Member Introductions *NEW MEMBERS INTRODUCE YOURSELF*

• HTML tutorial

kueb

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Columbus, GA
Member #

15369259_1350688098310011_6587845099919955712_o.jpg Hi, everyone! I don't have a number yet, but I just ordered my emblem, so I'll have one soon!
Current Vehicle: 2009 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport
Previous Vehicle: 2010 Ford Explorer XLT
Experience: Novice. I did a lot of backwoods traveling on old logging roads and ORV trails in the Keweenaw Peninsula in the UP of Michigan, and I've taken some light trails out around Rapid City, South Dakota, but nothing else. Just bought a Subaru to get me through the rest of college with decent gas mileage, so it'll be mostly light trails and hard roads for me until I can save up again and hopefully get myself a 4runner! I'm excited to be a part of this community!

alirawk

Rank I

Contributor III

Hello Everbody

I live in Los Angeles. Spend a lot of time exploring California seeking rocks to climb or roads to rumble over with my wife and dog

My rig, affectionately named "L.A. Fusta" (The Whip), is a 2016 Toyota 4runner TEP. I have done all sorts of mods to it. Bumpers, sliders, skids, suspension, drawers, rack, and all sorts of other bits. Feel free to ask any details.

Even though I only got into off roading last year -- I took to it like a duck to water. We started going on adventures right away and quickly put 20k on the odometer in a year mostly on dirt roads or highways getting us to dirt roads.

Excited to learn more about this hobby and be a part of this community. IMG_8855.JPG IMG_5311.jpgIMG_5581.JPG

bacon_taste

Rank I

Contributor III

Hey all, new member here. New to overlanding and residing in Fresno, CA. Being in the foothills of the Sierras and so close to Yosemite got me interested.

Just got my rig a little over a month ago, 1993 GMC Sierra 1500 Z71. Pretty stock besides billstein shocks, 31" tires, and upgraded rebuilt transmission (blew it 2 days after buying the truck).

First upgrades are going to be a bed tent and lighting.

Theduke

Rank 0

Contributor I

Hey what is going on everyone. I finally joined OB, after a few months of consistently coming back and scrolling through some of the forums on here I decided it was time I joined. So here is some information about myself. I am currently active duty military. I just had to get rid of my baby, a 2014 Tacoma double cab, TRD off-road, W/ snorkel. I'll throw up a few pics of it later. (Found out the wife is pregnant again and needed more room for car seats)

Current rig: 2014 Ram 1500, 5.7l hemi, crew cab, Ranch truck cap. (Named TheDuke, hence my name on here)

Experience: Plenty of off roading while I was stationed in Colorado. Was always up in the mountains in my 2010 F-150 (stock). Camping, Hunting, Fishing. Just really starting to get into the overlanding the past year or two and look forward to modifying the truck (3" suspension lift, front/rear bumpers, sliders, skid plates are first on the list in that order)

I have a home made truck bed trailer that I purchased last summer and am planning to transform that into an adventure trailer or some sorts. Looking forward to getting to know everyone and I will get a picture up of the truck soon.

Cap'n Jack

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Phoenix, AZ, USA
First Name
Jack
Last Name
Blair
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7TCO
Service Branch
Army
Hey Folks! My name is Jack and I have the following setup.
2004 Tacoma Doublecab Shortbed 4x4- CVT Mt. Rainier
Home built trailer, fitted for a rooftop tent - in between tents for the trailer currently
2013 Rav4 AWD - For those trips we want a follow vehicle that stays closer to the road.
Experience, travel is in my blood, my parents took us dispersed camping before I was even born. I've been to South America, Central America, East Asia, and Central Asia and the Middle East.

My sights are set on seeing both poles, north and south and exploring Canada and Patagonia specifically. Also I'd like to explore Arkansas when I get a few spare weeks, the pictures are beautiful.

Currently I'm working overseas for an extended period, but enjoy planning for future endeavors and spending my hard earned money on overlanding gear and property.

Attachments

notarealtruck

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Evans GA
Member #

IMG_1044.JPG
IMG_0713.JPG
A little story of my rig and I. It was my first car, and instead of selling it like a normal human being I made it mine. It was built to be a fast toy and be competitive at SCCA Rally events. It raced, and still races, in the modified rear wheel drive (MR) category and is competitive on faster and rougher courses. Similar to Michael one day I "just threw shit in the back" and went into the woods for a bit. I found I loved it and now I'm hooked. Now I'm here. I do what I can given the limitation of being RWD, but I've found with careful driving and using my recovery boards it'll go almost anywhere I want it to.

finlayforprez

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Member II

Ronks, PA, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
West
Member #

View attachment 15597 Hi, everyone! I don't have a number yet, but I just ordered my emblem, so I'll have one soon!
Current Vehicle: 2009 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport
Previous Vehicle: 2010 Ford Explorer XLT
Experience: Novice. I did a lot of backwoods traveling on old logging roads and ORV trails in the Keweenaw Peninsula in the UP of Michigan, and I've taken some light trails out around Rapid City, South Dakota, but nothing else. Just bought a Subaru to get me through the rest of college with decent gas mileage, so it'll be mostly light trails and hard roads for me until I can save up again and hopefully get myself a 4runner! I'm excited to be a part of this community!
Welcome to OB! You will find some great resources for Subaru owners.

finlayforprez

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Member II

Ronks, PA, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
West
Member #

Hello Everbody

I live in Los Angeles. Spend a lot of time exploring California seeking rocks to climb or roads to rumble over with my wife and dog

My rig, affectionately named "L.A. Fusta" (The Whip), is a 2016 Toyota 4runner TEP. I have done all sorts of mods to it. Bumpers, sliders, skids, suspension, drawers, rack, and all sorts of other bits. Feel free to ask any details.

Even though I only got into off roading last year -- I took to it like a duck to water. We started going on adventures right away and quickly put 20k on the odometer in a year mostly on dirt roads or highways getting us to dirt roads.

Excited to learn more about this hobby and be a part of this community. View attachment 15616 View attachment 15614View attachment 15615
Welcome! That's an awesome 4Runner.

finlayforprez

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Member II

Ronks, PA, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
West
Member #

Hey all, new member here. New to overlanding and residing in Fresno, CA. Being in the foothills of the Sierras and so close to Yosemite got me interested.

Just got my rig a little over a month ago, 1993 GMC Sierra 1500 Z71. Pretty stock besides billstein shocks, 31" tires, and upgraded rebuilt transmission (blew it 2 days after buying the truck).

First upgrades are going to be a bed tent and lighting.

Welcome to OB!

finlayforprez

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Member II

Ronks, PA, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
West
Member #

Rig: 2016 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Premium.
Experience: Camping wise, plenty. Adding my vehicle to the mix or hitting trails...Mark me the FNG on that.

Looking forward to learning, conversating, meeting, and being a part of the community! Got my Runner just for this!
Welcome to OB!

Reactions: SeguineJ

finlayforprez

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Member II

Ronks, PA, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
West
Member #

Hey what is going on everyone. I finally joined OB, after a few months of consistently coming back and scrolling through some of the forums on here I decided it was time I joined. So here is some information about myself. I am currently active duty military. I just had to get rid of my baby, a 2014 Tacoma double cab, TRD off-road, W/ snorkel. I'll throw up a few pics of it later. (Found out the wife is pregnant again and needed more room for car seats)

Current rig: 2014 Ram 1500, 5.7l hemi, crew cab, Ranch truck cap. (Named TheDuke, hence my name on here)

Experience: Plenty of off roading while I was stationed in Colorado. Was always up in the mountains in my 2010 F-150 (stock). Camping, Hunting, Fishing. Just really starting to get into the overlanding the past year or two and look forward to modifying the truck (3" suspension lift, front/rear bumpers, sliders, skid plates are first on the list in that order)

I have a home made truck bed trailer that I purchased last summer and am planning to transform that into an adventure trailer or some sorts. Looking forward to getting to know everyone and I will get a picture up of the truck soon.
Welcome! Would love to see your rig!

Reactions: BobG