• HTML tutorial

ciipress

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Thousand Oaks, CA
Member #

Badged! OB# 3414
Hello from Thousand Oaks, CA! My name is John, new to OB but overland for quite some time.
I come from an FJ family (3 FJ60's, BJ60 Dakar and an FJ55) but have been enjoying my '07 Tacoma DCSB as of late. Minimally modified so far but the toys are coming!
Very excited to see where this road goes!

finlayforprez

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Member II

Ronks, PA, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
West
Member #

Badged! OB# 3414
Hello from Thousand Oaks, CA! My name is John, new to OB but overland for quite some time.
I come from an FJ family (3 FJ60's, BJ60 Dakar and an FJ55) but have been enjoying my '07 Tacoma DCSB as of late. Minimally modified so far but the toys are coming!
Very excited to see where this road goes!
Welcome to OB! Best of luck with the modifications and hope to see some photos. This is a great group with lots of resources for Tacomas.

OhioJeff

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Akron,Ohio
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE8LJW
Jeff here, located in northeast Ohio. Sorry, don't have any pics of my rig yet, but it's a new to me, bone stock 2014 4runner trail I just picked up last week. New to overloading but I've done a lot of glamping, looking forward to getting off the beaten path. Did plenty of dirt bike and quad riding and even some dune buggies when I was younger, but don't have much 4x4 off road experience. Not sure how much of that previous experience will transfer though. Once I get my gear and rig together, I'm hoping to tag along with some more experienced overlanders the first couple of trips, would be nice to have someone there to say "I wouldn't do that if I were you". Just to keep me from doing something foolish :-).

Ganja_Overland

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Monroe, Wa
Member #

Rig: 2000 Toyota 4Runner Lifted, Locked, Tented, Armored.
Overland Experience: I consider myself a novice "overlander" I've wheeled in probably every environment from snow, sand, rocks, mud, tropical, open desert, logging roads. a little of everything! I've adventured all over Washington and Southern California......But yet to do Mojave Rd!

Attachments

Mvan49

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

Edmonton, Alberta
Member #

New Members,

Welcome to the Overland Bound community! Please take a few moments to introduce yourself so we can get to know you!

A few things you might want to include in your introduction are:

1) Picture! If you have a rig, we want to see it!
2) Location (General area is fine)
3) Rig (Year, Make, Model, etc.)
4) Overlanding Experience Background (Novice or Experienced, you're welcome here!)

We're glad you've found us and look forward to sharing our adventures with you!

In addition to getting to know you, here are the guideline sent to all Moderators of the forums. It's a natural reflection of our community, and what Overland Bound is all about:

From @administrator
  • Overlanding is: "Vehicle Dependent Travel". Nothing else.
  • We will not further define "overlanding".
  • "Capable" depends on the requirements of the trip, and we take that very seriously.
  • You are an Overlander: Overlanding is for everyone who has exploration and adventure in their heart, or, who need to be reinvigorated by connecting with nature. Nature is unforgiving. You must rise to a certain level of personal awareness to survive. Sound right? Overlanding is for you.
  • Encourage uncomplicated ventures into the great outdoors. Don't over pack.
  • Be prepared, and understand basic requirements. Question folks, to be sure they are aware of what is required. Don't assume.
  • Share without reservation, trip locations, and information.
  • It doesn't matter what you drive: The only requirement of an Overlander is that the vehicle serves the job required, safely.
  • We do not care about make or model.
  • We do not engage in "this is better than that" competitions.
  • We DO give advice about how to make your vehicle ready for what you need. Share knowledge.
  • Humility.
  • We respect, fear, and protect nature.
  • "I don't know" is a great answer.
  • We don’t brag about exploits.
  • We seek answers from the community when we don’t

Mvan49

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

Edmonton, Alberta
Member #

Hi Marty
Location Edmonton, Alberta Canada
Rig 2006 Titan, Purchased this truck 7 years ago and beginning its transformation for new adventures.
Overlander Experience. My wife and I and our two dogs want to do a lot more random camping. This seems to be a perfect next step to enjoy the outdoors.

Shout out to 410, your vids on YouTube are how I found this community.

Cheers

Kyle Collins

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor II

Fort Collins, CO
First Name
Kyle
Last Name
Collins
Member #

Kyle here,

I live in central Illinois. I'm surrounded by flat fields. I would say I'm moderately experienced in off roading and new to overlanding. My friend and I take trips to the Badlands off road park in Indiana and have a blast there. I take every dirt and gravel road I can find even if it's out of the way. I have a slightly modified '99 Toyota 4runner with full length skids, 2 inch lift, and too many other little things. My friend and I just did 1/3 of the Trans Wisconsin Adventure Trail route in single digit temps (here a link to the vid.... ) . That was our first overland trip, and we were hooked instantly. Love being a part of a smaller community of like minded individuals. Adventure and exploration is something I can't pass up. I enjoy tent camping, I'm an avid mountain biker, and I like backpacking too.

Attachments

Kyle Collins

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor II

Fort Collins, CO
First Name
Kyle
Last Name
Collins
Member #

Rig: 2000 Toyota 4Runner Lifted, Locked, Tented, Armored.
Overland Experience: I consider myself a novice "overlander" I've wheeled in probably every environment from snow, sand, rocks, mud, tropical, open desert, logging roads. a little of everything! I've adventured all over Washington and Southern California......But yet to do Mojave Rd!
Love your rig. Looks sharp!

Reactions: finlayforprez

Scout

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Jamestown,NY
Member #

Hi all..My name is Kevin, but I'll go by Scout as a user name.. I guess I'm the newest to join in on the "movement".

I'm in Jamestown,NY.. 1 hr south of Buffalo and about 10 minutes from the PA line.. My "rig" is a 1966 Scout 800 on a 1970 chassis. It has a '72 Chevy blazer 350 and 4 spd manual tranny and transfer case. Dana 44's front and rear from a newer Scout II. 4 wheel disc brakes, Auto Meter gauges. I built a custom s/s 25 gallon fuel tank. It rolls on 33" Super Swamper TrXus tores and steel wheels.. Its not complete yet and I'm purpose building it for overland exploration around NY,PA,OH and who knows where else...

Not much vehicle overlanding experience.. I'm an avid hunter, I snowshoe, I used to have 4 wheelers {now a side by side}. Back in the mid 1990's I used to have an '87 Toyota truck we'd wheel in..I also hike a lot and have done overnights..I also have a 1990 Jeep YJ sitting on 33's {redundancy}.. I have equipment knowledge but I'll have to "fine tune" how the Scout will be self sufficient..

Dana Ramos

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Alta, WY
First Name
Dana
Last Name
Ramos
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7EXK

Hey there folks,

My name is Dana.

I live near Alta, WY which is on the Wyoming-Idaho border, aka Wydaho.

My rig is an '06 Jeep Commander HEMI. It has an OME HD lift, JBA UCAs, KMC XD wheels, 32" DuraTrac tires, a Superchips tuner, and a few other performance mods. I bought it at the beginning of the summer after my '05 WK started falling apart. The previous owner blew the motor and replaced it with a brand new 2010. He also rebuilt the trans and diffs while he had it apart so I'm hoping this one lasts for a while. I've been busy working on the suspension upgrades mostly so haven't done much else to it yet, but I plan on adding WAM bumpers w/a winch and spare carrier as soon as I can. I have a Hiker Trailer 5x9 Offroad squaretrop.

My lady and our wirehaired pointer Clark get out and explore the western Wyoming , southeast Idaho, and southwest Montana on the weekends and take a couple of bigger trips every year. Last year it was Fruita/Moab and central Oregon, the year before it was the northern California and southern Oregon coast. Still trying to figure out what to do for our time off in May but northern Arizona and OE West are high on the list.

Anyway, I've been following the OB adventures on YouTube and Instagram for the last couple years but just got around to checking out the website and joining the forums and had to buy a badge. Stoked to be a member!

Website | Instagram

Last edited:

JKHiredGun

Rank I
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Richmond, Va
First Name
Rick
Last Name
Nunya
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KB2JLG
Hello, another Jeep Commander owner here!

Both of my current rigs are 06 XKs. One is a 4.7L and the other is a Hemi. The 4.7 has a 3" leveling spacer lift, 265/70/17 Nitto Ridge Grapplers on Pro Comp La Paz wheels. Upgraded struts/shocks, and an Aries pushbar/grille guard. The Hemi is currently being built up for an upcoming Utah trip, all the parts except for the lift have been delivered...it looks like a 4WheelParts store exploded in my garage!! It will have a CB Engineering coilover lift kit with remote reservoir Fox shocks, CBE upper and lower rear control arms, Rocky Road Outfitters front UCA's and adjustable rear track bar, CBE heim joint tie rod ends, JBA/4xGuard full Matrix front bumper, front guard, and belly guard, rock and rear sliders, Mopar skid plates, Steel Armadillo driver and passenger AC line covers and diff cover. I will probably swap the wheels and tires over from the 4.7, but I'm considering going to 285/70/17's on the "new" XK.

I have relatively limited Overland experience, but have been offroading for about 6 years in Va and NC. Looking forward to heading out to Utah this spring and putting in some serious miles offroad in the backcountry.

VMUtility

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Horseheads, NY
Member #

Hey all! New member #2800 here,

We're from a small town in the finger lakes region of Upstate, NY.

I'm the third generation keeper of a small family owned automotive business, recently we're combining our love of everything outdoors with the auto industry. Selling and installing aftermarket accessories and exploration gear to our customers, friends and family while promoting travel in Upstate NY and the Adirondacks.

We've just started forming relationships with our suppliers and distributors and we're having a blast with the response we've taken in so far.

We'll be building a 2013 Nissan Xterra Pro4X 6-speed for our "shop" rig and we're excited to put it through the test. Just picked it up last week, let the fun begin!

We'll be recording information on installs, customer rigs and all of our own travels.

Did I mention we'll be traveling with our, currently, 10 month old son!? I'll be trying to add helpful hints of fun family activities along the way to keep the little explorers satisfied, healthy and active!

Looking forward to meeting this awesome community we've watched so much of on YouTube, Hey thanks for all the helpful tips Michael!

Dustin, Kierin, Mason and Dino (our 4lb adventure pup)

Sent from my iPad using OB Talk

Mando147

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

Alice, Texas
First Name
Armando
Last Name
Rodriguez
Member #

20170128_151006.jpg Hi ya'll, 2588 from South Texas here never really post but here it goes. The rig is a 2016 4runner trail premium. Some mods like 3 inch OME lift,front runner slimline full roof rack 285/75/17 ko2's and more on the way. Novice when it comes to overlanding but that's why I'm here. Thanks everyone

Zachary Smith

Rank 0

Contributor I

Quincy il
Member #

Hello ob members, my name is Zach im from quincy, il in the US. I have been a member since december. I have a 96 jeep xj with 3inch lift and 31 inch tires, looking to do some more changes to the jeep this coming summer while i have some down time from hunting!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using OB Talk mobile app

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using OB Talk mobile app