Aqueduct Lane, Chino Hills, CA 91709
First Name
Carl
Last Name
Sandvik
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K5LFE
Hi everyone, Carl Sandvik here from So. Cal. (Chino Hills)
I have an 89 K5 Blazer which I've owned for 14 years. I purchased it from a friend of mine who made several modifications, but in the last 4 years, I've really pushed a purposed build focus. I love longer overlanding trips, but this K5 is capable in the rocks too. I have a nice group of local friends who enjoy day trips and/or at least one multi day trip on Mojave Trail each year. My next build is upgrading axles for heavier duty when in the rocks but also improve ride with some top quality springs (to tame the beast). I've gotten into welding and fab work in the past several years, making it a great hobby to help friends build/fix their rigs regardless if its a shock tab or a tire carrier.

I look forward to joining some local runs, volunteering for trail improvement and/or working on rigs.

Carl
#K54FUN
20180213_220543000_iOS.png

Trailjeeper

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Whetstone, AZ, USA
First Name
Bill
Last Name
Cashman
Member #

Hello, My name is Bill, I go by Trailjeeper on forums. I have what started out as an '88 Wrangler named Grumpy. Grumpy is made up of many parts of different year jeeps, Kinda like the ol Johny Cash song about Multi year Cadillac.
Have been Overlanding (By the definition given by this group) since I was a kid,
Glad to have met some of you at the Expo this year.

GratefulFozzie

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Pittsburgh
Member #

Hello, my name is Kyle. I have always been wanting to explore off-road and go overland camp somewhere. Not just a small trip, but something off the beaten path. Need to explore. I love the outdoors.
My rig is 2003 Subaru Baja.
Experience overland: beginner
Mods: Lights, Roof Rack, Hitch, Lift, Bigger tires, and many more to come
Welcome, and it’s good to see another Subaru.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

cjoreilly

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Louisiana
Member #

1)

2) Northwest Louisiana
3) 1993 Toyota Landcruiser FJZ80 (226,000 and still going strong)
4) Novice, I have been on a few multi-day trips in the rig, nothing too serious. I've had my rig for about a year, so I am still getting to know her and getting routine maintenance done.

D

Deleted randall08

Hello! from Randall (aka ovrlnd360) from Michigan. I am new to overlanding and looking to meet other Southeastern Michigan overlanders. I am planning on attending Overland Expo East 2018 in November.

Reactions: Aussie571

Berkshires

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Berkshire, MA, USA
First Name
K
Last Name
L
Member #

Found out about Overland Bound while I was at Overland Expo 2018 in Flagstaff. I've been a backpacker and cycle camper (Motorcycle and bicycle) for years, and owned jeeps but never put the two together.
Located in Sonoma County (Graton, California)
2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD off-road, with an AT Habitat
2014 Suzuki DL650 - VStrom
Intermediate experience

Unknown.png

Last edited:

JeepOnRock

Rank II
Launch Member

Traveler I

Suwanee, GA
Member #

DSCN3285.JPG I'm in the Suwanee, GA area... near Lake Lanier. I've been a member of the GBR4wd Club for more than 2 decades... and 4wheeling a little longer than that. And while I have camped a time or six, I am pretty new to the concept of "overlanding". Previously I was interested in more of the higher challenge routes, as opposed to tranisting areas for the adventure.
My current rig is a 2014 Wrangler Rubicon X (most call it a Hard Rock, since that is pretty much the same thing now). It isn't my first Jeep... that was a 55 M38A1, then I had a 92 YJ, a 71 Jeepster Commando and a 2001 Wrangler 60th Anniversary.

I'm looking forward to a different kind of adventure.

Last edited:

Seppy

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Cambon Avenue, Saint James, NY, USA
First Name
Joseph
Last Name
Cosentino
Member #

Joe here from Long Island, NY. Just started 4 wheeling and camping. I have a 2018 JKU WILLYS, but this is not my first Wrangler or Jeep for that matter. I've had a '90 YJ, '08 Grand Cherokee Overland, and an '11 Patriot. The only mods at the moment are front and rear Atlas bumpers and Smittybilt Winch. More to come. 20180505_161153_HDR.jpg I found the overlanding sites and youtube pages and I'm really interested in it.

Pedro6285

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Wilmington, NC
Member #

Hey everyone. I'm super excited to join the community.

The name is Pedro and I live in Wilmington, North Carolina. My current overland rig is a 2016 Toyota Tacoma Inferno and goes by the name of #ErnieTheSpicyTaco.

I've got recovery equipment and can be available if any members need help in the Wilmington, NC area.

My level of overlanding is definitely a novice. I'm working on getting some additional things to start exploring without feeling tied down to having to be close.IMG_0459.JPG

PacoPicot

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Santa Clara, CA
Member #

land rover 2.jpg Hello, my name is Pascal, I live in Santa Clara CA. I have a 2010 Land Rover LR4 with no modification. I have fascination for the water ( I have a 35ft Sailboat) , like wilderness and enjoy car camping with my partner and our two little dogs. I dream of Sportsmobile and other adventure Class B RV but can not have it all....
We are sleeping on a foam mattress in the back of the car and stop at campsites but we want to explore more. I have no experience with Overlanding. I had one experience (years back) going to the desert with my Toyota Rav 4. Was fun but the car was not the right one for all the gear and terrain. So I hope to gain ideas from this forum to set-up the car and allow us to experience this beautiful country. I do not plan to do anything hard core and would like help with storage ideas including liquids (want to keep the back of the car as our sleeping area), power management, cooler, ... to be autonomous for few days

Last edited:

Daniel Moreno

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Pomona, CA
Member #

Hey OB memebers, name is Danny, located in Pomona , CA SoCal area.
Looking forward to linking up with some amazing ppl on here and hope to get out with some of you soon.
Just picked up a week ago a 97 4runner with e-locker. I'll post pix soon lol haven't even took a pic of the 4runner yet. This forum is great has so much info

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using OB Talk mobile app

CoreyPDX

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Portland Oregon
First Name
Corey
Last Name
King
Member #

New Member!

Do not have a rig yet.

Girlfriend and I have traveled to every continent before she was 25 and now we are going to dive into Overlanding.

We have nerded out for a long time but just have not been able to grab a rig yet. Looking to get a JK here within the year and next summer head out on a Baja trip.

We live in beautiful Portland Oregon and can't wait to hit the trails.

Thanks,
Corey

Michael G.

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

New Orleans, Louisiana
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Gauthreaux
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W5AZA
New Member!

Do not have a rig yet.

Girlfriend and I have traveled to every continent before she was 25 and now we are going to dive into Overlanding.

We have nerded out for a long time but just have not been able to grab a rig yet. Looking to get a JK here within the year and next summer head out on a Baja trip.

We live in beautiful Portland Oregon and can't wait to hit the trails.

Thanks,
Corey
Welcome to the Group Just got my JKU this past weekend!

Reactions: CoreyPDX

Traveler I

New Members,

Welcome to the Overland Bound community! Please take a few moments to introduce yourself so we can get to know you!

A few things you might want to include in your introduction are:

1) Picture! If you have a rig, we want to see it!
2) Location (General area is fine)
3) Rig (Year, Make, Model, etc.)
4) Overlanding Experience Background (Novice or Experienced, you're welcome here!)

We're glad you've found us and look forward to sharing our adventures with you!

In addition to getting to know you, here are the guideline sent to all Moderators of the forums. It's a natural reflection of our community, and what Overland Bound is all about:

From @administrator
  • Overlanding is: "Vehicle Dependent Travel". Nothing else.
  • We will not further define "overlanding".
  • "Capable" depends on the requirements of the trip, and we take that very seriously.
  • You are an Overlander: Overlanding is for everyone who has exploration and adventure in their heart, or, who need to be reinvigorated by connecting with nature. Nature is unforgiving. You must rise to a certain level of personal awareness to survive. Sound right? Overlanding is for you.
  • Encourage uncomplicated ventures into the great outdoors. Don't over pack.
  • Be prepared, and understand basic requirements. Question folks, to be sure they are aware of what is required. Don't assume.
  • Share without reservation, trip locations, and information.
  • It doesn't matter what you drive: The only requirement of an Overlander is that the vehicle serves the job required, safely.
  • We do not care about make or model.
  • We do not engage in "this is better than that" competitions.
  • We DO give advice about how to make your vehicle ready for what you need. Share knowledge.
  • Humility.
  • We respect, fear, and protect nature.
  • "I don't know" is a great answer.
  • We don’t brag about exploits.
  • We seek answers from the community when we don’t know.
  • We engage in the very smallest of interactions.
2017 Taco TRD Off Road LB
Always played in the outdoors. Figured I would have fun with a Taco outfitted w a RTT and hit the road for some adventure with the kiddos!

Reactions: Michael G.

Contributor III

Hi All,
I live in Durham NC. Grew up in Upstate NY. Spent a lot of time outdoors as a kid fishing, camping, etc. As an adult I sort of lost touch with all of that. In my late 20s bought an old off road rigged Jeep CJ on a lark and had a total blast in it. Then came a kid and out went the Jeep.

Now I am in my mid-40s and the kid is 9. He loves going outdoors. We camp and fish a lot, especially in the National Forests of NC and VA. He even wants to hunt.

Then recently an incredible miracle happened: my wife let me get a 2016 4X4 Tacoma SR5! I am now setting it up as a kind support vehicle for all kinds of outdoor adventures, particularly in the mountains. That said, I want to beef it up for off roading (though I am learning that is a rather complicated discussion in Taco land). Probably lighter offroading (don't see myself becoming, say, a serious rock climber in my dotage) but maybe decent backwoods offroad driving with some overnight camping. My son would love it.

Anyway, I'll shut up now. Thanks for having me!

firelight

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Macon, GA
First Name
Rod
Last Name
Seney
Member #

Newbie here in middle GA. I have a 2016 Chevy 2500 diesel (for pulling our travel trailer), that I bought used last summer before our long camping trip (3,100 miles). I've camped and backpacked for years. Had a 2007 JKU with bead lockers, etc., but want to take a different route and try overlanding.

Pedro6285

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Wilmington, NC
Member #

Hi All,
I live in Durham NC. Grew up in Upstate NY. Spent a lot of time outdoors as a kid fishing, camping, etc. As an adult I sort of lost touch with all of that. In my late 20s bought an old off road rigged Jeep CJ on a lark and had a total blast in it. Then came a kid and out went the Jeep.

Now I am in my mid-40s and the kid is 9. He loves going outdoors. We camp and fish a lot, especially in the National Forests of NC and VA. He even wants to hunt.

Then recently an incredible miracle happened: my wife let me get a 2016 4X4 Tacoma SR5! I am now setting it up as a kind support vehicle for all kinds of outdoor adventures, particularly in the mountains. That said, I want to beef it up for off roading (though I am learning that is a rather complicated discussion in Taco land). Probably lighter offroading (don't see myself becoming, say, a serious rock climber in my dotage) but maybe decent backwoods offroad driving with some overnight camping. My son would love it.

Anyway, I'll shut up now. Thanks for having me!
Hey buddy. Welcome. I’m new also and live in Wilmington, NC.

Let me know if you have any questions regarding parts and setting up the rig for light overlanding. I’d be happy to help.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Reactions: AgingDisgracefully