Member Introductions *NEW MEMBERS INTRODUCE YOURSELF*

• HTML tutorial

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

View attachment 32701 Hi there, Brian aka Beee... New to overlanding but have enjoyed backcountry camping for years. I'm just North of Indianapolis.
I have a couple of rigs that can get me out into the country.
2003 Toyota 4Runner Limited V8 in stock trim
2015 5x8 Hiker Trailer
2004 Suzuki VStrom 1000
Hello Beee and welcome to OB! Nice rigs and trailer! Safe travels man and enjoy those open roads!

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Thanks Jake. Love your Youtube channel been watching it this summer. Sorry to hear about your dad. Prayer for you and your family.
Beee
Thank you, Beee - appreciate the kind words and . I have not made it to IN yet and if you haven’t already, please complete my 50 State Road Trip Questionnaire so I will have your contact info when I’m in your area. I use the completed questionnaires to meet up with the people you see with me in my videos!

Here is the link to the questionnaire which I hope you will complete - https://goo.gl/forms/ZopZP74rkYqGTBhh1

Thank you for your support and following my journey!

Reactions: Jasonb and Roxxie

Beee

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Noblesville, IN
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Ruschak
Member #

Thank you, Beee - appreciate the kind words and . I have not made it to IN yet and if you haven’t already, please complete my 50 State Road Trip Questionnaire so I will have your contact info when I’m in your area. I use the completed questionnaires to meet up with the people you see with me in my videos!

Here is the link to the questionnaire which I hope you will complete - https://goo.gl/forms/ZopZP74rkYqGTBhh1

Thank you for your support and following my journey!
Filled out the 50 State for you. Look forward to an opportunity to meet up. Hard to compare the Midwest with some of the places in your videos out West. But we have some gems hidden along the way.

nTg

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor I

Minnesota
First Name
Nate
Last Name
G
Member #

Joined the site in 2015 and finally just now decided to support and become a member. Not sure what took me so long! Happy to be apart of such an amazing community!!

Jason@ChasingCampfires

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Cloverdale, BC
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Gomes
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
VE7OLB/VA7OLB
Hey everyone, my name is Jason and I'm from Cloverdale, British Columbia and joined up, became a member and a benefactor .
Had a done up JK for overlanding and sold it, cried about it and now in the process of building another.
Love learning about what people are doing to their rigs and cant wait to get back out there

Reactions: Northernlady

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Hey everyone, my name is Jason and I'm from Cloverdale, British Columbia and joined up, became a member and a benefactor .
Had a done up JK for overlanding and sold it, cried about it and now in the process of building another.
Love learning about what people are doing to their rigs and cant wait to get back out there
Hello, Jason and welcome to OB! Nice rig! Safe travels man and enjoy those open roads!

Dave Hughes

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Member #

Joined a few months ago . I was looking to find myself an old J10 Jeep for overlanding, but didn't work out . I have owned Jeeps all my life. Decided to go with a nice 2017 rubicon Hardrock to build an overland rig. Just started building her and will be testing out the new suspension and shocks this weekend. I have a ways to go for completing the build . I will be attending Overland Expo East to look at whats available for gearing up the rest of the way.

I have put a ton of miles on my Jeep already finishing 16 of the eastern Jeep badge of honor Trails.

Im more of a minimalist , but now that wifey has become interested , she is now throwing a curveball at my overlanding approach. We will see what I end up with by October when I have the rig finished.

Attachments

cgoerrissen

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Chatsworth
Member #

View attachment 32635
Just bought my first Jeep-

Owned trucks (GMC and Toyota) before and 1 minivan! LOL Kids are now old enough that momma can go back to her roots!

Total Novice as its been too long since Ive really been out on any trails. Would love any help or even farting around on a weekend sometime in the valley.

Beth Ann

Here is Roxxie before I took her home. She is a week old today! :)
Welcome to the family.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Reactions: Northernlady

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Joined a few months ago . I was looking to find myself an old J10 Jeep for overlanding, but didn't work out . I have owned Jeeps all my life. Decided to go with a nice 2017 rubicon Hardrock to build an overland rig. Just started building her and will be testing out the new suspension and shocks this weekend. I have a ways to go for completing the build . I will be attending Overland Expo East to look at whats available for gearing up the rest of the way.

I have put a ton of miles on my Jeep already finishing 16 of the eastern Jeep badge of honor Trails.

Im more of a minimalist , but now that wifey has become interested , she is now throwing a curveball at my overlanding approach. We will see what I end up with by October when I have the rig finished.
Hey Dave and welcome to OB! Nice looking Rubicon! Safe travels man and enjoy those open roads!

OB 7199

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Englishville, Michigan
Member #

Hello from Michgan. I'm just getting back into over landing, although the we never called it that. I Just picked up a stock 2003 Land Rover discovery 2 that I'm going to t down and then build up. I'm up in Michigans UP now dropping my daughter off at NMU. I wish I had the rig here. My wife and I will get out a do some exploring in our pickup before we head back to Grand Rapids.

I enjoy watching all the vids on YouTube. I'm looking forward to being part of the group.

Mogwai

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Member #

Hello from San Diego. 2013 Land Cruiser that I bought March of 2016 for the purpose of a reliable, comfortable, and capable vehicle that could also be my DD. Taken over dozen trips since getting the truck: Anza Borrego x 5, Easter Sierras/Mammoth/Bishop x2, 10 days across Mojave Trail to Canyonlands to Moab to Zion to Bryce, Pismo Beach for Turf n Surf, and a number of local runs w/ the local TLCA chapter - Beach n Toys.

Next trip I'm planning with the family, which I may look for some input from all of you will be to Southern AZ/NM area over the week of Thanksgiving.

IMG_20170703_202744_922.jpg IMG_20170526_172104-ANIMATION (1).gif

Reactions: PanthurBRZ

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Hi all,

"Rig": 1994, 1.0L Nissan Micra, with shopping trolley roofrack.
Experience: Fairly experienced, just finished a round the world overlanding trip.
View attachment 32736
Hello, Richard and welcome to OB! Hope we get to hear more about your around the world trip! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Northernlady

Rank V
Investor

Trail Blazer III

Prince George, British Columbia, Canada
First Name
Karen
Last Name
Roberts
Member #

Hi all,

"Rig": 1994, 1.0L Nissan Micra, with shopping trolley roofrack.
Experience: Fairly experienced, just finished a round the world overlanding trip.
View attachment 32736
You should write up an article about your adventures. I know many of us would live to read about them!!