Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
I'm in Sonoma County, the event map should show me if there is a meet up correct?
for some reason I couldn't find your location. There isn't an active meet-up in Sonoma County but I am going to get a meet-up started in Santa Rosa within the next couple of months so keep an eye on the forum you should receive a message about it. The plan is to invite all the surrounding counties then let them decide how to continue with a meet-up. SR is just in the middle so it will be easy. If you have any questions msg me at Kent R.

Reactions: ibemarcus

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Reactions: Grizzly Bear

RavenSyndicate

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Mayville, Michigan, United States
First Name
paul
Last Name
konye
Member #

Rig: 2017 Toyota Tacoma TRD Offroad. Dual cab, short bed. Stock setup at the moment; however I did install a Decked drawer system.

I'm a big backpacker, hiker and car camper. Love to kayak. An avid sport adventure motorcycler. This is my first rodeo owning a truck that has the capability to truly go off road.

20180722PMK-OffRoading-0085.jpg 20180722PMK-OffRoading-0088.jpg

Gillityr

Rank II

Enthusiast I

Utica, MI
First Name
Kelly
Last Name
Peters
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE8LIH
Hello everyone!

New member 12739 here!

I live near Utica Michigan and have lived in this fine state most of my life (college and some long term business travel are the exceptions).

I have a lot of general adventure experience. I have backpacked all over the country, kayak toured, recumbent trike toured, Fatbike packed , Adventure Motorcycle'd and some other miscellaneous travel madness. Currently doing at least one 7-10 day Adventure Motorcycle trip per year on a Beta 500 RRS with my routes off-road focused as much as possible. I am now working on a short term and long term plan for Overlanding by vehicle for a few trips. I have vehicle camped for a week at a time, but never made the effort to push into the off-pavement areas nor planned to move every day.

Short term plans:
I will be using my 2017 GMC Canyon All-Terrain (Colorado ZR1) to learn what gear I like, and to plan a more long term build while enjoying some trips and getting used to traveling this way. I have a Tuff Stuff Ranger RTT that I mounted to a roof rack for testing and will use this year for some weekend trips. Planning a trip within the next two years to drive through Banff to Alaska so I can hike Denali. This is my daily driver at this time and is a fantastic and versatile vehicle.

Long Term Plan (1-2 years out)
Likely buying a ZR2 to build out more extensively for Overlanding and severe winter weather commuting only. My early experiences in my Canyon will determine how I move forward.

AL FJ

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Chillicothe, OH
Member #

Greetings!

About time I did this. Member #12622 finally checking in here. I'm a south Alabama native currently living in south/central Ohio. I've got a slightly modded 07 FJ I've had since 2008. Like most builds, it's never really "done".
Finally starting to really take some trips in it this year. 20180704_191016.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G965U using OB Talk mobile app

Randy Gonzales

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Santa Clarita, CA
First Name
Randy
Last Name
Gonzales
Member #

Hello all,

Hope to meet a good amount of you! Thank you to OB for creating the community.

1) Profile pic.
2) Location : Just outside of Los Angeles in Santa Clarita.
3) Rig: 2015 Jeep Rubicon. Some extras: Roof rack. roof top tent, leveling kit, and solar.
4) Overlanding Experience Background: True beginner.

Best,
Randy

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello all,

Hope to meet a good amount of you! Thank you to OB for creating the community.

1) Profile pic.
2) Location : Just outside of Los Angeles in Santa Clarita.
3) Rig: 2015 Jeep Rubicon. Some extras: Roof rack. roof top tent, leveling kit, and solar.
4) Overlanding Experience Background: True beginner.

Best,
Randy
Welcome to Overland Bound! There are several meet-ups in your area, so if your interested check out the meet-up page of the forum.

TheYeti

Rank III
Launch Member

Member III

Redondo Beach, CA, USA
First Name
Sara
Last Name
B
Member #

Location is in the beach cities of Los Angeles, CA
Rig is a white 2015, Dodge Ram 2500 we call The Yeti. I've added a KB Voodoo Fabrications truck bed rack and Yakima SkyRise 3 RTT. Next is a bedslide and some work on the suspension.
Overlanding Experience/Background is none yet, have only taken it car camping to campgrounds, but can't wait to get out offroad after the truck is done with work

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Location is in the beach cities of Los Angeles, CA
Rig is a white 2015, Dodge Ram 2500 we call The Yeti. I've added a KB Voodoo Fabrications truck bed rack and Yakima SkyRise 3 RTT. Next is a bedslide and some work on the suspension.
Overlanding Experience/Background is none yet, have only taken it car camping to campgrounds, but can't wait to get out offroad after the truck is done with work
Welcome to Overland Bound! There are several meet-ups in your area, so if your interested check out the meet-up page of the forum.

TexasTJ

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Hey guys, checking in from DFW, Texas.

My wife and I have a 2017 Toyota 4Runner TRD Pro, 2004 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner DCSB, and a 1998 Jeep wrangler. My dad got the TJ new in 98, my wife's dad got the Taco new in 04, and we go the 4R new in 17. The plan is to give the Taco back to her dad and get myself a new Ram Power Wagon. We both work quite a bit, but are trying to find more time to get outdoors. We love road tripping, hiking, kayaking, and our pups.

2017 Toyota 4Runner TRD Pro

1998 Jeep Wrangler that is more modified for rock crawling, but used for shorter trips.

2004 Toyota Tacoma bone stock

The pups

Nickzero

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Greenville, SC, USA
First Name
Nicholas
Last Name
Dugdale
Member #

Hello all! I'm Ben,
1.) Lockport NY. Right between Buffalo and Niagara Falls- Sadly not as many opportunities to get off the beaten path as I would like here.
2.) 09 Jeep Wrangler JK 2.5" lift 35" KO2s Locked in the rear- Daily Driver
3.) While I have been off-roading and wheeling for years, I'm a novice to Overlanding, and have little to no equipment.

Over the past few years we have gone on trips or went camping, and then explored a few back roads/ beach roads in the jeep. The problem for me is that we always have had had to make sure that there is enough time to double back in order to get back to where we were staying. The idea of seeing sights that relatively few get a chance to see is extremely appealing to me. I'm rarely as happy/satisfied as I am when traveling through a remote area and soaking in the picturesque views. So stretching this out into a few day (or more) trip where I could wander a little longer would be ideal. My wife also enjoys this aspect of exploring as well , but not so much the idea of leaving all the comforts of home behind, namely her bed :) As is true with any good relationship compromise is in order, so my dream set up would be an economical teardrop with a few amenities to make her more comfortable, but not not so many that we are loaded down.
I have so many questions and I'm excited to learn from everyone's insight and experience. Thanks in advance!View attachment 62051 View attachment 62052
Nice rig! Welcome to the community.

Nickzero

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Greenville, SC, USA
First Name
Nicholas
Last Name
Dugdale
Member #

Hey everyone

Rig: 2008 JKU Rubicon. Just finished putting a DV8 3.5" lift and 35" KO2's on it. Will post pictures tomorrow.
New to overlanding but not to the outdoors. Currently have a 32' 5th wheel camper that I am gonna put up for sale so I can buy something the Jeep can pull and also that the wife wouldn't mind sleeping in. She's a pampered camper. LOL

Looking at many upgrades for the Jeep but as with anything, can only do what funds allow.

Anywho, thanks for allowing me to be a member and I look forward to learning alot about overlanding.

Come kick it down here in Central FL. Nice rig! Welcome!