Last Name
Partridge
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6GRX
IMG_20180516_192224886-cr.jpg

Name: Maverick
Rig: 2005 Jeep Wrangler TJ 4.0L, 4" ProComp lift, 35" Goodyar Wrangler Tires
Experience: Experienced; started out in high school with my Dad's 1974 Dodge Powerwagon and never looked back!

Last edited:
Reactions: Aussie571

econorod61

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor I

Susanville, CA
Member #

hello, been overlanding my whole life but finely found a name for it. growing up with throwing a tent, sleepingIMG_20180523_184246090.jpg bags and cooler full of hotdogs, full of gas and you ran till you just enough gas to get home loved it. anyway, maxsterblaster found ob on line so here I am. right now we have a 2018 outback and building a 1952 willys overland just for this purpose. we use a 1969 apache tent trailer for camping and love it.we live in northeastern ca where you have everything from desert to high snow covered mountain peaks. I hope I can learn and teach someone out there.

Last edited:

DaveFromAustria

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Salzburg, Austria
Member #

Hi all. My Name is David. I am very new to Overlanding and my only experience is watching YouTube vids. Hopeing to learn a lot from you guys :)

Rig: none. Getting a Rubicon JL beginning of next year.
Experience: watching YouTube :)

Captn. Crunch

Rank 0

Traveler I

060D97CC-A39A-41FC-B351-19173C834B01.jpeg
Thanks for the add-here’s my rig. ‘99 GMC Safari AWD. For the last 11yrs I’ve been active with the Boy Scouts of America, the last 4 as Scout Master. I picked this vehicle for its simplicity, its ease of maintenance and it seats eight. The awd feature made pulling the troop trailer in all weather and to remote sites a piece o cake.
Being that guy who can’t leave well enough alone I went head first down the more traction rabbit hole. I was the first person on the planet to swap out the computer controlled np136 single speed awd transfer case for the computer controlled np236 two speed 4x4 transfer case. I also installed a Torsen style carrier in the 7.625” rear diff.
I picked up all the electronics for the tc swap from the Zr2 forum. I found myself amongst mad swappers as they constantly took their Zr2’s to the ragged edge in search of traction and indestructiblity.
My van shares the same drivetrain so it was inevitable that I began to emulate their deeds and incorporate some of their madness into my scout hauler.
Of piece we share is the 7.25” ifs front diff. GM put it in everything from my “soccer van” to the screaming syclone/Typhoon turbo trucks. The sy/ty guys put together a limited run on a Torsen style carrier for the 7.2 and I got in on it. I was able to find a rare cast iron front diff, installed the Torsen and swapped out the stock open aluminum unit. So I’m now sporting a van with a two speed transfer case and power to all four wheels that’s 100% streetable due to the inherent good manners of the twin Torsen units.
I followed up with a 5” body/suspension lift. I have a full set of Zr2 skid plates. I also have rock sliders to install.
Now that my oldest son has earned the rank of Eagle Scout I have relinquished the title of SM. I still crave the outdoor life but I now get to do it without 20 adolescent boys. I’m looking to pack up my totes and go camping with adults. I’m looking forward to seeing just what my van is capable of doing. It’s never been truly stressed or tested as my mods were barely required and 100% overkill.
So thanks for the add and here’s to hoping I get to meet some like minded folks and show off what I think is a very unique vehicle.

Last edited:

skircr115

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Culpeper, VA, USA
First Name
Trevor
Last Name
Cassity
Member #

Good morning, new member here, name's Trevor. It's a pleasure to finally become a member and I finally found time to post.
1) Picture: IMG_20170323_153624.jpg
2) Location: Dependent, Active Duty AF, stationed on the East Coast for now near Hampton, VA. As you can see, my plates are WA state and Camas, WA is home.
3) Rig: 1999 Toyota Tacoma SR5 4WD; 2.7L V4; just hit 180,000 miles
3.5) Upgrades: ARB Front Bumper, IPF Driving Lights, OME Heavy kit, Smittybilt XRC winch, Raceline wheels, T/A KO2's for where the rubber meets the trail.
4) Overlanding Experience Background: I've traveled the dusty gravel forest roads and off some beaten trails. The truck is still a work in progress and I've been debating a full vehicle upgrade first so keep a look out for that potentially. Build guides will, of course, be to come.

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

Good morning, new member here, name's Trevor. It's a pleasure to finally become a member and I finally found time to post.
1) Picture: View attachment 57140
2) Location: Dependent, Active Duty AF, stationed on the East Coast for now near Hampton, VA. As you can see, my plates are WA state and Camas, WA is home.
3) Rig: 1999 Toyota Tacoma SR5 4WD; 2.7L V4; just hit 180,000 miles
3.5) Upgrades: ARB Front Bumper, IPF Driving Lights, OME Heavy kit, Smittybilt XRC winch, Raceline wheels, T/A KO2's for where the rubber meets the trail.
4) Overlanding Experience Background: I've traveled the dusty gravel forest roads and off some beaten trails. The truck is still a work in progress and I've been debating a full vehicle upgrade first so keep a look out for that potentially. Build guides will, of course, be to come.
Hello Trevor and welcome to the OB crew....great looking Toy and look forward to seeing your build and adventures. Thank you for your service and sacrifice .

VST

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Kodak, TN, USA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
James
Hello new member from south FL my name is Scott. I just recently picked up a 2018 Silverado that I’m going to turn into my overland rig. Don’t see a lot of Chevy full size overlanding vehicles so hopefully I can get it done with the few ideas I’ve seen. My brother has a 2016 Tacoma that’s he’s been able to do up pretty good we are hoping to take some trips outside of FL next year.

R3kage

Rank 0

Traveler I

1) No picture of my Forester XT but soon to come!!
2) Location: North Carolina
3) Rig: 2010 Subaru Forester 2.5XT Black on Black
4) Complete Novice to off roaring but have always enjoyed camping and backpacking, just looking to have a vehicle to get me almost anywhere I want to go get still be my daily commuter!

Prepper1212

Rank 0

Traveler I

new here
2014 f150 2wd
1988 jeep Cherokee 10" lift full leaf spring conversion 33x12.50 15 tires.
Brunswick GA
Many years of over landing under several different rigs. like to find the out of the way spots for camping,fishing. glad to find this place. have been a avid pod cast and you tube viewer. thanks for having me

Speedseeker

Rank 0

Traveler I

Hi, I'm from northern Germany and I enjoy traveling the slow way, means without using the German Autobahn (Highways). I prefer the small roads and enjoy the landscape.
I have an VW T4 Multivan (Eurovan) to stay overnights. For short, day trips I own two Suzuki Jimny´s (one is a convertible) mostly stock. The second is a van, with a lifted suspension, AT´s and some other stuff.... .
Suzuki Jimny:
IMG_0976_new.jpg
VW T4 Multivan
t4.jpg

Any other Germans here?

Jay_FJZ80

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

La Quinta, CA
Member #

Hi there.... I am Jayson.
I am from Southern California in the Coachella Valley.
IMG_3457.jpg
My Rig: 1997 Toyota Land Cruiser, Triple Locked, 35's, Lifted. It's a work in progress, but it's come a long way from stock a couple of years ago. I now have sliders. (Not in the pic)
I consider myself a moderate over-lander. I absolutely love off-roading and exploring. I am happy to be a part of this community.

Updated photo below:

Last edited:

fatrat

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

North Georgia
Member #

Hey all! My name is Josh most people call me fatrat or FR. I live in Dawsonville Georgia about 50 miles north of ATL. My daily is a Subaru Crosstrek and on the weekend I am either in our '87 Vanagon Westy Weekender w/ the family or on my '17 Yamaha SCR950 (yes I actually offload it).

Screen Shot 2018-05-24 at 11.38.32 PM.png Screen Shot 2018-05-24 at 11.37.09 PM.png Screen Shot 2018-05-24 at 11.31.04 PM.png

Mickey

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

El Centro California
Member #

Brad- if you are interested in wheeling with a few guys from the Navy base, let me know- we regularly are out and about in the area trying to hone our skills and build our rigs. We are all on an enlisted budget- I'm sure you can appreciate that, but we have found some great areas to explore in our backyard. No shortage of great offroading to be had in the valley as I'm sure you are well aware. Message me and I'll get you in touch with the crew...

Mickey
(also a Toyota owner)

Reactions: fatrat

Marinetaco

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Hello to all. My name is Bobby. I finally took the plunge and became an official member.
I'm originally from Colorado (Ouray was my playground), but live in Southern Oregon. I know a few of my buddies are members here as well.
Marine Corps Vet and Toyota technician by trade.
Current rig: 2005 Tacoma, some things done to it here and there.
Overland experience: Well, it's mainly drive from point A to point B while getting on the beaten path .
Hope to see others out there on the trails

Attachments

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello to all. My name is Bobby. I finally took the plunge and became an official member.
I'm originally from Colorado (Ouray was my playground), but live in Southern Oregon. I know a few of my buddies are members here as well.
Marine Corps Vet and Toyota technician by trade.
Current rig: 2005 Tacoma, some things done to it here and there.
Overland experience: Well, it's mainly drive from point A to point B while getting on the beaten path .
Hope to see others out there on the trails
Welcome from the Sierra Foothills Overlanders! I miss southern OR we lived in GP for 10 years.

Marshall

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Prescott, Arizona
Member #

Good morning OLB members. I’m Marshall from Prescott Arizona. I’m originally from Montana. I spent 8 years in US Army as a medic. It was great to meet the OLB group at the Overland Expo West in Flagstaff AZ. I’m building a 2018 Toyota 4Runner TRD Off-Road (PROKILLR) LOL, ICON Stage 5, Nitto Trail Grapplers, Goose Gear Platform, AT Fridge & Stove Slide, 50L ARB Fridge, Tepui RTT. I’m working on the dual battery system

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Last edited:

DrivinBettyWhite

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Cottage Grove, Oregon
First Name
Tom
Last Name
Jones
Member #

Service Branch
U.S. Army
Hey how’s everyone doing? I’m Tom Jones I’ve been checking out OLB for a little while now, figured I’d make the plunge and pay for a membership. I recently moved up here to Cottage Grove OR and have been looking for some off-road friends.
I’ve got a 2000 taco

1B3F2C29-9D68-4A34-B3BD-5EB88628368C.jpeg 037F97A7-EB87-4E72-BE10-B36FDE7E1051.jpeg

DCLawrence

Rank 0

Traveler I

Hi all-
I've been following the Overland Bound community for a while, but have only just now gotten around to posting.
I am a total novice at this, but am looking to get out and explore.
Current set-up: 2017 Tacoma Off-road. I have added sliders, but no other mods yet. New tires to come soon.
Near-term goal: Mojave Road (would love to find a group to do this with...)

I will post a pic soon...
David