• HTML tutorial

Christian

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

Duesseldorf, Germany
Member #

A big hello from Europe!

1) Picture, will add one when the cube (that's what we call it tenderly) is ready. By now, I only fitted wheels, aux battery and solar system.
2) Europe, Germany, Northrhine-Westfalia, Duesseldorf
3) MY08 LR3 2.7TDV6 (yeah, we can buy these over here)
4) I know a thing or two. Did a lot of overlanding in our previous TJ and Niva. Now we got more space :-)

Last edited:

finlayforprez

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Member II

Massachusetts, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
West
Member #

A big hello from Europe!

1) Picture, will add one when the cube (that's what we call it tenderly) is ready. By now, I only fitted wheels, aux battery and solar system.
2) Europe, Germany, Northrhine-Westfalia, Duesseldorf
3) MY08 LR3 2.7TDV6 (yeah, we can buy these over here)
4) I know a thing or two. Did a lot of overlanding in our previous TJ and Niva. Now we got more space :-)
Welcome, Christian! Can't wait to see photos of your vehicles. Great to have you here!

Reactions: RealMcCoy

SlashX

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Pico Rivea, Ca
First Name
Slash
Last Name
MrX
Member #

Hello
I joined the site to share information.
I'm not sure if my experience counts as overland but I go dry camping/dirt bike riding in Ca BLM, about 5-8 times a year. I also take weekend trips to paid campsites and use a pop up tent trailer.

I have 2 autos a 2015 2500HD Silverado and a 2008 Tacoma (2nd gen) both semi off road ready. I don't explore as much as I have in the past. But I still go out.

I'm looking forward to meeting some of you.

I'm in SoCal
SlashX
OB#3551

Christian

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

Duesseldorf, Germany
Member #

thanks for being welcome! in advance, in case anyone wants to know, here's the short list of mods and mods to come:

done
- 17" dotz steel rims with 245/70R75 discoverer st/maxx (to be replaced by bfg ko2 at)
- main battery 90Ah supported by a second 60Ah battery (permanently connected with 50sqmm)
- 90Ah gel deep cycle battery in the back, connected to main circuit by an intelligent relay
- 2x 100W solar panels on ordinary thule roof bars, charging the deep cycle battery via MPPT charge controller
- 180W 230V (europe) inverter to charge devices (camera, macbook etc.)
- battery monitor (connected to 500A shunt at the aux battery) in the front dome light
- fuel burn heater upgraded to remote controller engine heater by using webasto thermo call (w-bus interface)

the aux battery, relay, MPPT charger, inverter and shunt are hidden behind the rear left quarter trim. if anyone wants pictures of the build, let me know.

still to come (in order of importance)
- arb awning 2500 including room with floor (you will love my idea of the brackets to mount it to the roof bars)
- 4 roof lights (flood, adjusted for at least 180° coverage)
- 104 long ranger aux tank replacing spare wheel, spare wheel carrier on the back
- front winch behind factory bumper (without the ugly factory a-frame!)

before anyone asks: no. no equipment that is not necessarily needed if you got the right tires and driving skills, such as steel bumpers reducing MPGs .. though the air suspension would make the fitting more easy than on coil sprung vehicles ..

Last edited:

Francisr20

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

Los Angeles, CA
Member #

731D25A9-ECA5-4A0A-869E-2A74A7978864.JPG 07D2C227-8465-4A93-883A-779A95DAE038.JPG Hello,
My name is Francis and I'm from Los Angeles, CA. Very excited to be a part of this community with fellow adventure seekers. My rigs are badged and ready for an adventure! Thanks for reading!

Attachments

Colorado Yeti

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

Fort Collins, Colorado
Member #

New member @Colorado Yeti (OB 3434) here and excited to be a part of this community. Here's a bit of info about me.
Rig: 1997 Jeep XJ. Bought the Jeep from a co-worker (original owner) about a year ago in stock condition. It's been fun to build it up a bit more over the past year with some modest suspension, lighting and communication upgrades.
Experience: I've been camping since I was a kid and have done quite a bit of camping with my wife and kids (campground and dry camping with a pop-up), but am fairly new to the 4x4 world. I'm looking forward to this community and learning from all of your knowledge and experience.
image.jpg

Last edited:

finlayforprez

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Member II

Massachusetts, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
West
Member #

Hello all, new member here #3378
I own a 2105 4Runner Trail and am looking forward to getting it outfitted for some nice rides. Would like some advice from any other 5 gen 4Runner owners out there.
Thanks!
welcome! You will find lots of information, resources, and help for 4Runners - it's a very popular platform.

Reactions: BobG

finlayforprez

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Member II

Massachusetts, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
West
Member #

New member @Colorado Yeti (OB 3434) here and excited to be a part of this community. Here's a bit of info about me.
Rig: 1997 Jeep XJ. Bought the Jeep from a co-worker (original owner) about a year ago in stock condition. It's been fun to build it up a bit more over the past year with some modest suspension, lighting and communication upgrades.
Experience: I've been camping since I was a kid and have done quite a bit of camping with my wife and kids (campground and dry camping with a pop-up), but am fairly new to the 4x4 world. I'm looking forward to this community and learning from all of your knowledge and experience.
Welcome! Love your username! It's always such an adventure starting with a stock vehicle and putting in the research and work. Great having you here!

finlayforprez

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Member II

Massachusetts, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
West
Member #

Hello
I joined the site to share information.
I'm not sure if my experience counts as overland but I go dry camping/dirt bike riding in Ca BLM, about 5-8 times a year. I also take weekend trips to paid campsites and use a pop up tent trailer.

I have 2 autos a 2015 2500HD Silverado and a 2008 Tacoma (2nd gen) both semi off road ready. I don't explore as much as I have in the past. But I still go out.

I'm looking forward to meeting some of you.

I'm in SoCal
SlashX
OB#3551
Welcome SlashX! Great having you here!

Reactions: SlashX

finlayforprez

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Member II

Massachusetts, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
West
Member #

New member and pretty much a rank amateur to serious overlanding but looking forward to getting out there to explore some more. Owner of a stock '04 Land Cruiser sans running boards. Great stuff in the forums and really enjoyed the 'Unperfect Moab' video!

Parker, CO
Welcome! Looking forward to seeing photos of your Land Cruiser. Love the mid-2000s! [emoji1303]

Reactions: RealMcCoy

Adventure-Yeti

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Cypress, California
Member #

Hey Matthew.... Welcome to OB! It's great having you here and wow, such great rigs!!! I really love your 4Runner and RRS - both so awesome. Love seeing a Toyota/Land Rover family! ;-) Looking forward to keeping in touch.
Thank you, Sir! I appreciate the warm welcome. Your LR is amazing, actually gave us the original inspiration to up fit our RRS after seeing it on Instagram a while back. Look forward to keeping in touch, and possibly seeing you on the trails one day! Cheers-