Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hi, im in north texas looking for other four wheel camping enthusiasts. I have regeared and installed ARB lockers front and rrar and cut out the fenders to fit 42" tires under my dodge
Hello @Dodge Cummins, welcome from Oklahoma. That's a great looking truck.

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups
Or to check out what other members are planning go here: Overland Trip Planning

June 7th – 9th is the OB Rally Southeast in the Ozark National Forest in Arkansas.

If you have any questions let me know.

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
My rottweiler LOVES going for rides too
Why do you want to sell your roof top tent ? What plans do you have for an alternate rig setup ? That truck is AWSOME . I have an 84 w250 Ram 4x4 that I am working on for serious off road. I have too many projects going on so it's on the shelf right now as well as my Land Rover discovery 2. I'm concentrating on my 1976 Scamp 13' trailer right now for a summer- fall tour of all the places I have been wanting to go for a long time.

Dodge Cummins

Rank IV
Launch Member

Contributor III

Arlington Texas
First Name
Andrew
Last Name
Garland
Hello @Dodge Cummins, welcome from Oklahoma. That's a great looking truck.

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups

June 7th – 9th is the OB Rally Southeast in the Ozark National Forest in Arkansas.

Thank you so much

Dodge Cummins

Rank IV
Launch Member

Contributor III

Arlington Texas
First Name
Andrew
Last Name
Garland
Why do you want to sell your roof top tent ? What plans do you have for an alternate rig setup ? That truck is AWSOME . I have an 84 w250 Ram 4x4 that I am working on for serious off road. I have too many projects going on so it's on the shelf right now as well as my Land Rover discovery 2. I'm concentrating on my 1976 Scamp 13' trailer right now for a summer- fall tour of all the places I have been wanting to go for a long time.
I want to keep the rooftop tent but sellthe bedrack and softtop over the pickup bed

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello Ron (@MyGfIsBlue), welcome from Oklahoma (don't hold that against me, I am from Texas. :tearsofjoy: )

Reactions: RPilk

Bradb55

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Pensacola, FL
First Name
Brad
Last Name
Blanchard
Member #

i am in Southern california and am brand new to overlanding. I am a currently looking into a rig to get and will be following a very tight budget since I am in highschool . Would love some input of good budget rigs. I am thinking about a xj, tacoma, a truck, or some suv. Thanks.
Can’t go wrong with a Toyota. But find something 4wd, do your maintenance, make sure it’s good to go and go for it.

Gabriel Bozeman

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Oak Harbor, WA, USA
First Name
Gabriel
Last Name
Bozeman
Member #

i am in Southern california and am brand new to overlanding. I am a currently looking into a rig to get and will be following a very tight budget since I am in highschool . Would love some input of good budget rigs. I am thinking about a xj, tacoma, a truck, or some suv. Thanks.
Welcome from Washington! It's good to see another Highschooler. Jeeps are going to be expensive (if you get a Wrangler or Cherokee). Toyotas are pretty good (especially if you get an older one). Good luck!

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Hey there overland world. I am Mike from North East Oregon. I’m currently working on my 4th (maybe fifth) Overland rig, a 1989 Ford FSB. My other rigs were a 2000 Ram 2500, 1989 Jeep XJ, 1991 Ford F-350 Quad Cab Dually (the only 2 wheel drive full sized truck I ever owned), 1960 willies wagon, and the fifth was a 1979 Ford E150 conversion van that I never got to finish.

Attachments

Magic Mike

US Full-time/Long Term Travel Ambassador
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Welcome from Washington! It's good to see another Highschooler. Jeeps are going to be expensive (if you get a Wrangler or Cherokee). Toyotas are pretty good (especially if you get an older one). Good luck!
Welcome to Overland Bound

Magic Mike

Launch Member

Expedition Master I

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Hey there overland world. I am Mike from North East Oregon. I’m currently working on my 4th (maybe fifth) Overland rig, a 1989 Ford FSB. My other rigs were a 2000 Ram 2500, 1989 Jeep XJ, 1991 Ford F-350 Quad Cab Dually (the only 2 wheel drive full sized truck I ever owned), 1960 willies wagon, and the fifth was a 1979 Ford E150 conversion van that I never got to finish.

Magic Mike

Launch Member

Expedition Master I

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Welcome to Overland Bound!

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
West US - Reoccurring - OverlandBound Westside LA Meetup - 03/09/2019
If you have any questions message your Regional Director on the forum at @Narbob

I am one of the U.S. West Member Representatives, if there is anything I can do to help message me at @Magic Mike
If you have any questions message your Regional Director on the forum at @Narbob

Magic Mike

Launch Member

Expedition Master I

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Hello all, not new to the forum but I am a first-time poster and a new member.
Rig: 2019 Forester Sport
Previous Rigs: 2005 Wrangler TJ
Novice - Intermediate Overlander

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
Can’t go wrong with a Toyota. But find something 4wd, do your maintenance, make sure it’s good to go and go for it.
I don't think you can beat a Mid size Ford or Chevy simply because parts are cheap and available. Definitely a 4x4. Toyota's are okay but be prepared to pay a bunch for engine repairs if you can find the parts for an older one. `I think for a starter it would be hard to beat a jeep Cherokee, mid 80's model are fairly cheap and easy to work on.

Reactions: Bradb55

Lewis86

Rank III

Enthusiast II

North Augusta, SC, USA
First Name
Brent
Last Name
Lewis
Member #

My name is Brent, jst bought my first Tacoma. 2018 TRD OFF-ROAD DCSB. So far I love it. It will definitely be a slow process on building it up to what I want. I am new to overlanding. I am looking forward to getting started and hopefully meeting new people to enjoy experiences with. I love camping, my wife not so much so this will be something I will be doing without her. I live here in Edgefield, SC. Not many places around here to adventure. I will be doing some traveling. If anyone knows any good spots in the south east please let me know.