Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Reno
Well, this is us...

user122_pic4472_1449590337 by cobblecrazy, on Flickr

And the third part of our equation

user122_pic4522_1449590337 by cobblecrazy, on Flickr

Current Vehicle: 2016 Toyota 4Runner Trail Edition
Experience: Varies with type of vehicle. Lots with bikes, motorcycles, and on foot. Explored much of the Nevada and Eastern Sierra/California Coast's backcountry with all of those, and some of that by vehicle. Grew up in Alaska and Northern Washington State so lots of travel there. Explored some of Utah and Wyoming, but want to do more. Learning more and more about the vehicles, but still much more to learn.

Some previous builds

user122_pic4469_1449590337 by cobblecrazy, on Flickr

user122_pic4599_1449590337_zpsavyofzom by cobblecrazy, on Flickr

user122_pic4617_1449590337 by cobblecrazy, on Flickr

In addition to starting a build on the 4Runner, this is our newest endeavor

50681708677__477D494F-45E2-4340-BBD4-91AACB074613 by cobblecrazy, on Flickr

Oh yeah, this is the 4Runner as of now:

IMG_6073 by cobblecrazy, on Flickr

Got my Yakima stuff attached, then changed out the wheels from stock, and put 275/70/17 BFG KO2's on. Suspension is next. Thinking about a hidden winch mount, or the Southern Style front bumper/winch mount.

Last edited:

finlayforprez

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Member II

Massachusetts, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
West
Member #

Thank you, Sir! I appreciate the warm welcome. Your LR is amazing, actually gave us the original inspiration to up fit our RRS after seeing it on Instagram a while back. Look forward to keeping in touch, and possibly seeing you on the trails one day! Cheers-
Thanks so much for the kind words. I am honored and humbled to have given you the inspiration. So glad to catch up on here and connect. Talk soon!

finlayforprez

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Member II

Massachusetts, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
West
Member #

Well, this is us...

And the third part of our equation

Current Vehicle: 2016 Toyota 4Runner Trail Edition
Experience: Varies with type of vehicle. Lots with bikes, motorcycles, and on foot. Explored much of the Nevada and Eastern Sierra/California Coast's backcountry with all of those, and some of that by vehicle. Grew up in Alaska and Northern Washington State so lots of travel there. Explored some of Utah and Wyoming, but want to do more. Learning more and more about the vehicles, but still much more to learn.

Some previous builds

In addition to starting a build on the 4Runner, this is our newest endeavor

This is an awesome intro post and photos.... welcome!!!!

CM_USMC707

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Healdsburg, CA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Meza
Member #

Service Branch
USMC
Hey everyone.

New to the forum, waiting on my OB# and emblem. I am new to the overland community but excited to see what's in store. I won't be getting out doing any hardcore crawling, but excited to get outdoors and push my Jeep Cherokee KL to it's limits.

I wanted to get into the overland community as I have recently become a new dad, hopefully by the time my son is old enough to go out camping, hiking, etc. I will have a few notches in my belt and we can have a hell of a time!

Looking forward to all of the tips, hints and advice you guys have!

Cherokee.jpg

Jeff Neese

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Carrollton, Georgia
Member #

Looking forward to sharing our adventures and gaining experience from all of the Overland Bound members. This is our 2003 Ford Excursion Limited 4x4 with the V10 engine. We use it for road & offroad camping. Inside has been customized to include a double bed, storage, ability to utilize AC when access to power or using motor generator. We live west of Atlanta Georgia between Villa Rica and Carrollton.
WP_20160320_06_50_58_Pro.jpg IMG_8638 (2).JPG IMG_4585 (2).JPG

Attachments

Stevenson

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Noblesville, Indiana
Member #

Noblesville, Indiana
2017 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off Road
Overlanding Experience Background-Novice...always learning!
K9DUD

Hi There! I discovered Overlanding a few years ago and was hooked. I am a recovering Jeep guy who had a pretty nicely outfitted rig but life got in the way (also had tons of quality Jeep/Chrysler issues) and sold it. Now I am Toyota guy. I just bought a 2017 Taco TRD Off Road and am starting the process of outfitting it. I look forward to being a part of the OB community and hopefully getting outside with some of you!

File Jan 26, 8 53 28 PM.png Greensboro, North Carolina
2016 Toyota 4Runner Trail
Novice Adventurer new to overlanding and trail riding

Just a college boy that loves the outdoors! Love to travel and to see what more the world can offer. Hoping in joining this community I can learn more about overlanding and pursue my passion for enjoying life, that being in the outdoors. New to the whole overland aspect but really love what it is about, hopefully plan to go out on more trips as life has me pretty busy, so overlanding will be my escape! Hope to meet some of the members here soon, gonna be joining officially as a member soon...

Colorado Yeti

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

Fort Collins, Colorado
Member #

Welcome! Love your username! It's always such an adventure starting with a stock vehicle and putting in the research and work. Great having you here!
Thank you. It's been fun so far and I'm looking forward to the support of this community. I'm sure I'll get a lot of guidance along the journey. I'm happy with the "stage 1" modifications and making it a little more capable of the Colorado backcountry. The kids are excited too and are associating the Jeep with adventure. It's great.

finlayforprez

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Member II

Massachusetts, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
West
Member #

Been lurking for a while, finally joined up for real this week. OB# 3658

How do I get it to show up as a badge now or does it take a couple days?

Will post up an abbreviated build thread this weekend.
Welcome! Not sure what you mean by show up as a badge? You mean an icon? Looking forward to seeing your build thread!

finlayforprez

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Member II

Massachusetts, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
West
Member #

Hey everyone.

New to the forum, waiting on my OB# and emblem. I am new to the overland community but excited to see what's in store. I won't be getting out doing any hardcore crawling, but excited to get outdoors and push my Jeep Cherokee KL to it's limits.

I wanted to get into the overland community as I have recently become a new dad, hopefully by the time my son is old enough to go out camping, hiking, etc. I will have a few notches in my belt and we can have a hell of a time!

Looking forward to all of the tips, hints and advice you guys have!

View attachment 14973
Welcome Chris! Awesome vehicle. If you look at my Instagram (@finlayforprez) I posted some cool photos and videos of a trip I took with a Jeep Cherokee trailhawk and it was awesome. They are so amazingly capable and cool!!!

finlayforprez

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Member II

Massachusetts, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
West
Member #

Noblesville, Indiana
2017 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off Road
Overlanding Experience Background-Novice...always learning!
K9DUD

Hi There! I discovered Overlanding a few years ago and was hooked. I am a recovering Jeep guy who had a pretty nicely outfitted rig but life got in the way (also had tons of quality Jeep/Chrysler issues) and sold it. Now I am Toyota guy. I just bought a 2017 Taco TRD Off Road and am starting the process of outfitting it. I look forward to being a part of the OB community and hopefully getting outside with some of you!

Man I love your rig! Welcome!!!!

CM_USMC707

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Healdsburg, CA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Meza
Member #

Service Branch
USMC
Welcome Chris! Awesome vehicle. If you look at my Instagram (@finlayforprez) I posted some cool photos and videos of a trip I took with a Jeep Cherokee trailhawk and it was awesome. They are so amazingly capable and cool!!!

@finlayforprez thanks for the warm welcome.. hopefully soon I'll have a lift for the KL (can't decide between DIY spacers, MFC offroad kit or Dobinsons kit)

I'll send you a follow on instagram!!

Reactions: finlayforprez

Dave Rooney

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Oakville - Canada
Member #

Hi - Dave starting off here today!
I am currently based in Ontario Canada - moved my family over from South Africa (so happy to give out tips to anyone on South African trips!-
Significant African overland experience - have not done any North American Overland, but looking at doing a road trip this summer.
I currently own a 2010 LR4 which I am in the process of kitting out. I also have a new stock '16 Jeep JK (3-door) which is just a fun car to have!

finlayforprez

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Member II

Massachusetts, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
West
Member #

Hi - Dave starting off here today!
I am currently based in Ontario Canada - moved my family over from South Africa (so happy to give out tips to anyone on South African trips!-
Significant African overland experience - have not done any North American Overland, but looking at doing a road trip this summer.
I currently own a 2010 LR4 which I am in the process of kitting out. I also have a new stock '16 Jeep JK (3-door) which is just a fun car to have!
Welcome!!! So nice seeing another LR4 guy here - very cool! I have an LR4 as well. Can't wait to see photos and hear more about your adventures.