First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Greetings from the UK,

I am newer to overlanding but not new to offroading. I joined to learn as much as I can and to improve my Jeep to fit our needs while we're touring Europe for 30 days. I am looking for any and all advice for what we could do better and to make our trip as successful as it can be with my wife and the dog. We have to make this last big trip in Europe the best it can be as we have to move back to the US in May.

Thanks for having us!
Hi Victor,

So again, also here welcome to Overland Bound.

I had already answered in the other topic regarding your Europe trip. Also check out the Europe subforums here, you will find a lot of info about overlanding in Europe. On the OB Map you will find many POIs that can be useful on your trip. Maybe even the one or other planned meetup is on your way. You can find them under Rally Points. There you can select by region, e.g. West Europe, Mid Europe etc. If you still have specific questions about individual regions or the like, then let me know. Happy to help.

Have fun on your trip through Europe. Maybe our paths will cross somewhere, in which case I would be happy to meet you in person. Is it possible to follow your journey somewhere (social media or so)?

Bjoern

BlackCatJT

Rank V

Contributor III

West Row, Bury Saint Edmunds, UK
First Name
Victor
Last Name
Hallett
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Bjoern,

Thank you for all the warm welcomes everywhere. I have started to dig around in the forums and browsing the map POI's. I will reach out and yes, perhaps our paths will cross!

Instagram is the best way to follow along! I try to post as much as I remember to and hope to not get too backlogged.

Thanks,
Victor

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Greetings from the UK,

I am newer to overlanding but not new to offroading. I joined to learn as much as I can and to improve my Jeep to fit our needs while we're touring Europe for 30 days. I am looking for any and all advice for what we could do better and to make our trip as successful as it can be with my wife and the dog. We have to make this last big trip in Europe the best it can be as we have to move back to the US in May.

Thanks for having us!
Hello Victor, welcome to Overland Bound. Blessings for your service!

Bengt N

Rank VII

Member III

Sparreholm, Södermanland, Sweden
First Name
Bengt
Last Name
Nordrup
Member #

Greetings from the UK,

Thanks for having us!
Hallo Victor
Welcome to OBO
Greetings from Sweden
WBR
Bengt N

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Greetings from the UK,

Thanks for having us!
Welcome To Overland Bound
Our European Ambassador is Dave Spinks @PolarisOverland
West Europe, Local Experts are @professorpool @caspoint220
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You can use the Member Map to find other members and events in your area. You can also send a message directly from the map to other members.
RESOURCE MAP
App Tutorials
Overland Bound One App Adventure and Expedition Tutorials
Take a try at adding a track or point of interest to the app.
Local information for any of our regions can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
West Europe
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course
If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me, hopefully I can get you going in the right direction. @Kent R or Kent@OverlandBound.com

professorpool

Local Expert West Europe
Launch Member

Traveler III

Woking, England
First Name
Nik
Last Name
Hammond
Member #

Greetings from the UK,

Thanks for having us!
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You can use the Member Map to find other members and events in your area. You can also send a message directly from the map to other members.
RESOURCE MAP
App Tutorials
Local information for any of our regions can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
West Europe
If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me, hopefully I can get you going in the right direction. @Kent R or Kent@OverlandBound.com
Hi blackcatjt,

We’re just back from a rally point where eight of us met up for a weekend.

As Kent says check out the rally points for activity!

Nik

Bengt N

Rank VII

Member III

First Name
Bengt
Last Name
Nordrup
Member #

New member here. I have limited offroad/camping experience but have been building up my knowledge/gear over the past few years and slowly doing longer/farther trips in my rigs, and am always reading to learn how to improve my setups.
Hallo Joshua
Welcome to OBO
Greetings from Sweden
WBR
Bengt N

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
New member here. I have limited offroad/camping experience but have been building up my knowledge/gear over the past few years and slowly doing longer/farther trips in my rigs, and am always reading to learn how to improve my setups.
Hi Joshua,

Welcome to Overland Bound!

You will find plenty of good information here and a great community with members who are happy to help if you have questions.

Greetings from Europe,
Bjoern

caspoint220

local Expert, West Europe
Launch Member

Steward I

Biblical Garden, Elgin, Scotland IV30 1HU, United Kingdom
First Name
Steve
Last Name
W
Member #

Greetings from the UK,

Thanks for having us!
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
RESOURCE MAP
App Tutorials
West Europe
Hi blackcatjt,

We’re just back from a rally point where eight of us met up for a weekend.

As Kent says check out the rally points for activity!

Nik
Welcome @BlackCatJT

I am responsible for Scotland and Northern England.

Hopefully get to meet you soon!!!

If you fancy a more active (daily) group - we also have a WhatsApp and Facebook page which supports the main forum and app here, please let me know if there is anything I can help with!

Cheers,

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hello Joshua, welcome to Overland Bound.

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

Snohomish County, WA, USA
First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Greetings from the UK,

Thanks for having us!
Greetings Victor, welcome to Overland Bound!

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Greetings Joshua, welcome to Overland Bound!

Demon4x4

Rank II

Contributor III

Houston, Harris County, Texas, United States
First Name
Randall
Last Name
Dorn
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KF5ZXT/WRZY675
Hello there!

1) I only have a mock up pic for now, but I've got an order in for a 2024 Bronco.
IMG_1452.jpg
2) Houston area
3) 2024 Ford Bronco Badlands (pending); 1993 Ford Explorer (current)
4) Overlanding Experience Background (Novice or Experienced, you're welcome here!)
- overlanding, not so much. Most of my experience is from rock crawling, but I'm getting older now and looking to take it easy while still enjoying the outdoors, along with vehicle assistance.

Here's my rockcrawler 1993 Ford Explorer on 1979 F350 D60s:
IMG_3434.jpg

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Hello there!

1) I only have a mock up pic for now, but I've got an order in for a 2024 Bronco.
View attachment 266316
2) Houston area
4) Overlanding Experience Background (Novice or Experienced, you're welcome here!)
- overlanding, not so much. Most of my experience is from rock crawling, but I'm getting older now and looking to take it easy while still enjoying the outdoors, along with vehicle assistance.

View attachment 266317
Hi Randall,

Welcome to Overland Bound!

Greetings from Europe,
Bjoern

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hello there!

View attachment 266316
2) Houston area

View attachment 266317
Hello Randall, welcome to Overland Bound.

Bengt N

Rank VII

Member III

First Name
Bengt
Last Name
Nordrup
Member #

Hello there!

View attachment 266316
2) Houston area

View attachment 266317
Hallo Randal
Welcome to OBO
Greetings from Sweden
WBR
Bengt N

Gotham2112

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Sachse, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
McGovern
Member #

Hello there!

View attachment 266316
2) Houston area

View attachment 266317
Hi Randall! Nice to see another new TX member.

When is your Bronco due to arrive?

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Hello there!

View attachment 266316
2) Houston area

View attachment 266317
Greetings Randall, welcome to Overland Bound!