• HTML tutorial

Jrfelkins

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Franklin, TN
Member #

Hello,
RIG: 2015 Toyota Tundra SR5 TRD with Tow package. Bone stock, haven't changed anything other than Tint and seat covers.
I'm very new to the concept of Overlanding. Grew up doing plenty of off-roading as a young buck tearing up every truck I owned in western Kentucky.

Will be planning on doing some upgrades by end of year to my truck and would like to find a group of folks to show me the responsible way of overlanding.

Thanks in advance for the wealth of knowledge this forum and community brings!
Welcome, I’m new too but we’re neighbors so don’t hesitate to holler!

Sent from my iPad using OB Talk

ibemarcus

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Tuscaloosa,AL
Member #

Hello!
Currently living in Birmingham, Al looking to get involved in some meet-ups and do some fun four wheeling. Just bought my Jeep its a 2016 JKU Rubicon with an ARB bumper and Ramsey Patriot 9500 Ut winch. I'm saving up for a 2.5 inch lift (haven't decided which exact kit I want yet) and some 35" tall tires. I'm definitely a novice and am looking forward to some great adventures in the future!
Hello Brian,
I live in Tuscaloosa and fairly new to this also. There is a meet and greet planned for August 4th. If you are interested I can try to send you the info?

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello everyone,

I'm new to the forum but not new to overlanding. I just don't do enough of it due to my demanding work schedule and travel but want to do more. I currently have a slightly modified 1999 Toyota 4runner (below) that's trail ready but considering replacing with a newer Tacoma. I miss having a truck bed.

My wife loves camping but going off road is not her favorite thing so we have a very slightly used Coleman E1 popup trailer which makes spur of the moment camping a little easier and more comfortable. I love the trailer but it's is not up to more than a reasonably maintained dirt road.

I need to figure out how to get my wife more excited about going off the beaten path (off road) as a way to get to more interesting and isolated/secluded places. The regular state and national campgrounds are great but not where I'd prefer to stay if given free reign to choose.

I look forward to meeting some of you on the road at some point in the near future.

Adam
Welcome to Overland Bound! Check the meet-up page to see what meet-ups are in your area, the Santa Cruze group is getting started and thats not a huge distance from you.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Just joined.

Rig: 2017 Tacoma TRD Off Road / rock sliders/ bed rack / RTT / stock height and tires until I can get more money ☹
Experience: Beginner but not afraid of a challenge as long as it’s within reason.
Welcome to Overland B0und! There is a meet-up in Orange County that you might be interested in. Check out the meet-up page on the forum or on the OLB West FB page for details.

Nomadik Nova

Rank VI
Staff member

Member III

Falmouth, MA, USA
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Nova
Member #

Swe
Hello everyone,

I'm new to the forum but not new to overlanding. I just don't do enough of it due to my demanding work schedule and travel but want to do more. I currently have a slightly modified 1999 Toyota 4runner (below) that's trail ready but considering replacing with a newer Tacoma. I miss having a truck bed.

My wife loves camping but going off road is not her favorite thing so we have a very slightly used Coleman E1 popup trailer which makes spur of the moment camping a little easier and more comfortable. I love the trailer but it's is not up to more than a reasonably maintained dirt road.

I need to figure out how to get my wife more excited about going off the beaten path (off road) as a way to get to more interesting and isolated/secluded places. The regular state and national campgrounds are great but not where I'd prefer to stay if given free reign to choose.

I look forward to meeting some of you on the road at some point in the near future.

Adam
Nice Rig!! Great shape for a 99. :)

HappyOurOverlanding

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Verdi Nevada
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7RAM
Hello everyone,

Adam
Well kept rig.....welcome

Sent from my SM-G960U using OB Talk mobile app

ibemarcus

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Tuscaloosa,AL
Member #

Hey everyone, new here. I’m in Tuscaloosa AL and just started getting into this overland stuff. Not many places to go do this kinda thing in Tuscaloosa so will be traveling outside the area. Excited about the meet and greets. Hope to see some of you soon. Oh I drive a 94 land cruiser nothing special just a roof rack that a made and some extra lights. Anyway glad to be here.

Can’t beat a Land Cruiser! [emoji1360][emoji1360]

Reactions: ❤️Lovey❤️

4wheelspulling

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Chelan, WA.
First Name
Vance
Last Name
Myers
Member #

Hello and welcome to this great group of people. As you read through this site you will see that it is all of you that make this site great. Not what you drive or your overlanding experience, you and your participation . Hope to see and meet you on the many roads of life. Benz.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter

CR-Venturer

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

Ardrossan, AB, Canada
First Name
Jas
Last Name
Spr
Member #

Hello all!

First post. Greetings from the mountains of Beautiful British Columbia, Canada. My rig is the pictured 1999 Honda CR-V with the upgraded B20 series motor, 120hp. The rig is pretty much stock, so far, with only a set of 205/75/R15 General Grabber AT2's fitted and a CB radio installed in the dash. I have big plans for mods in the future (but a small bank account at the moment, unfortunately) including a 2" OME spring lift, Bilstein shocks, DIY roof rack, fold down tailgate table, and probably a roof top tent.

I have very little experience in overlanding per se, but I spent 9 years in the army and I've loved camping and wilderness activities since I was a kid, so there's that.

So far, I've been immensely impressed with the little CR-V; it's taken me a lot of places I wouldn't have expected it would go, including a back country day trip through about 10 inches of snow on the mountain forest tracks. I recently attended the BC Overland Rally and I'm looking forward to learning more and going on more adventures!

Cheers

Attachments

CR-Venturer

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

Ardrossan, AB, Canada
First Name
Jas
Last Name
Spr
Member #

Hello,

Brian in Bellingham, WA, here. I've been camping and exploring for 40 years. Checking out this OB site to see what's here and to meet people. I was at the BC Overland Rally recently and talking to a friend there and she recommended this group.

Brian
Saw your rig at the Rally! Sweet machine.

Reactions: Railvan

Jedi

Rank VI
Staff member
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Ferndale, WA USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
McClory
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6JDI
Hello,

Brian in Bellingham, WA, here. I've been camping and exploring for 40 years. Checking out this OB site to see what's here and to meet people. I was at the BC Overland Rally recently and talking to a friend there and she recommended this group.

Brian
Another OB Member in Whatcom County? And with the awesome name of Brian? Well then, a hearty welcome to you brother! I think a Northwest Washington meetup needs to happen at this point...

Reactions: Railvan

Stone

Rank I

Contributor III

New to Overlanding but have been interested in it for a while. The biggest reason I didn't join before is now longer a reason... The other reason is I only have a 2008 PreRuuner Tacoma with the TRD Off-Road package. (My picture on my profile isn't my truck, but is basically what mine looks like. I'll snap a photo of it later.)
I wanted to know how much Overlanding is open to me and my PreRunner. I would like to outfit it for basic trails and if I decide this something I really like doing then trade in the PreRunner for a 4x4 Tacoma that I can transfer equipment over to the new one.