Enthusiast III

Denton, TX, USA
First Name
Joe
Last Name
Losoya
Member #

New Members,

Welcome to the Overland Bound community! Please take a few moments to introduce yourself so we can get to know you!

A few things you might want to include in your introduction are:

1) Picture! If you have a rig, we want to see it!
2) Location (General area is fine)
3) Rig (Year, Make, Model, etc.)
4) Overlanding Experience Background (Novice or Experienced, you're welcome here!)

We're glad you've found us and look forward to sharing our adventures with you!

In addition to getting to know you, here are the guideline sent to all Moderators of the forums. It's a natural reflection of our community, and what Overland Bound is all about:

From @administrator
  • Overlanding is: "Vehicle Dependent Travel". Nothing else.
  • We will not further define "overlanding".
  • "Capable" depends on the requirements of the trip, and we take that very seriously.
  • You are an Overlander: Overlanding is for everyone who has exploration and adventure in their heart, or, who need to be reinvigorated by connecting with nature. Nature is unforgiving. You must rise to a certain level of personal awareness to survive. Sound right? Overlanding is for you.
  • Encourage uncomplicated ventures into the great outdoors. Don't over pack.
  • Be prepared, and understand basic requirements. Question folks, to be sure they are aware of what is required. Don't assume.
  • Share without reservation, trip locations, and information.
  • It doesn't matter what you drive: The only requirement of an Overlander is that the vehicle serves the job required, safely.
  • We do not care about make or model.
  • We do not engage in "this is better than that" competitions.
  • We DO give advice about how to make your vehicle ready for what you need. Share knowledge.
  • Humility.
  • We respect, fear, and protect nature.
  • "I don't know" is a great answer.
  • We don’t brag about exploits.
  • We seek answers from the community when we don’t know.
  • We engage in the very smallest of interactions.
Hello, my name is Jose losoya, im from RGV south texas , my rig: 1998 jeep grand chrokrr laredo 4x4, 4.0 engine, its basic but looking to add a 4in lift and 33's, look foward to exploring with you guys!

Attachments

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Hello everyone! My name is Chris from SoCal, I’m new to the overlanding and new to the truck world. Recently purchased a 2018 cavalry blue Tacoma pro, mainly to travel with my family and show my lil boy the beauty of the world. Hope to learn and get to meet all the members here. Here is a pic of the truck. Thanks!
Hi Chris and welcome to OB! Nice looking Tacoma! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Evening from northern Arizona, Prescott. New here but have been offroading all my life. Most recently running my family hauler/overlander for all our trips.
2006 Pathfinder, 32"tires on a 3" lift. Rack, bumper and roof light bar, work lights, ham and cb radios.
Nothing crazy but enough to get far out there, tow our travel trailer and haul all my kids.
Hi 1337Killer and welcome to OB! Nice looking Pathfinder! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Gregory Youngblood

Rank V
Launch Member

Member II

Alamogordo, NM
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Youngblood
Member #

New member and new to Overlanding.

2016 Toyota Tundra TRDPro
2017 Turtleback Trailers, Expedition
Tucson, AZ

We are new to overlanding. I've spent my whole life camping, hiking and backpacking. Overlanding just seems like the best evolution to facilitate all of those activities! Plan is to use our overland set up as base camp for backpacking, fly fishing and general travel. The mountains are our happy place!
View attachment 46081
Welcome to OB! That's a very nice set up you have. Enjoy! I'm in New Mexico only about 5 hours from you. Who knows, maybe we'll bump in to each other some time.

Jose Losoya

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Denton, TX, USA
First Name
Joe
Last Name
Losoya
Member #

Hi Jose and welcome to OB! Nice looking Cherokee! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!
WTH!?!?! I watch your videos!!!! Thats what inspired me to do this! I had been on this website before but didnt think anything of it, until i saw the overlandbound logo in your baja trip video! Keep up the good work, Safe travels!!

JayBe

Rank 0

Traveler I

Finland
Hi,
Found the forum googling ”overlanding scandinavia”, you seem to have a subsection for the nordics.
I’m into outdoor sports, Land Rovers and sailing (which is a much more accessible way of ”overlanding” here) with the family. Looking into possibilities for overlanding in Finland and Scandinavia.

Rigs
’82 Land Rover S3 109 Stage One V8 (looong project)
’86 Land Rover 110 tdi 200 (engine conversion under way)
’02 Land Rover Discovery 2 Td5
’14 Land Rover Freelander 2 (my wifes, it’s great!)
Location, Southern Finland

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

WTH!?!?! I watch your videos!!!! That's what inspired me to do this! I had been on this website before but didn't think anything of it, until I saw the Overland Bound logo in your Baja trip video! Keep up the good work, Safe travels!!
Hey Jose! Yes, I'm an OB member too! So glad I inspired you to do this too! Glad you're part of the OB crew! Thank you for your support and following our journies!

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Hi,
Found the forum googling ”overlanding scandinavia”, you seem to have a subsection for the nordics.
I’m into outdoor sports, Land Rovers and sailing (which is a much more accessible way of ”overlanding” here) with the family. Looking into possibilities for overlanding in Finland and Scandinavia.

Rigs
’82 Land Rover S3 109 Stage One V8 (looong project)
’86 Land Rover 110 tdi 200 (engine conversion under way)
’02 Land Rover Discovery 2 Td5
’14 Land Rover Freelander 2 (my wifes, it’s great!)
Location, Southern Finland
Hi JayBe and welcome to OB! Nice rigs! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Cavalry_pro

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Los angeles
Member #

New to the group! Just wanted to say hi. I drive a 2012 Nissan Frontier crew cab. Basically stock at the moment other than full skids and a leveling kit, but parts are ordered and trickling in. Shell is two weeks out, tent & fridge are sitting in garage, 2.5 lift is on the way, and then the fun of putting it together begins! I’d say I’m a little above a novice Overlander. Built a simple rack and converted a cot tent to sit on it to see if it was something my wife and I would use enough to justify buying a proper roof top tent. After two seasons we decided it was time to upgrade! Looking forward to getting (a lot) more use out of the new gear and meeting new people! (Picture of the truck is old, will post another once the new goodies are on)
Nice rig!