Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

First Name
Egan
Last Name
Burgess
Member #

Afternoon, Cody, I too am new to the community and look forward to learning more about Overland concepts and techniques. I live in Eugene,
Oregon and own an '02 Ford Excursion with the Triton V10 which has proven to be a quite capable and rugged vehicle for getting out and about in all the outdoor variety that Oregon has to offer. I have slowly been outfitting my rig with the staples of self rescue, solar power, and expedition camping accessories. I get out with the motorcycle or driftboat as often as possible. I look forward to learning more and meeting you all out there....somewhere!
Another Excursion owner, welcome.

Reactions: SLO Rob

Egan

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

First Name
Egan
Last Name
Burgess
Member #

Hey Guys, New to the forums.
Let me introduce myself,
You can call me Alex, I'm located in the Central Valley of California. I'm relatively new to the idea of overlanding. I really like the message that this community is getting across about the topic. My favorite thing to do on the weekend is to spend a night along side the lake while doing some fishing. Love the seclusion of the forest and the idea of being out there alone yet self sufficient and prepared.

Rig: 2003 Dodge Durango 4.7L 4wd
To bad the Street Market took to these vehicles and not so much the Off Road Market. Parts are hard to find, especially since its a 13 year old model. But these things will surprise you.
Any ways, that's basically me.
View attachment 8290
What part of the Central Valley are you in?

ManWithJeep

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

New York
First Name
Aaron
Last Name
Aaa
Member #

Another new guy here. I'm Aaron from NY, about an hour north of NYC. My ultimate goal is to do the length of the Trans America Trail. Lots to learn before that though. I went to AOAA last year and got hooked, taking a few more trips this year starting in March. I'm about 3 hours away from there but it's worth the drive. I hear they've created an overland-style loop this year, looking forward to that. Anyway, here's my XJ Cherokee:

It's actually my second XJ. I built this black one last year, but just sold it to a buddy:

Anyway, happy to be here!

Last edited:

FN-2187

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Irvine, CA, USA
First Name
Gerhard
Last Name
Erdelji
Member #

Greetings. Meet Finn my completely new, completely stock 2017 TRD Pro Tacoma. This was last weekend out by Snoqualmie Pass with maybe 40 miles on it and its first trip off tarmac. I plan on taking things slow, learning from these groups, maybe asking some questions, acquiring some gear, and getting out and exploring the pacific Northwest. I'm Gerhard from Seattle by way of Southern California. I have no real overloading experience to speak of, but I plan on changing that.

IMG_1995.JPG

GFB_Steve

Rank III

Off-Road Ranger I

CA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
gfb
Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6WJH
Hi All,

SteveG here from GoFastBroncos.com. I am a long-time Desert Racing enthusiast that also has a soft spot for all things Overland. While I sold my Bronco a few years ago, I generally get my off-road and go-fast cravings out of my system through work (quite the bonus, yes) but the bug is still there to finish something for myself. I'm a I-Beam/Twin Traction Beam guy to the core, so even though it's not your typical "Overland" vehicle, my current vehicle of choice is a first-generation 4WD Explorer with a manual trans. The current plan is to give it a very mild suspension treatment to increase travel, add some good shocks and valving to soak up some bigger hits and add some accessories that make outings more enjoyable.

The other plan is to resist installing all the full-size Bronco suspension conversion kit I have 90% of the parts with... trying to keep it simple, Stupid. We'll see.

It's great to be here... looking forward to reading up on the forum.

Everyone likes a photo, so here's one from Rally In The Pines last year. No, not Overland but, yes. A lot of great, exploring fun!

RallyInThePines2016.JPG

Defender 90 Keith

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Plymstock, Plymouth, UK
First Name
Keith
Last Name
Pierce
Member #

Hey newbie here, just received my membership number via email. my name is Keith and my pride and joy is a Land Rover Defender 90. I am part way to kitting it out the way I really want. I still have some way to go but finances are holding me back. Being ex-Armed Forces I have been very lucky to have travelled to a significant number of places. Now I want to see the places I never got to. as you can see from my avatar my sleeping a range mens are a Tentipi Safir7 . It's so quick and easy to put up. I am just about to buy the optional porch to gI've me more storage space. my next trip is forecast for early Summer. anyway I best be off to work.

Polaris Overland

Ambassador, Europe

Pioneer I

Newtonhill, Stonehaven, Aberdeenshire, UK
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Spinks
Member #

Service Branch
Royal Navy Veteran
Hey newbie here, just received my membership number via email. my name is Keith and my pride and joy is a Land Rover Defender 90. I am part way to kitting it out the way I really want. I still have some way to go but finances are holding me back. Being ex-Armed Forces I have been very lucky to have travelled to a significant number of places. Now I want to see the places I never got to. as you can see from my avatar my sleeping a range mens are a Tentipi Safir7 . It's so quick and easy to put up. I am just about to buy the optional porch to gI've me more storage space. my next trip is forecast for early Summer. anyway I best be off to work.
Glad to see another Defender joining up and ex forces too [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

TerryD

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Covington, Virginia, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
R
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KT4OZ
Hello everyone! I'm Terry from Covington, Va and I'm a novice by all accounts. I've been camping, I'm a member of a local off-road club and we've taken weekend camping trips to places like Uwharrie, NC and Harlan, KY and tent camped but that was just me and a buddy in his F150 truggy and what we could strap to the bed. Cooking hot dogs over fires and eating pop-tarts for breakfast. However, the wife and I both enjoy camping and traveling and with 3 kids, are wanting to get them outside and enjoy the world around us more.

So, the vehicle is a 2007 Xterra S. Stock right now but some mods to come as budget allows. My wife started back to school in the fall and that's kinda cramped our budget for unnecessary vehicle mods. Not a bad start, bought it from a friend with a rebuilt transmission (SMOD) and have been doing some general maintenance to it as we go. It's my DD and I have a dedicated wheeler already (double locked K5 Blazer on 35s, clocked t-case, almost flat belly, still working on shifter/exhaust) so the Xterra will stay pretty mild.

I picked up my 3rd week of vacation at work this year (8 years) and we've decided to spend that week on the road visiting people and places we've been saying we would for a while now. I'll get into more detail about that later though. I was on ExPo but I didn't find it that nurturing to novices and found out about this forum and thought I'd give it a shot.

I'm in industrial Instrumentation as a profession at the local paper mill and grew up on a farm with a GM trained ASE certified mechanic and industrial maintenance worker for a Dad. I'm also a Ham, KJ4TOZ, as well as a general tinkerer. Hope to learn a lot and be of some use around here in the future. :sunglasses:

Vader_Runner

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Evanston, IL
Member #

Hey all, My name is Jay (OB#3198)
Current Vehicle: 2008 Toyota FJC Trail Teams
I have always been a fan of overlanding. I picked up my FJ down in Iowa in 2012 and set the hook. I'm looking forward to what OB has to offer.
My vehicle mod/tweak and trip bucket list seems to grow almost daily!
Currently looking to do the Trans Wisconsin Adventure Trail this coming spring, Black hills again soon and a return to the Bighorns and Wyoming in fall.
I am in chicago and plan on running the trail in mid-May, maybe we connect?

Teh_Viking

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Ventura Ca
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Roosendahl
Member #

Greets,
My name is Steve and I am from Oklahoma City I drive a modded 2015 Subaru Outback 3.6r Limited and pull a TCTeardrops 5X10 Trailer. I'm experienced at overlanding using car/tent camping. but just recently upgraded to pulling an offroad teardrop trailer View attachment 14103(loving it).

Outback Mods:
+2" Anderson Design & Fab lift
+3" RalliTeck overload springs on the rear and soon some offroadsubaru.com front +1.5" springs.
Primitive Racing full body armor kit (skid, mid and diff)
Rolla roof basket and extension
Yakima spare tire mount and bike mount on basket
ARB Awning
ARB Bushranger X-Jack
Air compressor and recovery tools
Lamin-X Fog lens covers
LED bulbs everywhere I could put them
Full 30% tint
Subaru WRX wheels (17") with oversized BFG KO2 245/65 tires and full size spare
Toklift Central EcoHitch
Tekonsha Prodigy P3 brake controller
7pin/4pin trailer lighting/braking connector and wiring
modified rear control and trailing arms (beefed up with welded bar stock)
CUSTOM DESERT PINSTRIPING! +5XP

2016 TCTeardrops Custom 5x10 trailer (bought their demo model)
Off Road Extreme Package (upgraded torsion axle, bigger wheels/tires, Jeep fenders and LockNRoll articulating hitch)
Foxwing awning
Rhinorack SunseekerAwning with Base Tent
Yakima Road Warrior with extension
Hi-Lift Patriot
80W solar with controller, batt, 12V system
LED Rock lights
LED roof flood ligts
Rotopax X4 for H2O and x2 for Gas
Yakima shovel/axe mounts
60" Aluminum toolbox
5G Solar RoadShower on rack
12V fan
Mr. Heater Buddy propane spaceheater
75Q Grizzly Cooler
Cutlery Drawer
l10V shore power outlet
Leveling Jacks and hitch steps all around

View attachment 14106
That is an awesome setup, my friend has a '15 outback and I cant wait till he gets a lift and better tires.

Reactions: SureNSteady

SureNSteady

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Branson, MO, Branson, MO, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
D
Member #

That is an awesome setup, my friend has a '15 outback and I cant wait till he gets a lift and better tires.
Thanks Bro. I'm no 4x4'er, but the first time I took the Outback to Big Bend NP and hit the unmaintained back roads I was hooked...that was bone stock with less than 1,000 miles on the clock. Two years later already almost 40K miles and at least 2K of those crawling on dirt/rocks!

Reactions: 4mikerunner

TerryD

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Covington, Virginia, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
R
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KT4OZ
I hate they stopped making the Xterra's. I'm new to this stuff also , and learning as I go

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using OB Talk mobile app
I hadn't realized they killed it off until I after I bought this one. I like mine but they were in an odd market I think. Even so, the solid rear axle and availability of lifts sold me on it. I can lift it a little and throw some larger tires under it easy enough and then gear lower later without much hassle. Like I said, it's my DD so I'm looking to keep it as worry free as possible.

I like roaming the back roads, but haven't done much in recent years and I wanted to change that with this vehicle. Guess we'll see how it turns out!

Reactions: MBroenkow

Laughing Otter

Rank VI
Founder 500
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

13973 State Hwy 112, Sekiu, WA, USA
First Name
Ansa
Last Name
Langer
Member #

Hello - I got here somewhat by accident... I previously drove a '99 Escalade as my daily driver which recently deteriorated to the point where I urgently needed to replace it. I searched high and low for a 4Runner but they are going for a premium in my area so I found a Discovery 2 (with relatively low miles) which the previous owner had invested in suspension, tires, rack, lights, and bumpers. Now I'm learning about the world of Land Rover's and especially the Discovery 2. Looking forward to connecting with OB folks in my area.

1) Picture: Attached (and as soon as I have one off pavement I'll update :grimacing:)
2) Snohomish County, WA
3) Land Rover Discovery 2, 2001
4) Overlanding Experience Background: Novice

Welcome to the brotherhood!

4TrekR

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Atlanta GA
Member #

Hi all - just recently received my member number (#2684) so thought it time to check in properly. Name is Peter and am in the Atlanta area.
Variety of off-road/ rough road (in some of the places I have driven, it is kinda hard to tell the difference) experience over the years but vehicle mostly toy transport & flying machine for my dogs at the moment.
Driving 2011 4Runner TE, minimal mods, but more planned.

4Runner & Yaks 2014 (b).jpg

Wryly06_21_12_0.JPG

Conrad318

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

Hi all,
My name is Has. Laura (my wife) and I live in Miami ( unfortunately ). She's from Chicago and I'm originally from Morocco/France. We are new to the overlanding world but we are very familiar with hiking and camping mostly outside the US. We finally decided,after being here for 20 years, to start discovering our own backyard which is pretty impressive. What a better way to do so then to mix both world. Our rig is simple ( dodge 2500 cumins), we are adding a camper ( Conqueror) for some comfort because in May we are traveling around the US for 2 months. I'm glad and great full to have found such knowledgeable and real people in OB . I hope to meet some of you in May in Flagstaff for the convention or on the road somewhere. Until then, thank you and be safe.

swing by New Orleans on your way. I have a gated lot in walking distance from Bourbon st and the French Quarter.

mountainkatt

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Prince George, BC, Canada
Member #

Greetings from Prince George, BC!

The Jeep is Ghost, and Ghost likes adventures. Like RescueJeep, our last major adventure was 19 days from Prince George, through BC, Alberta, Montana, Idaho, Utah, and Arizona to Las Vegas for the Jp Magazine Dirt'n'Drive to Moab. Participate in the glory that was Easter Jeep Safari 50, and then Utah, Arizona, California, Oregon and Washington home!

Summer was spent exploring the riversides and mountain tops in our region.

The next grand adventure leaves poor Ghost at home while the husband and I rent a campervan in the Scottish Highlands for 14 days of exploration, hiking and scotch!

13254166_10153717977341795_8436429906012819469_n.jpg

grumpy

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Miami
Member #

swing by New Orleans on your way. I have a gated lot in walking distance from Bourbon st and the French Quarter.
Thanks for the invite,it's about 12h drive so I'm pretty sure we will need a rest area I will contact you regardless if I camp the night or not... at least for a drink:)

grumpy

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Miami
Member #

Drinks are this towns specialty. Plus from my lot there is one hell of a view of the city.
Last time I visited your city was in my 20 with bunch of bikers, we had a blast! Are you going to the overland show in May?