Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Chris here, along with Kayla, a 3 yr pit/shephard mix. She's my ride-or-die; comes to work with me everyday, travels everywhere I go, determines whether or not I attend an event, etc.

I drive a 2011 Toyota Tacoma. Pic attached.

I love the outdoors. My hobbies all revolve around being outside. Exploring and traveling are in my blood. Kayla, as a pup, was found abandoned in the middle of literally nowhere. Don't know anything else about the time she spent surviving in the woods other than she's the only dog I've ever had that goes into a foraging mode (it's actually entertaining to watch her pick and choose which flowers and leaves she's going to eat, or bugs she digs up and either devours or casts aside. She prefers staying outside vs. inside when I'm working, and on the patio or backyard when at home. Suffice it to say, she loves the outdoors as well.

I spent a lot of time in my younger years off-pavement. My parents are US State Dept. retired, so I grew up overseas in under-developed and usually classified as 'danger-posts' countries. Safaris in Africa, a lot of off-pavement travel when we lived in Yemen (before the first Gulf War), and trekking and mountain biking when we were in Nepal as well as some off-roading. Dad had a 1989 2nd gen right-hand drive 4Runner when we lived there, which was the vehicle I started learning how to drive in.

With all of that said, I am a beginner/novice overlander. When it comes to technical driving/operating, recovery, navigating, etc I basically know nothing. I was just a kid, those things were handled by the adults. My role then was not distracting whoever was driving, and keeping myself busy with whatever activities would earn me scout badges. My only real experience off-roading has been on hard-packed mixed surface in 2wd drive vehicles, usually while ripping it vs crawling it (dirt roads when we lived in Poland, limestone and shell in SW Florida where I'm originally from, and hard dry sand/clay out west in Southern Cali and Arizona).

So, even though I feel like i have been overlanding since my childhood years, this introduction post serves as a timestamp marking the actual starting point of a hobby/lifestyle that evidently is supposed to be a huge part of who I am.
Welcome To Overland Bound
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You can use the Member Map to find other members and events in your area. You can also send a message directly from the map to other members.
RESOURCE MAP
U.S. SouthEast (AR LA MS KY TN AL NC SC GA FL)
App Tutorials
Overland Bound One App Adventure and Expedition Tutorials
Take a try at adding a track or point of interest to the app.
You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Check out the four Overland Expo events https://www.OverlandExpo.com
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course
If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me, hopefully I can get you going in the right direction. @Kent R or Kent@OverlandBound.com

caspoint220

local Expert, West Europe
Launch Member

Steward I

Biblical Garden, Elgin, Scotland IV30 1HU, United Kingdom
First Name
Steve
Last Name
W
Member #

Hi OB crew,

long time member #1011 but new to the forum based in SE England with various 4x4 vehicle "projects" that we use for adventuring overland.

Cheers
Steve
Hi Pal!

As Kent has said, I'm responsible for Scotland and N England - we have whatsapp groups and Facebook pages that supplement the forum and offer daily instant chat, give me a shout if you need anything pal.

Would love to see some if your projects.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
New to the forum, saw it mentioned in a youtube video when looking up DIY kitchen designs. I work a lot, so most of my stuff is projects and future builds or wants. I live in Houston TX, slowly building my 85 Dodge Ram and trailer. I also have an 85 Ramcharger that I've taken to Merus in Palo Duro Canyon, but it needs some work as well now. My plans are to build a camper trailer for the rooftop tent, so I can leave it at camp and drive either the Ram or Ramcharger when I'm exploring and wheeling. I have a lot of parts just waiting to come together and be used, but time hasn't been on my side the past year or so.

1985 Power Ram W350, 8" lift, 92 Cummins drivetrain on 37's.
1985 Ramcharger, 4" lift, 92 Cummins drivetrain on 37's.
M101 trailer frame, dodge stepside bed, and will have ladder rack, rooftop tent, camp shower, kitchen, etc....
Welcome to Overland Bound
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Some Local Experts are; in Texas @roots66 & @Coreymol, and in the DFW area you can also contact @Prerunner1982
You can use the Member Map to find other members and events in your area. You can also send a message directly from the map to other members.
RESOURCE MAP
App Tutorials
Check out Overland Expo https://www.OverlandExpo.com
Here is a Midwest expo in MO MOORE OVERLANDING AND OFF-ROAD EXPO // OZARK EMPIRE FAIRGROUNDS – SPRINGFIELD, MO
If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me, hopefully I can get you going in the right direction. @Kent R or Kent@OverlandBound.com

detailingbychris_1e49c3

Rank III

Contributor III

Leland, Brunswick County, North Carolina, United States
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Johnston
Member #

Chris here, along with Kayla, a 3 yr pit/shephard mix. She's my ride-or-die; comes to work with me everyday, travels everywhere I go, determines whether or not I attend an event, etc.

I love the outdoors. My hobbies all revolve around being outside. Exploring and traveling are in my blood. Kayla, as a pup, was found abandoned in the middle of literally nowhere. Don't know anything else about the time she spent surviving in the woods other than she's the only dog I've ever had that goes into a foraging mode (it's actually entertaining to watch her pick and choose which flowers and leaves she's going to eat, or bugs she digs up and either devours or casts aside. She prefers staying outside vs. inside when I'm working, and on the patio or backyard when at home. Suffice it to say, she loves the outdoors as well.

I spent a lot of time in my younger years off-pavement. My parents are US State Dept. retired, so I grew up overseas in under-developed and usually classified as 'danger-posts' countries. Safaris in Africa, a lot of off-pavement travel when we lived in Yemen (before the first Gulf War), and trekking and mountain biking when we were in Nepal as well as some off-roading. Dad had a 1989 2nd gen right-hand drive 4Runner when we lived there, which was the vehicle I started learning how to drive in.

With all of that said, I am a beginner/novice overlander. When it comes to technical driving/operating, recovery, navigating, etc I basically know nothing. I was just a kid, those things were handled by the adults. My role then was not distracting whoever was driving, and keeping myself busy with whatever activities would earn me scout badges. My only real experience off-roading has been on hard-packed mixed surface in 2wd drive vehicles, usually while ripping it vs crawling it (dirt roads when we lived in Poland, limestone and shell in SW Florida where I'm originally from, and hard dry sand/clay out west in Southern Cali and Arizona).

So, even though I feel like i have been overlanding since my childhood years, this introduction post serves as a timestamp marking the actual starting point of a hobby/lifestyle that evidently is supposed to be a huge part of who I am.
Welcome To Overland Bound
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
RESOURCE MAP
U.S. SouthEast (AR LA MS KY TN AL NC SC GA FL)
App Tutorials
You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Check out the four Overland Expo events https://www.OverlandExpo.com
Thank you, Kent. Greatly appreciated!!

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

Snohomish County, WA, USA
First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
New to the forum, saw it mentioned in a youtube video when looking up DIY kitchen designs. I work a lot, so most of my stuff is projects and future builds or wants. I live in Houston TX, slowly building my 85 Dodge Ram and trailer. I also have an 85 Ramcharger that I've taken to Merus in Palo Duro Canyon, but it needs some work as well now. My plans are to build a camper trailer for the rooftop tent, so I can leave it at camp and drive either the Ram or Ramcharger when I'm exploring and wheeling. I have a lot of parts just waiting to come together and be used, but time hasn't been on my side the past year or so.

M101 trailer frame, dodge stepside bed, and will have ladder rack, rooftop tent, camp shower, kitchen, etc....
Greetings Phillip, welcome to Overland Bound!

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

Snohomish County, WA, USA
First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549

Greetings Chris, welcome to Overland Bound!

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF

Hello Phillip (@chau8238 ), welcome to Overland Bound. I am one of your Local Experts for Texas.

The Houston area has this meetup here: Recurring Bryan College Station Meet-up

Local information and involvement opportunities can be found here: Southwest Region (AZ/NM/TX/OK)

Looking to meet fellow members? Check out the Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups

Events in the SW region can be found here: Overland Bound Events SW Region

Want to know what members are planning? You can find out here: Overland Trip Planning

If you have any questions, please just let me know.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF

Hello and welcome to the OB family.

Gotham2112

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Sachse, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
McGovern
Member #

Hi Chris and Kayla! Great looking build on the Taco. Welcome to OB!

Bengt N

Rank VII

Member III

Sparreholm, Södermanland, Sweden
First Name
Bengt
Last Name
Nordrup
Member #

Hallo to you both
Welcome to OBO
Greetings from Sweden
WBR
Bengt N

Mike_in_MO

Rank I

Contributor III

Innsbrook, MO, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Long
1) Innsbrook, Missouri (about 50 miles west of St. Louis)
2) 2011 Ford Expedition - can’t part with it so planning to use it for overland camping.
3) New to overlanding. My wife and I have lots of camping experience. We are now in our 60’s. Believe overlanding will allow us to continue to enjoy backcountry adventures without having to carry everything on our backs.

Bengt N

Rank VII

Member III

Sparreholm, Södermanland, Sweden
First Name
Bengt
Last Name
Nordrup
Member #

2) 2011 Ford Expedition - can’t part with it so planning to use it for overland camping.
3) New to overlanding. My wife and I have lots of camping experience. We are now in our 60’s. Believe overlanding will allow us to continue to enjoy backcountry adventures without having to carry everything on our backs.
Hallo Mike
Welcome to OBO
Greetings from Sweden
WBR
Bengt N

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hello and welcome to the OB family.

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hello Mike, welcome to you and your wife to Overland Bound.

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Hi Mike,

Welcome to Overland Bound!

Greetings from Europe,
Bjoern

OTH Overland

Local Expert Washington, USA
Investor

Trail Blazer III

Camano Island, WA, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Ballard
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N7XQP
Service Branch
Fire/EMS/SAR
Welcome to Overland Bound from Washington State.