get my daughter out in the world and see there's so much more than the area we live in.

Thanks guys, hope to get to know & meet up with some in the future.

jasgwoods

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Rocky Top, TN
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Woods
Member #

Morning Everyone,

I've been a member on OB for about a year but starting to get more involved. My fiance saw me reading through the site and learning, so she surprised me and bought the membership. i'm #15491

Name: John Ronquillo
Vehicle: 2002 Yukon XL

I've had a lot of experience out doors, grew up as a scout & have done a lot of dispersed primitive camping with friends, within the past few years i've been adding the overland aspect with my family, it's a great way to experience the out doors & see different things. It's also my excuse to get my daughter out in the world and see there's so much more than the area we live in.

Thanks guys, hope to get to know & meet up with some in the future.
Congrats on becoming a member!!

Reactions: Quest4ADV

Cola

Rank III
Launch Member

Influencer II

Avondale, Jacksonville, FL, USA
Member #

Welcome to OB! Sweet rig! I've been thinking about a Land Cruiser or an LX470 for my next big purchase, though I'm not ready to replace the 4Runner so I'm on the fence. If you make it back to the Asheville area again we'd love to run some trails with you!

Enjoy!
Mike
I know this isn't vehicle specific, so I will only share how I feel. I would highly recommend it for you next vehicle. I plan on driving this until i I have to stick my foot threw the rusted out floorboard and fred Flinestone stop the truck. I know people are like that with 4runners as well. And thanks for letting me know, we should be making a spring trip to Ashville!

Last edited:
Reactions: ZRex

Jfletchy7

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Florida
First Name
Jessica
Last Name
Fletcher
Member #

Hi all. Am a very new member who has always been interested in Overlanding. I grew up in Virginia but have been in Florida for many years. I bought a Toyota 4Runner 4x4 in early 2018 and its time to put it to use.

I’m just starting to research trips that I could do from Florida fairly easy & over a long weekend. I’m thinking the Georgia Traverse might be the place to start? ‍♀

Rig: Toyota 4Runner SR5 4x4
Experience: nada, zero, zip other than what I did with my dad over 20 years ago.

Cola

Rank III
Launch Member

Influencer II

Avondale, Jacksonville, FL, USA
Member #

Hi all. Am a very new member who has always been interested in Overlanding. I grew up in Virginia but have been in Florida for many years. I bought a Toyota 4Runner 4x4 in early 2018 and its time to put it to use.

I’m just starting to research trips that I could do from Florida fairly easy & over a long weekend. I’m thinking the Georgia Traverse might be the place to start? ‍♀

Rig: Toyota 4Runner SR5 4x4
Experience: nada, zero, zip other than what I did with my dad over 20 years ago.
Welcome! Lots of people from Florida recently, I'm up in JAX and have mainly been taking trips to North GA, East TN, and West NC. Mountains up there are beautiful

Reactions: Jfletchy7

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Morning all,

My name is Jeff. I moved to New Mexico about 2 years ago and have found so many places to explore here.

I have a 2017 Honda Africa Twin right now, but I'm looking to sell it and move to a 4x4 SUV platform to make it easier for the wife and I to go out "splorin' "

I've had various vehicles over the years, 80's Nissan trucks, 2011 Xterra, but now I'm stuck with a Ram Promaster van I've converted into a Camper, and my wife's Subaru Crosstrex, which I'm finding is amazingly capable off-road.

Looking to meetup with other overlanders in the area and explore this great state and the surrounding areas.

Thanks!